Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2CB and 2CI

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
I was just reading up on pill reports about beige/very light lilac purpley coloured triangles and almost every report recently suggests they contain 2CB.

I did a search and have now learnt all about this drug.....thanks.

However a few questions.

Apollo suggested in a thread that it is very rare and hard to come by..........could it be that the pill reports could be mistaken or a follow the leader syndrome and they are now all being labelled as 2CB???

Is it really rare???

Also one guy has suggested that it is unlikely to be 2CB as its very rare and very expensive but then has gone on to suggest that it is most likely 2CI............I cant find any info on that anywhere.......is there a such thing????

Im interested in your take on this.

Thanks.

Erowid should always be used as a primary resource as it usually contains in depth information on all psycoactive substances. I can also say with some conviction that the triangles do not contain 2CB (also taking into consideration the reagent test) as it is more expensive and more difficult to come by than common research chemical such as 2CI.

People on pillreports usually have no idea what is in a pill, and those who have suggested 2CB are not basing it on a reagent test but on what they have read 2CB is like or heard. For many it is also their first hallucinogenic experience, so how can they be qualified to say its 2CB?

Enlighten has tested the triangles and they do not give any reaction which leads me to believe it could be 2CE or another research chemical that has a weak/clear reaction. This is all speculation and until someone is able to obtain access to a GC/MS lab test it is all a waste of time. The only people whos opinion I would trust at 'guessing' what chemical is in the pill is a psyconaut who is familiar with research chemicals in their pure form and can suggest what chemical it is based on its effects.

The majority of people, 99% of bluelight and pillreports, won't fit into this category so it really is stupid for everyone to suggest its 2CB without having tried pure 2CB previously and not being familiar with research chemicals. This is actually a pet hate of mine having to read everyone guessing chemicals based on what they have read they are like. If in doubt you should select unknown!

Last edited:
yea what cbm said.. i've read a fair few reports on these, and every one tested with marquis has been 'clear/no reaction' yet people continue to say they are '2cb'. i'm 99% sure 2cb comes up green or something with the test kit

yes 2-CB comes up yellow/green on the Marquis reagant tester. It is very very obvious as well.

CB :)

A bit of topic, but can anybody verify the legal status of 2CI and 2CT2 in Australia?

killarava2day; Totally illegal dude.

Admitedly these chemicals might not be individually on the banned list (I havent checked) but it doesnt matter because as far as i know they fall well within our analog legistlation.

And about the pill.... I havent tried these admittedly but almost every time I have been told that a pill contains 2c-b it is invairably a pill which is partly or full MDA. I would have to say that its pretty unlikely that these pills contain 2c-b.

An Extreme test wouldnt go astray.

Whilst Robadope's ability to show anything is dubious imo, all the 2Cs are primary amines so will definitely NOT react with Simons and "technically" give a positive to Robadope.

On 2-CI: Phase_dancer could give a better opinion than I could hope to but it would not surprise me if the iodine functional group of 2-CI meant that any exposure to concentrated sulfuric acid in Marquis reagent would give an iodine type colour change should the I be released from the molecule.

2-CB's green reaction must come from somewhere and I wouldnt have thought it was because of the methoxy functional groups but rather the bromine. If it is the methoxy then all 2Cs should go green - CB, CI, CT-7 etc.

If it is the bromine, then expect the iodine to behave in a similar manner but only give a different colour change. My guess a very deep red/brown.
But who really knows.
I guess my point is, if 2-CB reacts green to Marquis then I do not see why 2-CI would react colourless. It should also give some colour too - the question is what colour.

I have not tried these pills therefore just guessing.

Could this pill simply be just vitamin C tablets containing LSD? Almost all of the users report a sweet 'orange' taste. Also doesn't LSD store better in an acidic enviroment such as vitamin C?

What are the reasons for no one speculating LSD?

Enlighten did a big mission and went to S.A. to test at Enchanted Forest, and I got the chance to test up a fair few of the triangles. They show no discernable reaction and they are not the most tightly pressed pill. I personally think that the reason they taste like vitamin c (i haven't tasted them so i am going on other peoples reports) is because they are repressed vitamin c tablets used for their micro crystalline cellulose content as a binder. mcc is a very common binder but may raise alarm bells if was tried to purchase it in a pure form. I can't be certain but it's a possibility.

marquis reagent color reactions:

2cb - pale/pine green
2ci - green to black
2ce - pale yellow
2ct7 - salmon color

Last edited:
There were vitamn C tablets circulating dosed with liquid 2CB, supossedly. I was always sceptical because all the 2CB I ever saw was in a powder form. But I had friends who know their psychedelics who had them and they definitely say they weren't LSD.

Liquid 2C-B doesn't sound very likely.

If you where given a blind study with 2C-I and LSD. You would be hard pressed to differentiate the two. Their pharmacodynamics and chronology of effect is quite similar. There are subtle differences which a hard to detect.

2C-B is slightly different, but the main difference lies in the more pleasent body load and the much shorter action. 4 hours, as compared to the 8 hours of LSD.

2C-B is usually active in doses between 15mg to 25mg. For a dose similar to the intensity of a good dose of LSD you would need about 20mg. I am not sure of the solubility properties of 2C-B but it is unlikely that enough would be solubale for a drop of liquid on a Vitamin C tablet.

