Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Musky appearance of pills.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Im not sure if I am just imagining things or if this is just a coincidence.

Every time I get a pill which ends up being full of ketamine it seems to have a musky type appearance irrelevant of what colour it is.

Has anyone else noticed this???

I have never had an MDMA pill with a musky appearance.

What do you mean musky? As a side note a pill shape, color, logo or press give no indication to its contents. I have seen MDMA pills that look poorly pressed and ketamine pills that look close to pharmaceutical quality press. Ketamine itself is the same as any other powder to press into a pill, there is no special property which gives pills this 'musky' quality your talking about.

One day I am gunna start a thread without being torn to shreds.

:p

I understand what you say about size shape etc etc.

The musky look I am referring to is that it sort of looks like a musk stick.......a musk stick is a long sweet that I used to be able to buy in the canteen at school some 25 years ago.

I noticed that someone else used the description in pill reports and also gave an example of how they felt and you Cowboy Mac beat me to the punch and suggested to them that the effects they described suggested that there pill was ketamine.

It reminded me of what I had noticed about my own experiences and hence I wondered if others had noticed the same.

I at no time suggested that this was a definitive method of recognising a ket pill.........simply asked if anyone else had noticed this............simple as that.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the friendly area of Bluelight where people dont jump down your throat everytime u start a thread...........anybody????

Fair dinkum..........this site is superb but could be so much better..........especially the way that Green lighters are treated...........just have a look at half the threads they start..............they are screaming for info............sure they may not know how to search or whatever...........but they will learn...........they so often start there posts with..........Im not sure if I am allowed to ask this or please dont flame me but I need to know..........and then get scared off real quick cos some dufous quick firing mod slams them for not searching or whatever..........if its been discussed before and u are not intyerested then just dont read it...........The best thing you can do is politely answer the persons question and then suggest some extra reading by pointing them in the right direction.

Are you people serious about harm reduction or what.

For heavens sake dont turn newbies off..........help them.........its why they came here to begin with.

I would also like to add that some mods are absolutely brilliant in this department and I have even seen some who offer help and then invite a pm if further info is required.........that is harm minimisation at its best.........someone who gives a damn.

I have also noticed that others are starting to come arround to the idea of being more helpful and less attacking in there nature.........thanks to that person who knows who they are.

Sorry just my rant...........and yes I know I am way off topic.:\

I'll take that second post onboard MazDan... :\

As for the musky appearance, I've never noticed it. I've encountered 2 types of K-based pills, one of which was like wet chalk when crushed (very difficult to deal with) and one of which was crumbly and dusty. Hence I think it's just a coincidence...

:)

MazDan: anyone who knows me knows that I am a strong advocate harm reduction. I didn't flame you, I simply wanted to make sure it was clear to anyone reading who wasn't familiar with drugs that you cannot identify a pills contents based on its look. The last thing I want is someone to read this thread, then go out and buy pills because they don't look musky. The only way to give you a good indication of what is contained within the pill you have is to reagent test it. That is the point I wanted to reiterate.

I don't feel my response was harsh in any way, nor was it intended to be. Unfortunately the answer I gave you was not what you wanted to hear, however it is the truth. You cannot entertain the idea that the contents of the pill correlate in any way with the look of the pill. That is determined by factors including the equipment used, pressure of the press, binders, dyes etc. By the way, greenlighters should read the Greenlighter Guide and they would find this:
In general, there's very little 'flaming' (i.e. harsh words, name-calling, personal insults) on these forums, and usually only with good reason, when someone expresses bad attitude or misrepresents false information as facts. Hints such as "Please use the search function" or similar constructive criticisms may be offered, though.
Not that we aren't happy to help, thats why we still hang around, however [the greenlighters] have to be able to learn to find answers yourself. Most topics have been covered before, and will have more responses and discussion in those threads than if you start your own. It's instant, abundant answers!

Last edited:
I saw pink pills stamped with R R (not the Rolls-Royce logo, just two capital Rs) about 3 weeks ago that looked EXACTLY like musk lollies, large diameter (about 10mm), medium height (about 4mm), flat sided no score no bevels, but a tiny bit more crumbly - they were pink in colour, almost chalky in texture with an unpolished (matte) surface, dusted with light pink powder due to the crumbliness of the pills, and they were strong MDMA.

BigTrancer :)

hmm, ive noticed most MDMA pills are more crumbly and dusty and are quite stinky.

the speed bombs (back in tas!!) were quite hard and often had a slight sheen.

Any trend people notice in the appearance, press, logo or colour of speedbombs, relative to MDMA pills, is purely subjective and is in my opinion a misinterpretation of limited data. We must not allow ourselves to fall into the trap of assuming knowledge of the contents of a pill based on its appearance. Even if every speedbomb you ever had was yellow, and every MDMA pill you ever had was blue (for example), that does not mean you can predict future pills contents based on their colour, and the same goes for textures and general appearance. While my experience with speedbombs is limited, I've seen MDMA pills varying from home-made in appearance and extremely dodgy looking, right through to professional quality hard-pressed polished embossed tablets. Appearance is NO indication of contents.

