Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 7kg of esctasy busted NSW

abcdefg

Bluelighter
7kgs of ecstasy seized
December 13, 2003

CUSTOMS officers seized 23,500 ecstasy capsules weighing nearly seven kilograms in a single haul at Sydney Airport last week, it was revealed today.

Federal Justice and Customs Minister Chris Ellison said the haul was discovered inside the luggage of two passengers arriving from Europe.

Mr Ellison said it had a street value of $1.6 million.

Two middle-aged Polish nationals have been charged with importing a prohibited import.

The man and woman have been ordered by a magistrate to appear before Central Local Court in Sydney on January 21, the minister said.

Source: www.news.com.au

i bet these were high dose MDMA caps.
:(

^ If there was only MDMA in the caps, you'd be looking at about 295mg per cap... Sounds unlikely to me, but perhaps they intended to mix it all up and repress them. Or maybe they weren't that pure...

:)

That is a huge amount of mdma! Even if the caps were cut with a ratio of 1 part mdma to 2 parts inactive substance, you would still get a 100mg dose and that is still a pretty good dose!

Mmm... Some people shouldn’t be drug smugglers. I mean who in their right mind smuggles 23,000+ tablets in their luggage :D

I reckon they deserve 20 Years for Stupidity!

Shame they were caughty though...

Shal...

^^^ Too bad they didn't know you to give them professional advice on it...
:)

I am sure there was a reason for it. eg. that was a decoy to import 500,000 pills.

Every bag is x-rayed these days at airports so yu would be lucky to get through customs here in Australia with a large amount of pills without raising suspicion. I had my bag opened up for a bottle of nurofen so getting anything in through luggage would be risky. Besides, who in their right mind is going to go to jail for up to 20 years as a decoy?

Besides, who in their right mind is going to go to jail for up to 20 years as a decoy?

As it has most likely always been, that would depend on how much money was waiting at the end of it. Years ago it was said that 5-7 was worth a mill. I'd say with inflation that would be substantially higher today.

riser` said:
Every bag is x-rayed these days at airports so yu would be lucky to get through customs here in Australia with a large amount of pills without raising suspicion. I had my bag opened up for a bottle of nurofen so getting anything in through luggage would be risky. Besides, who in their right mind is going to go to jail for up to 20 years as a decoy?

The Triads do this all the time. They kidnap some poor guys wife/daughter etc and threaten to kill them unless they traffic for them.

CONEZ said:
The Triads do this all the time. They kidnap some poor guys wife/daughter etc and threaten to kill them unless they traffic for them.

yeah have heard mercenaries do something similar , just goes to show
how the drug trade is so un-ethical