• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does your friends 'lack of' drug education annoy you?

res

Bluelighter
I pose this question as this sort of thing has really started to annoy me.

Does your friends lack of education in regards to drugs annoy you?

A lot of my friends do drugs, and I've heard some pretty stupid things come out of their mouths, from acid making your brain 'bleed' to cocaine based pills to smoking cannabis stem shrinking your penis. A friend of mine was also telling me how acid works saying that the first few times you do the 'cid it is stored in your brain and when you take it again, the acid is released and flows down your spine.. 8) I try and convince them otherwise and state the facts, even refer them to sites such as erowid, however they cling to this misguided second-hand bullshit. Despite their mis-information, they continue to take drugs, yet ridicule them with some pretty outlandish shit like I mentioned above..:/

Also what are some of the more stupid drug related perceptions you've heard that couldn't possibly be real but you know people that believe it.. 8o

yer my friends are all like that. they call me a nerd for pre/post loading, and then wonder why i pull up better than them.

It doesn't really bother me at all if people have misconceptions; it's gonna happen when drugs are treated in our society like some kind of evil underground scourge...

What annoys me is like you said, when people cling to those preconceptions rather than take any interest in finding the truth. People don't know what they don't know, but nothing's stopping them from learning....

--President Raz--

Friends of mine are very anti-drugs, but are reasonably informed.....even if it is just the main things you hear....although one friend thought that taking E was just like getting pissed....like being all over the shop, loud, dissasociated etc....i set her straight....

But on the whole, my friends are fairly ok...not talked about too much in my circle i guess :p

^^^A question posed to all of the above posts. Do misconceptions or a complete lack of any knowledge whatsoever annoy you more?

Most of my no-drug friends are such wankers when it comes to drugs, they are of the, "you touched a joint, your an addict" school of thought. No matter what you try to tell them, they just say its what an addict says. However, all of my yes-drug friends are all incredibly intelligent and serious about their drug use. They dont spin shit stories about drugs and they are all into harm reduction.

i hate it when my non-drug mates think they know more than me about drugs... that gets me worked up.. im a bluelighter for gods sake

Thanks to my uneducated no-drug mates, now I know for certain that MDMA makes your spine bleed and is just made from Ratsack (why you get thirsty) and Cocaine (why u have energy). Its true I tells you!!

I'm getting kind of sick of some of my friends saying that every non-decent pill they have must have ketamine in it...

Mm'kay?

southpark6.gif

annoyed?

Stupidity annoys me, people get on a bit of a ego trip about how cool and svelte they and their drug knowledge are and suddenly they are the cats pyjamas, and I don't know Jack or Jacks shit half as intimately as they. I'd find that amusing if they keep their wisdom quietly, but when someone fucks up and instead of trying to work out what went wrong Dealer Boy declares it was a 'coincidence' or that 'it was a like a bad pill' or better yet 'oh she just couldn't handle it'. I feel a little pissed off, it's not cool to be ignorant when the knowledge is right there in front of you, and it plain fucked up when someone else life is riding on your half assed verbal masturbation.
When, on the other hand, things just go wrong and they really didn't and couldn't have known better (like my friend getting himself hospitalised because he didn't realise his medication and the pill that nice boy gave him wouldn't mix too well, or another getting herself nice and dead), it breaks my heart. We have some pretty stupid people who may not do things any differently with some education but there's plenty more who would benefit if only they knew where to find that information.
Anyhow, no, people who have tickets on themselves and just won't learn, don't annoy me, they piss me off.

Nahz... I love it when my friends tell me they're "Smacked the Fuck out 'cause they pills dun have Herion in them... Dicks".
=D

Not really, I just ingore them, and enjoy myself, I just don't give a shit about them, if they don't accept who I am in the first place or the way I lead my lifestyle, they are not my friends in the first place.... I just laugh at them.

My personal annoyance is when people apply the "it happened to a friends second brother's uncle so it must happen to everyone" style of annocdotal evidence. I usually retort with detail scientific explinations which confuse people, and they feel too stupid to complain.

I have a mate who says GHB is Chlorine and Sugar. He has since changed his conception but continues on with it to piss me off. Also he and many others place GHB in the same category as heroin, and won't listen to reason when you explain the chemical properties of it. Some people simply don't want to know the truth. 8)

I was told by a workmate on the drive home from work that G is the root of all evil. I gave her a half hearted effort to explain otherwise but gave up in a few seconds and just laughed...

Then again, as mentioned, if you decide to use drugs and the information about them exists, youd be an absolute fucktard to go ahead without educating yourself

lostpunk5545 said:
I'm getting kind of sick of some of my friends saying that every non-decent pill they have must have ketamine in it...
:X I get the same with some of my friends, when they are hit on there arse from a pill, they tell me its a shit pill and it has K in it, I am consantly telling them that is MDA for ya, thats what it does if they wanted to dance they should of had speed!! Grrr it shit me!! Oh and also the "Do I look like a kandy kid, becoz I dont want too" really I dont give a fuk!! :p

I was told just last week that acid gets stored in your spine and you can never get rid of it. It just keeps adding up every time you do it. That's why SO many people get HPPD because sometimes it leaks out into your brain. sheeesssh

This, from someone I would consider quite inteligent in general :\

Very often.

I talk to a lot of strangers when I'm out, and invariably, the conversation will turn to drugs and it scares me how little people know, even people who have been taking drugs for a long time.

It's even worse when you meet dealers who have absolutely no idea, as far as they're concerned pills are just one great big lottery... some don't even know something as basic as the difference between MDA and K, and plenty of others don't even believe you when you tell them you can test pills.

The absolute worst though is when a dealer passes off shit pills to me, it's feels like an insult to my intelligence. Verbally put, it's like they're saying, "I think you're as stupid as every other person out there who gobbles these things down and doesn't question what's in them."

I find in general, people who know jack-shit-all about what they're taking make up a large majority of the drug scene.

:\