• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How would you want your funeral to be held?

tnargus

Bluelighter
I was thinking about this the other day actually. I mean the standard is to have a service, some nice soft songs, wear black, and that's about it.

How would you like your funeral to be conducted? What songs? (i realise there is a thread on just this facet in music + dj's) What location? Buried or cremated, or something else? Wear black or something else?

Myself, I think I would rather my funeral be thought of as a farewell/going away party than a funeral. Like, I think i'd still like it to be in a cathedral, but i would like people to dress up nice as if for a party or dinner, and to chat and laugh among each other. I would like the whole funeral to consist of music and stories and relections on great times we had all had together. I think I may have songs like 'Angel' - Sarah McLachlan (tried + true funeral track i know), 'diabla' (funk d'void's heavenly mix) - funk d'void, maybe a Tool or APC track....

buried i think, but maybe that might change as i get older....and yeah after the funeral at the 'wake' it'd be dj's, dancing, drinking, pilling and all the activities that get people to open up and just laugh and cry and party....

Sounds good....too bad I won't be able to join in :\

So, what's everyone else's ideas?

I dont want a sad funeral (although i'm sure thats kinda inevidable) i want mine in the bush =D (if thats possible) and request everyone to wear wings in my honour and there better be psytrance played and stopming happening at the after party or i will haunt everyone after i'm gone hehehe and pink is a must...everyone must wear or bring something hot pink =D

Grave Promises

I recently lost a friend who had given me,
on paper, eleven wills.

She had told me countless other things she wanted to be done.

But when a sudden death occurs, families step in.
And what you don't want is arguing in a time like that.

My only recommendation to anyone who posts in this
thread and is serious is to get it in writing, and
have your family member promise to carry your
wishes. Cause friends can more often than not be in no
position to stand in.

Especially with bizarre or comically inclined requests.

Sorry, Samy.

Love & Peace To All BLers
UnS

^^ yeah good advice bro, that's a thought....thanks :)

Sorry for your loss too, and the heartache/possible guilt you may hold because of the pressure you had on you. Can't be easy bro.....peace :)

I want my ashes along with my dog's ashes to be put inside a fireworks rocket, and light my rocket up, and shoot to the air and BANG! My ashes spreaded all over Wineglass Bay, near Coles Bay in Tasmania's east coast.

And I will leave a letter for my brother to read out to my family and friends say:

"Dont be fucking stupid, don't bother crying over me, just be happy I have had great life, and I enjoyed the experience, so just get on with your fucking lives..... thanks everyone for loving me.

Have a nice life, I will be watching you from above, and I will catch up with you when your time is up, and I will have a table of wines and plenty of drugs on the table for you....."

Cheers,

Urbie :D

Hurtles

tnargus said:
^^ yeah good advice bro, that's a thought....thanks :)

Sorry for your loss too, and the heartache/possible guilt you may hold because of the pressure you had on you. Can't be easy bro.....peace :)

Thankyou Man.
I really appreciate it.
I guess you get thro these things
but never over them...
Thanks, T.

Peace

UnS

I don't want a funeral at all.. I just want my body to be dumped in the bush somewhere...

Just seems natural, giving something back to the system...

I have only three simple requests i would want honoured after i die:

I want to have anything salvagable salvaged and donated, and then i would want the rest to be cremated, and spread someplace. The specifics would be up to those still living.

(although i guess for nostalgia and practicalities sake it would be nice if it was a scenic location)

i want a funeral that isnt full of relatives Ive never met or have only met at the last wedding/funeral

^^ I'd agree with that one...only people who really knew me, and who I really know.

And in regards to LostPunk 5545, nice one! that's thinking.... :)

I don't care. I'm not really going to be actively involved. Whatever makes my folks happy (well as happy as you can be) would be fine.

I've never really thoght seriously about this before...

But now...I think the only thing for sure that I'd want is my best friends in charge of it. My family don't know me from a bar of soap. I want my friends to be the ones who get to be the ones to decide shit, because they're the ones who actually invested the time in me when I was alive. My family are alarmingly "tradition before all else" and the last thing I want is one of my aunts who never spoke to me while I was alive giving some sob story about how she never knew me as well as she'd have liked. Fuck that..

when my grandma died we didnt have a funeral where we crid and shit because she was gone in the traditional funeral way... we had a celebration of her life, and we looked into all the fantastic things she did for her family and friends and the world, it was such an amazing service and people spoke about the good... and sure i cried but it was good tears in a sad way... so i want everyone to celebrate my life rather than mourn my death...

^^ That seems to be the general concensus hey....celebrate the life rather than mourn the death.....I 100% agree with this point of view....there is no point in mourning i reckon...well, hmm maybe....like if the person is gone too soon perhaps.....but you get my drift....

For those of you who want to turn your funeral into a doof/party - do you think you'll still want that if you die when you're in your 40s? Or 70s? I mean, you may very well, I'm just curious.

The "best" wedding I ever heard of was that of a friend of my Dad's. They had a door prize - everyone had a number taped under their seat and they drew a winner half-way through the service. Then when the coffin was carried out, they played 'See You Later Alligator'. There were other games and things but I can't remember the specifics.

The way I feel about that if I was close family, though, would be that I spent the whole funeral with everyone laughing and having a good time and it'd kind of prevent me from grieving properly. Especially if it was my Dad - I'd spend the whole time crying and everyone else would be smiling, and I'd feel really cheated and angry. That's just me though.

My funeral.. I don't know. I don't want it to be sad, I don't want it to be a party. I just want it to be nice. I want people I loved to say truthful things about the way I lived and I want someone (maybe my daughter?) to sing a favourite song of mine. Nothing elaborate, no parties, just a simple service where people can remember and reflect.

i want my body to be soaked in acid, and if anyone wants to come they will have to lick my dead remains.

this way it wont matter were it is located or what music is playing cause everyone will be tripping!! YAY!!

I have been known for a slightly offbeat take on life, death and the universe, and I believe that my funeral should encapsulate my world view.

At the beginning of the service, my body will be loaded into a cannon outside the place where the service is being held. At the right moment in the service, the cannon will fire, shooting my body through a strategically placed stained glass window and into my coffin. Then throughout the wake, my firing out of the cannon will be played in slo-mo on a widescreen TV to the music of "Air in G" by Bach.

I don't know how fesable this idea is, and I think there's probably a health code against firing corpses from cannons, but I think this service would probably encapsulate my whole life in a scant few seconds.

Originally posted by anna!
The "best" wedding I ever heard of was that of a friend of my Dad's. They had a door prize

wedding, anna? :)

anyway, i'm not entirely sure what i want at my funeral, but i'll definitely be requesting a few weird things to be happening. i'm hoping that i won't be dying for a few more years yet though, so i should have some time to think about it.