• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Murder defendant describes 'little green man'

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=180&xlc=1097250

By Ihosvani Rodriguez
San Antonio Express-News

Web Posted : 12/11/2003 12:00 AM

The little green man leaped from behind the ice cream in the freezer and taunted Raymond Rodriguez to chase him.

The next thing Rodriguez remembers, after blacking out, was waking up the following morning lying on top of his mother's lover and drinking partner, Daniel San Miguel, 77, whom he discovered was dead with a knife in his chest.

Rodriguez said as much Tuesday as he took the stand on his own behalf and handed a jury what arguably is one of the most bizarre testimonies in recent capital murder trials.

Prosecutors believe Rodriguez killed San Miguel in February 2001 to steal his pickup. Authorities are not seeking the death penalty against Rodriguez, but the 25-year-old will be sentenced to life in prison if found guilty.

Rodriguez testified Wednesday that he was forced to consume a letter-size sheet of LSD earlier on the evening San Miguel died and was having hallucinations by the time he got to his house, where his mother's lover was sleeping.

Rodriguez described watching the walls and floors moving violently and going to eat something to calm his hallucinations. When he opened the refrigerator, he noticed the bologna and cheese were dancing around. Then he opened the freezer door.

"I saw a green man when I moved the ice cream," Rodriguez testified, nodding affirmatively and looking sternly at the jury. "He looked cute. I wanted him. He had hands and feet and looked like a little man. He jumped out and said, 'Catch me if you can ... !'

"So I tried to catch him."

Moments later, Rodriguez claims, he blacked out as he stared into a mirror.

The next morning, Rodriguez said he was shocked to discover San Miguel's body beneath him. He said he used San Miguel's pickup to dispose of the body in a ditch near the San Antonio Police Academy to make it easier for authorities to find the body.

After days went by, Rodriguez moved the decomposing corpse again and tossed it on the side of the road near Poteet, where a motorist eventually found it.

Rodriguez denied earlier testimony that he admitted to several people that he killed San Miguel. Witnesses who have testified to an admission include friends and relatives, including his sister, who ultimately turned him in to police.

Rodriguez described San Miguel as a loving grandfather figure who would've given him the truck if he had asked for it.

Defense attorneys have suggested someone else in the house killed San Miguel and that Rodriguez was manipulated into believing he did it.

Testimony resumes today.

[email protected]

12/11/2003

he was "forced" to consume the lsd? was the little green man around at this stage too?? anyway, weird story :eek:

Definitely a strange case... He could well be bullshitting, but then who would sleep on top of someone they just stabbed to death? :\

yeah lsd scares the shit out of me for this exact reason. SO unpredictable and high chances of getting into trouble.

[Edit: Off Topic question removed. Please use PM for personal messages or questions.
See
here: 11. DO keep private conversations to email.

PM me if you have any problems; p_d ]:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps if you eat a whole sheet! Beer generally isn't dangerous, but i imagine it would be if you tried to drink a whole keg.