Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police claim to smash ecstasy ring

pill_jockey

Bluelighter
Police claim to smash ecstasy ring
December 18, 2003

AUSTRALIAN authorities had smashed an international drug trafficking ring and seized ecstasy worth $11.5 million, they said today.

Authorities seized 32kg of ecstasy tablets and arrested 12 people in Australia and the United Kingdom in a big sting, acting Justice Minister Amanda Vanstone said.

A UK-based drug syndicate with connections in Sydney and Perth allegedly organised the shipment of about 165,000 ecstasy pills with a potential street value of $11.5 million, inside the doors of six refrigerators.

The shipment left the UK on December 3.

Senator Vanstone said the Government believed the seizure and arrests smashed a big ecstasy trafficking syndicate.

taken from

news.com.au

This is just one of many ecstacy busts that have occured in the past few months, I believe that this increase in seizures is responsible for the increase in ketamine and speed based pills. Are these bust really helping the community or just causing the people who would have taken these drugs to resort to substances produced by "backyard" chemists..............

thats some pretty expensive pills! 165,000 pills with street value of 11.5 million. That makes the pills almost $70 each. More excellent, responsible and accurate reporting...its great to see

As usual, it seems police reasoning of pills = street value. I.e pills sold to main dealer. say $2 ea. dealer sells to his, $10 ea, dealer sells to his, $15 and so on... Its very reasonable to see how $70-$100 is estimated as street value (I don't actually see media saying, these pills costs $70 or whatever each in articles).

This has been said many times, wish people would actually take it in :)

Never good to see that many pills taken out of the market though. Can only hope they were not good quality MDMA pills otherwise we all missing out!

SOrry bout the lack of thought on that one Wazza but still do you think the average person reading the paper or watching the news would work it out the way you have? It didn't even occur to me and I regard myself as someone with a fair knowledge of drugs and related issues. I reckon that Mr Average sitting at home saw that info on TV he would do the quick math of value (11.5million) divided by amount (160,00 or whatever it was). The manipulations/twists/slants or just method of presentation of such information does not have to be overly drastic or obvious to achieve the desired goal. An article doesn't have to have the title of Ecstacy=death for a journalist to get message that 'drugs are bad' accross. Is often done by skilled journalist through use of mildly emotive language, placement of photos, graph, pictures, use of basic instead of in-depth statistics. Shit sorry way off topic

Beech out

A further tidbit to that story was that this ring had been doing this for a regular basis for at least 2 years.
In a city like Perth that is not the best news when clearly these would have been quality MDMA pills.

In fairness to ketamine, it is about the cleanest drug you would ever consume - it is not backyard as it is diverted from legitimate sources. Of course it being pressed into pills along with backyard meth and whatever else is certainly backyard. But for those pills that are actually straight ketamine, they contain far less impurities than any MDMA pill.

did anyone see it on the news??

goddamn that was some nice looking pills. lotsa perty colours ;) i saw skinny white ones.... big fat pink ones and some average sized green ones! what i would give for just one of those bags :D

they said it on the enws.... but you can't really believe them 100%..... but supposedly some or most of these were destined for perth :( it's enough to make a man cry :\

and there is no doubt that they were quality, or at least decent pills. nobody is stupid enough to be importing crappy ket or speed bombs, when they can get them in abundance over here! lol

i know people will say the same old.... this won't affect the supply, and shit like that. but the fact is.. it will affect the supply to someone, somewhere! even if the affect is that the person can only get crappy speed or ket bombs!

I just saw it on the news. There were enough pills there to fill the dimensions of a queenside bed!!

As sonic said...there were lots of different colours and shapes...mmmm.

This has to affect someones supply...there were enough tablets to fuel 6 weekends for Australia's drug munching community.:(

What a shame 8)

They seem to be catching much more import smugglers lately.

Shal.
:D

sure they might be catching more, but I would bet my own mother that the reason for that is that more are being imported than ever before. Even if they catch all the drug smugglers around, running drugs is the kind of business that there are always more people ready to make a buck and take the risks :)

yeah i dont think it will affect things that much. there is always gonna be people who are willing to much massive amoutns of cash. and by these people bein caught, you could maybe say that other groups of druglords would relish this oppurtunity and get more drugs out to our shores now. because there will always be that demand. when someone is cut down there is many people willing to fill there shoes and so on. imo. go the drugs being brought to perth. good to see. merry xmas peace out

This might not even be a smuggling ring.

The way i see it, this could be just a group of friends, sending over a SHITLOAD from the UK.

I have a friend who goes to the UK now and then, and without going into prices, it costs only a small %, of what they do here.... and quality biccies are in abundance.

it would of only been a small investment. At a guess i say around 10k per person involved. with the rewards HUGE if they made em home.

this aint nothing like the bust of the processing plant of the X-Score pills in indonesia, where TONS of mdp2p and all that other good shit was found.

the more i think about it, this news article is another wank story from the media/government pretending they are actually doing something constructive, amanda vanstone should fuck off the fat bitch!

there is noway for one second i belive this is a massive smuggling "ring" 12 people arrested?..... 165 000, pills.... is only 1375 each... not to mention the people not instigated.... say 1000 each.

at a guestimation they would of only stood to make around 25k maximum each.... if they sold them.

or what i think, is a cheap supply of pills for themselves for a few years.

I think these people really FUCKED up, they took a fucking HUGE risk for minimal profits.... unless uhhhh there were 100 previous fridges :D

Last edited:
Its a good thing we have corrupt cops they get some of these babies back out on the streets. For example last year around oct/nov time there was a bust at the melbourne wharf/docks the pills that they seized were playstations. I bought several playstations a few weeks later, maybe they only found half the stash.

Thinking about this....
For new years eve...imagine your a police officer... would you want to deal with 50,000 drunks or 50,000 pillheads...hmmmm...
Im not so worried now, ;)

HAHAHAHA pill jockey..... my bad.

mmmmmmmmm 13.5k is more like it wassat become.... 250k now :) mmmmmmmmm

OMG OMG OMG!

DAMN YOU COPPER!!!!

Bahahahahahaha.. whats the colour of a 2 cent piece.. copper copper. OMG OMG, the party is over gentlemen. The ring has been smashed.

Bahahaha..

It really is a slow time for news stories atm, ill have to go watch Ray tonight to get some good footage of a seizure from 1894 :)

Yeah I saw the big range of pills on the news.. I see the exact same footage every month...