Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

RaveSafe article in Ministry Magazine

RaveSafeVIC

Bluelighter
This months issue of Ministry Magazine has an article about RaveSafe and the importance of harm reduction.

It also mentions that you can get useful and accurate drug information at erowid and bluelight.

lastly it states ' while pill testing isn't totally accurate, organisations such as RaveSafe contend it is much safer than not testing. This opinion is backed up by crews like Melbourne's Enlighten, who attend some events snd provide free pill testing facilities. As this isn't 100 per cent legal, its nice to know some people are making sacrifices to make partying safer for everyone.'

:)

...while pill testing isn't totally accurate, organisations such as RaveSafe contend it is much safer than not testing. This opinion is backed up by crews like Melbourne's Enlighten, who attend some events snd provide free pill testing facilities. As this isn't 100 per cent legal, its nice to know some people are making sacrifices to make partying safer for everyone

16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

...highly commendable. It's certainly becoming "unfashionable" to be a user support group and operate any other way. But it takes a state backed group to really make people sit up and take notice. Great Work in succeeding where others had to be content with merely raising awareness, knowing full well such actions would be at their own sacrifice.

Perhaps the final piece in the wall of unacceptance has been chipped away. With continuing support, further chipping will reveal what taking it to the next level can do for society. It will then be in the hands of the good ol' H&S prioritised rule-writers, who through their thoroughness will abolish any idea of returning to the unsafe world we currently live in ;) Hopeful idealism maybe, but something will change sooner or later, I'm sure of it.

great work ravesafe
14.gif
14.gif
and thanks for giving enlighten a plug :)

Last edited:
Was really quite a good article. It was also encouraging to see a local promoter getting right behind harm reduction message, good on you Garth.

Now if we could just get mainstream press to write such lovely articles then we'll be set.

outstanding! great work, hopefully such a mag will successfully convey the HM message to a group of people that otherwise might not find such information.

I find it surprising that the "Ministry" machine has connected itself in any way to "drugs" even if it is from a HR perspective.

Pleasantly surprising though... maybe we are starting to see a bit of movement in the right direction.

I finally got to read the mag. Fab job everyone. It was nice to see we northerners also got a wee mention.

Last edited:
Choomblia said:
I find it surprising that the "Ministry" machine has connected itself in any way to "drugs" even if it is from a HR perspective.
Ministry has always had drug articles, but this is a massive leap forward from the issue where they recommended taking GHB in a pot of beer to counteract the taste :\

I'm glad to hear it as every drug related article I've read/heard of from Ministry previously was objectionable.

:)