Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Am I overdoing it?

Jimity

Bluelighter
I assume this is the right forum to post in, but I'm sure someone will tell me if it isnt.

Ok, first things first. I'm 19. Six feet tall, 56kg (I've ALWAYS been underweight), male, and physcially healthy.

I need some advice. Obviosuily it has to do with drugs. I only started using drugs about 6-8 months ago. My general useage is my going out to clubs once a month or maybe twice if im lucky and pilling. I'll usually take 1-2 pills, some amiyl nitrite and smoke a couple of cones. During the week I might smoke 2 or 3 cones at a mates place once or twice a week. Thats about it.

All my drug using friends dont say a word about how much I use, however, everyone else that knows I use drugs tries to brand me as an addict. I've been completly shunned out of one circle of friends who I thought were close friends. Lately, their insults, talking behind my back and rumour milling has begun to get to me, and made me wonder if I *am* an addict.

For instance, the other night, a customer at work discovered I was a spacecadet and decided to go tell my boss, seconds after swearing he would never disclose it. This led to her saying "Be careful who you tell things to", (even though I never told him). Then the next day a workfriend of mine tells me my other boss believes I am bringing my "Drug related problems" into the workplace. I was completly unaware I *HAD* drug problems.

Everytime the topic of drugs come up, and I try to defend myself (I research my drugs, I test everything, I dont use drugs alone etc etc), they tell me I am in denial and "thats what a junkie would say". It drives me insane.

My drug use doesnt affect my health, fininacial security or work life (besides people talking about me behind my back). Whats the go? DO I have a problem? I dont think I do, but I'd love some advice on the topic.

its just more uneducated ppl.

so does ur boss think ur a druggie?? cos thats not good. tell him/her not to listen to anything theyve heard and back yourself up by showing them that nothing is gettin in the way of ur work.

it doesnt sound like u have a problem to me. ignorant ppl. grr.

I really wish I could talk to my boss, but I know that if I bring it up, he will assume I am trying to deny it and sack me. Prick would probably get away with it to if he drug tested me. Though maybe I will talk to my other boss tomorrow night. She was a real piller in her day, so she cant judge me I dont think.

yeh thatd be ur best bet.

and its sad cos u know how hopeless any arguments gonna be with them.

other than work tho, if anyone else is sayin shit like "ur an addict" tell em to stick it, and show em a real addict or something.

be your own person

If what your saying is true, once a month, twice at most with the drugs you've listed my personal view is that your not overdoing it - but that's just my view. Just like your other non drug using friends think your a junkie - everyone has their own opinion. Don't worry about what others think, be your own person but don't let your drug use get in the way of your life like it may be with your boss knowing about your use.

The drug scene/community is really a community, you have more in common with these people and depending on how much of an interest you have in it you might find in a year that the majority of your friends are like-minded.

Law related question. If I tell my boss that I use e, but it doesnt affect my work or anything, is he allowed to sack me? I'm only a month and a bit from the end of my traineeshit, and I dont want to be sacked so close to the end of hell.

If you're over doing it. you'll know. Changes in personality are the first thing to occur.
In the grand scheme of thing's, you're virtually clean ;)

Don't tell your boss you use drugs - you have too much to lose. I think he could sack you with the change in the law regarding drug use no longer being seen as a medical condition (meaning that it would not be discrimination to sack a drug user). Even if he can't legally, he may just make up another excuse and sack you anyhow. While your drug use may not be affecting your work, if your boss is anti-drugs, he may claim your work has been affected.

Yeah just keep your trap shut .... I argee with superbabydoc ;) why need to tell your boss? what you hope to archieve by telling your boss? a pat on the back? come on be realistic...

I'd say that the solution is simple and do exactly what I did when I was a regular (and I mena regular) user. Work hard. Harder than you have ever worked and make a model employee of yourself. If cutting down your useage makes it easier, then I say do so. There were plenty of people at my work who knew about my habits, but I managed to hold my shit together and I always tried to be constructive no matter how moody I was. If your boss is anti-drugs and gets a sniff about your after work lifestyle, then there is little you can do to change his perception about what you get up to. Don't try and educate them. It's too risky, but you can turn it around by showing your boss how risky it would be for him/her to lose you. Show some initiative and try to improve the place where you work.

Yeah I argee with Loony..... as a manager at my workplace's department.... I know HEAPS of stoners at work.... and they have no idea that I use drugs or what, but couple know that I know they smoked pot because I asked them "didnt you have a good smoko eariler?" and they don't worry me, as they do their job, and funny thing is I prefer they come to work stoned, they are great workers and perform so well when they are stoned and red-eyed. I just turn blind eye... because due the work policy if I knew they were wasted when they come to work, I am supposed to send them home because if they went to work off their chops/stoned, and I knew they were wasted and they got injured at work while under influnece and I knew about it, and they could get a smart lawyer and they could sue my work and i would get the sack because I let them to come to workplace while they were wasted..... so its just not worth telling your boss because he could do it for legal reason to save his own arse....just in case you got injured at work and all that legal bullshit.

Hi Jimity, I agree with both cowboy and baby doc.

I have about 60 employees and as baby doc says if your boss is anti drugs or doesn't like your taste in music he'll find an excuse to get rid of you (raving looney is not silly either)

And re cowboys comments, I have the same personal view that your not overdoing it. My usage, which is 3 out 4 weekends, I consider to be overdoing it and needing to be addressed.

If I put on my employer hat, what my employees do in their own time is none of my business, however if their private activities constituted a health and safety issue to themselves or other employees while at work that would have to be addressed as carefully as possible (not easy I tell you because all your middle management will have their own views about the issue and will want to stick their two cents worth in).

The following old saying is my best advice "loose lips sink ships" :\ :\

my boss knows what i get up to... well not entirely but she knows i take pills...

in fact she ordered me 600 L-Tryptophan (95mg) pills on company account.

:)

she's cool with it.

Don't worry ... be happy

Look if what you're saying is true and that it isn't affecting your life psychologically, financially etc. then you've nothing to worry about. Those dirty ravers etc. just get jealouse that's all! at the fact that you are able to control your drug taking and do it for the sheer pleasure... not because you can't deal with certain issues in your life! ;)

I just wanted to point out that if your (non-using) friends have ostracised you as much as you say they have, they were never your real friends in the first place. Fuck em. Their loss...

I hardly call what you use a problem.
your not an addict.

Aslong as you're never effected by drugs IN the work place.

As for your friends, they should help you if they care.... not shun you behind your back. stuff em.

"however, everyone else that knows I use drugs tries to brand me as an addict."

Tell them to shut the fuck up or you'll turn their daughters into crackwhores.
But seriously, don't listen to them.

I don't think so, your usage is very light and you haven't been doing it for very long. I know its easier said than done but ignore them. If that doesn't work as Steve said above "You can turn their daughters into crackwhores" LOL!

I have decided that I am not going to touch a thing for a while. No illict substances to enter my body until the end of Janurary at least. I think I need to give the 'ol brain a rest, weather I am over doing it or not.