However, due to the availability of 2C-B at the moment, it could be possible that it was 2C-B.

If possible, could you get your friends to describe the onset and the length of the experience.

One good way to tell the difference would be if you had it at 12:00 you could sleep by 5/6. It is most likely that by 5/6 if you had LSD then you would still be in the midst of the whirlwind.

Also, 2C-I has an deeper Aqua hue to it then the green of 2C-B.

Cheers.

Leprechaun said:

If you where given a blind study with 2C-I and LSD. You would be hard pressed to differentiate the two. Their pharmacodynamics and chronology of effect is quite similar. There are subtle differences which a hard to detect.

I've got to disagree,i don't have a great deal of experience with LSD,but the few experiennces i have didn't feel anything like 2c-i.Apart from both being psychedelics i didn't notice any similarities,although i wasn't comparing them at the time.What differences did you notice Leprechaun?

Does anyone else with experience of both have any opinions about their similiraties??

It'd be nice if one of these mystery substance pills that pop up from time to time was solved8) If i had access to these pills i thyink i'd take the time and money to send one to europe for lab testing.

Some great info in this thread. Biscuit, your reasoning was spot (as usual ) on for the colour ID for 2CI . Thanks for confirming Cowboy Mac.

I feel Bluelight needs it's own colour chart, covering all the research chems and odd combinations. Of course it would require permission to deal with such chemicals, but such an accurate list seems well overdue. I do know where a similar chart is supposed to exist....as I imagine Cowboy Mac might. Obtaining it coiuld prove a bit tricky, but maybe not impossible.
6.gif

From the Pill Testing Forum FAQ:

A list of test reactions that was compiled by Phreex using the marquis reagent
MDMA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
MDA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
MDEA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
Amphetamine = orange to a slightly brownish color
Methamphetamine = orange to a brownish color
DMT = green/yellow
DET = green/yellow
Mescaline = orange
PCP = purple
Heroin = purple or pink according to AJ
Cocaine = purple
LSD = grey
2C-B = green
2C-T-2 = orange to "rusty" red
2C-T-7 = orange to "rusty" red
5-MeO-DiPT = fizzes, then yellow to brownish-orange
DOM (STP) = yellow to green
DOB = olive green
DPT = olive green
DIPT = fizzes, then bright (neon) yellow
PMA = no color change
BZP = no color change, but it will fizz a little
AMT = brownish-yellow
Psilocybine = orange
Alpha-Methyl-DiPT = fizzes then brown
4-Acetoxy-DiPT = dark olive green
Ephedrine = yellow to yellowish brown
Yohimbine = fizzes, then olive green
Harmine = fizzes, then rusty orange
What does no reaction mean?
No reaction to the marquis reagent means that your pill does not contain an ecstasy like substance and could therefore be dangerous, if you come across pills with no reaction then do NOT take this pill, it is a good idea to send these to a lab.
For colour charts see these links http://www.eztest.com/ http://dancesafe.org/testingkits/

also http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=140107#post140107

BigTrancer :)

While this list serves well for most of us, it still remains that many people interpret colour differently.

The sassafras - MDMA variation is a good example. Tiny amounts needed to produce an odour can look less brown and more red/purple.

For this reason, and for the possible identification of known impurities via subtle colour variations, I would one day like to see an expanded colour chart with individual colours shown for each reaction, similar to those seen in EZ and Chemical Solution literature. Ideally a data base of mpgs showing colour change over 2 mins or so would be great, providing of course colour purity could be suitably captured and preserved.

I feel we need to do whatever is effective at making the most of these kits. Recent grape-line gossip up this way has revealed some scary additives in currently circulating MDMA. If one or two of these ever become widespread, the practice may render many current interpretations as being totally unreliable.

Originally posted by phase_dancer
Ideally a data base of mpgs showing colour change over 2 mins or so would be great, providing of course colour purity could be suitably captured and preserved.

This is the exact thing Enlighten has planned, all we need is access to a DV camera to be able to film the reactions. As you may know the color interpretation is a major problem for people on pillreports as they think a standard MDxx purple/black reaction is a DXM reaction. If we were to provide film of multiple substance reactions under different reagents it would increase the effectiveness of the kits.

For your information after reading all the information you guys provided and being prepared for a worst case scenario of the pill containing 2CB or 2CI......albeit an unlikely one........I decided to drop the pill.

As it turned out.........in this case anyways, Cowboy Macs suggestion was absolutely right and it turned out to be a fairly good quality.......I would rate it about a 7......MDMA pill.

PILL NAME:

Triangle........very pale lilac colour which could also be described as pale pink or beige maybe with some white, brown and orange specs spread throughout.

The pill measures 8mm wide by 3.5mm thick.

It is flat on top and bottom.

There appears to be a very faint ring right arround the outside on each side but it is faint.

The triangle is fairly well pressed and extends all the way to the edge on each of its three points.

The opposite side has a thin score mark.

I have not tested it personally however a friend did and reported that it gave an indication of MDxx like substance.

I dont trust anybody else when it comes to pills so that was the reason I was looking it up in the beginning.....as I always do.

Personally I didnt get any eye wiggles but then I rarely do however I was certainly experiencing all the usual effects of an MDMA pill.

Doesnt appear to be any speed in it.........I usually have major sleep problems if I take anything containing speed and I slept like a baby afterwards.

These were purchased in the Sydney area last weekend.