It's great to discuss differences between pill batches, but please don't trick yourself into thinking that you can identify a pill by the way it looks, because it's impossible to do with any long-term repeatability.

i agree with u BT thats why i said *most* and *often* when referring to the bikkies i'd seen.

tho id have to say all the speed bombs i recall from tassie were like i mentioned, tho i'm not saying that they will all be like that, just the ones i managed to lay my mits on.

Regarding MazDan's second post: You are overreacting. BL is an information resource, not a service. It is not the responsibility of moderators to serve people information on a silver platter, but the responsibility of people to educate themselves by exchanging and discussing factual information and experiences. It's the moderators job to enforce the posting guidelines, which exist to foster constructive on-topic discussion and make the information exchanged easily retrievable in the future -- that's one reason why people are urged to search before they post. The other reason is that during their search for information they will often be exposed to a large number of discussions on related topics; reading through older discussions can answer more questions, which they may be yet to form.

You do not have to register to search the BL drug forums and drug archives, in fact you can search right from Google. There is enough information there on most recreational drugs to keep someone occupied for literally months - it is possible for someone to thoroughly educate themselves about illicit drugs just by reading archived BL posts and never registering an account ... The only reason you need to register as a Greenlighter is to post a NEW THREAD after you have searched the internet and searched the BL forums and not found anything to answer your question... new Greenlighters only get flamed when they show exactly zero etiquette and post without following the BL rules or posting guidelines of the forum, or when they have been too lazy to bother searching and reading a few threads to educate themselves. Sure, they may not realise that a certain topic has been 'done to death' on a particular forum, but seriously, one click of the search button would answer that one, and it says in every single guidelines on just about every BB on the net to search before you post.

We don't want to discourage new members, or fresh discussions, or even people asking questions. Some people get an extremely warm welcome on their first post, because they spend some time reading the forums first to work out what is and what isn't ok to post. That's polite and it gets good results.

bt: couldn't have said it better myself =D
14.gif
14.gif

No probs guys.

I understand you have your own set of guidelines that you mod by and thats fine.

As usual I look at the world from a totally different perspective to everyone else and I just feel that while this site is brilliant in what is done, that it could be achieving so much more.

It serves the old hands excellently..........but they are not the important people from my way of thinking.

I consider the most important people on this forum to be the new guys and gals who have basically no idea of what they are doing.

The older hands who have been arround for a few months or years or decades as the case may be are generally only in here for there own amusement or interest.....cant find the right words..........the new ones are in most cases trying to learn.

My understanding is the site is here primarily to assist in harm reduction.

Consider yourself going to something new..........maybe a new night club...........when u first walk in it is all new to you and it is just to much to take it all in..........even moreso if u are young and all excited about finding others who have a similar interest to you...........you will easily miss the little poster on the wall that says.....please read the rules before entering the club.

It is the same with the greenlighters or many of them.

So you walk into this new club u are visiting and find that all the people are staring at you and u cant work out why...........its then brought to your attention in no uncertain terms that u are not wearing white shoes.

yeah u feel like a dill; but because u were laughed at for not reading the poster down the bottom of the stairs which clearly stated u must have white shoes......u vow never to show your face again.

Once again its the same with many of our greenlighters.

Look Im not trying to start trouble and I really dont want my own thread in the mods only forum.........If you step back and take the time to listen and watch whats happening then you maybe will see that I am trying to make this place even better.

In the meantime, I am sorry for causing any hassles and I will now sneak back to my dog house.

Keep up the good work, I love use all.

LOL...........Ho warsy is this but this is a perfect example of what i am talking about............

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110991&r=3

When u are new to something you just dont see everything that is arround u......your vision becomes tunnelled.

Obviously exactly what has happenned here.

Believe it or not the same applies when u are used to things............any subtl;e changes just pass u by cos u r simply focussed on the area you wish to look at.

cheers all.

Er, I think you're imagining things MazDan. That thread you linked to was obviously in good humor and no moderators posted in it. Keep in mind that the moderators of this site are all VOLUNTEERS and have to fit their support around day jobs and whatnot. They're not paid to answer questions that could be easily answered by searching.

Furthermore, if newbies don't fine what they like here, there are many, many other sites on the net with similar information available. It is not the responsibility of Bluelight moderators to pander to the incompetence of its users.

Your right brother, the thread I linked to was done in good humour and everything went well and I no that no Mods have posted in it...........the point is that a poster has simply missed something that was very easy to see but sometimes people just cant see for looking which is what my point above was............which was an example of some of the problems faced by newbies..

Look it just doesnt matter I guess.

Because it is only my view, it just dont count for much.

Regards the Mods being volunteers......I appreciate that and as I have stated many times I think they do a great job.........its just that this site is to my way of thinking a very important site and could be doing an even better job than what it already is..........thats all.

Take it or leave it...........I couldnt give a pink fart anymore.