Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2004 : What does it hold for you?

edw1n

Bluelighter
With the new year coming in .. it seems that some of you have finished school, uni, courses, work etc. etc.

So What are you doing next year?

- - - - - - - - - - -

for me:

(rant) as i unfortunately didn't get a high enough uai in 2002 to get into my uni preferences, i instead studied a 1 year AQF Diploma Course in Multimedia Integration (a fast paced course which covers as much as you would learn in 2 years of tafe i believe (so thats what they told me anyway)) upon completion i came out with grades i could finally be proud of... a set of HD's with only 1 credit being my worst mark and that was in Java (well im not a programmer and that will be my excuse) anyway cause of the course i picked (something i enjoyed) i did well in it and now my avenues of further education have opened up much much more than i expected, all ready early into the rounds of uni offers, today i received in the mail my enrollment form to do a Masters in Digital Media @ Sydney Uni (on the condition i have a 70+ avg in the first semester - which hopefully wont be to hard), I have also got offers from Macquarie Uni for ebusiness and media in multimedia, which i will differ one of them incase the other course doesn't go to plan. (/rant)

getting to the point ..

i will be studying Digital Media @ Sydney Uni.

Whilst working with a small sydney band (endusk) doing most of their marketing / management.

Also have scored myself a new job @ a new sydney indie label called SideKick Music, where i will be working as a marketing assistant.

I also applied for a job @ epson doing Graphic / Web Design for 6 Months and i have been asked in for an interview. So hopefully i can get my hands on that job, though if i dont i wont be too disappointed.

Any other free time i will be spending at events that i can afford, and listening to music / wasting my time on the internet (whats new?)

- - - - - - - - - - -

anyway the initial reason for this post was to boast about what im doing next year cause (unlike last year) i have plenty more options of where i can go. Then i thought it would be cool to see what others are doing.

now its your turn...

2004 doesnt hold much for me, I keep asking it to and leaving things with it, but everytime I go back the things are missing or they have been dropped and broken. I just find that 2004 is unreliable.

Not much.Doing the same fucking boring job ive been doing for the last six years :X

2004 is going to be absolutely insane for me. =D

I’m still finishing my Bachelor of Training & Development via distance ed, I’ll be attending uni part-time on-campus for my Bachelor of Psychological Science and it looks like I’ll be working every spare minute and somehow managing to travel around Australia for work 36/52 weeks (how we are working this around my uni – I have no idea). :)

Amongst all this I’ll still be doing my vocal training 2-4 nights a week and singing at events a couple of weekends a month. :)

I’ll be visiting some of my favourite people in Perth and Melbourne and I’m planning to visit America and England sometime next year... it was going to be during November & December, however thoughts about how freaking cold it’s going to be have really put me off so we’ll see. :\

My sister will have her baby and I’ll become an auntie for the first time (I’m still a bit shocked that my baby sister is having a baby). I’m really excited about this :)

It’s going to be nuts but I’m sure I’ll love every second of it.

hmm...2004 hey....probably be working my ass off as usual here at work until June / July - then it's off to Europe to ply my trade. nothing too exciting :(

2004 is going to be huge for me too.

• Starting a new job.
  • Looking into buying a second house despite this so-called housing bubble popping.
  • Looking into investing into some stock options.
  • Perhaps a bit of travelling.
  • Turning 30 in November 2004. Yikes!
  • Hopefully I maintain my current get fit scheme right throughout the year.
  • Gathering a few conjoined midgets for my backyard freakshow.
  • Plus there are many more possiblities that I am not even aware of yet.

i'm very scared of 2004.

cos of my move here from tassie, uni is looking incredibly shaky, which also means my centrelink is too.

so that would mean i would have to do some Design course. i've got one in mind but its about $8000. hopefully when my parents sell part of their land, they'll pay for that.

i will also need to find a reasonable job. halfway between a lot of things at the moment.

so everything is in a kind of enormous jumbled heap that could go crashing everywhere any minute, either for the best, or the worstest thing that could possibly happen (which i'm too scared to even think about)

oh dear

2004, another year, another 365 days to wonder, where does time fly and I don't feel THAT old.

It's my fifth year out of high school next year, and that time feels a little wasted. Sure I've worked full-time, been to London, studied, but in five years, if you get me.

Next year I'll be finishing my diploma of professional writing, so I guess I'll be professional at what I do? (snigger) The main thing I think that will be achieved next year is the completion of my novel. Then I just have to sell it to some publishing house...ick.

More in tune with my attitude this year, I'm going to be more worried about saving myself, rather than the world, I'm sure it can look after itself for another year or two. I'm going to move about (about time) and get a new car (also about time).

It's just another year to progress through, regret the things I should have done, and find joy in the things that I did do.

So here's to 2004, life, and everything that goes with it.

2004 is going to be a year for me quitting my job, getting off my fucking tits for as long as possible until I get bored and get another job. Easy. (I'm having a year off all forms of responsibility next year, I have never had one, so I think I deserve it).

2004 is a year of change for me.

I ahve just graduated from my first bachelors degree, and have been accepted into a masters of lawe next year. That is the definate for next year.

The employment side is all a little up in the air. I need to start my career, which is going to come first this year, however to do so I need a job. I have been applying and finally got an interview on Monday for the position I really really want. Hopefully this position is where I will be spending the majority of my work time next year.

The social side of thinghs will hopefully see me spending heaps of quality time with my friends, and somehow moving out of home, yet still spending quality time with my family.

2 more payrises
1 overseas trip
turn another year older :(

that's about all I can really ask for at this stage. =D

Well the first hurdle will be turning 30 (!!!!!)

After that I honestly have no idea. I need to quit the stupid crap job I'm in and find something else to do with my life. I need to find a second job and get rid of my debts. Then maybe I can think about saving money for another overseas trip.

Hopefully the relationship I'm in will continue along the path it's currently on and light up an otherwise unexciting year :)

Will find out about uni early in the new year - hopefully I'll be doing a double degree in Arts and Business at Monash.

My baby will turn one, and start walking and talking and being a terror! :D

My new business will go live on January 2nd. It's an international enterprise with two women who live in the US and one in the UK - we have two financial investors and six employees. That is exciting.

That's all I have planned so far really.

shal said:
2004 holds way to much uncertainty.

^^^ that's when it's fun because we never know what's around the corner ;)

~ Few more return trips to Aus, hopefully a permanent return by end of the year.
~ At least another payrise - which means the second promotion I just received is made official.
~ The beginning of another stage of my life :)
~ Getting to see my loved ones and friends - and have a proper catchup, not the whirlwind visits I've done previously.

Jimity said:
2004 is going to be a year for me quitting my job, getting off my fucking tits for as long as possible until I get bored and get another job. Easy. (I'm having a year off all forms of responsibility next year, I have never had one, so I think I deserve it).

Thats what i like to hear,its good to see your setting goals for yourself =D

*Moving to a warehouse and doing it up with a girlfriend
*Starting a new part time job as a graphic designer
*Finishing my graphic design diploma full time
*Finishing my fine art degree part time
*Continue on the wonderful journey with my SOS
*Have a good summer holiday this year- up the coast
*Travel to New Zealand to visit one of my best friends
*Entertain friends at home more
*Learn, Love, Be happy.