Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New Years Resolutions

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
I just archived this thread and couldn't help but be curious.

Who kept their new years resolution from last year? If not, how long did it take you to break it? What's your new years resolution this year?

Once again, I refuse to make a new years resolution because i know if i do i'll only break it. =D

I am with you PsychoKitty, I don't make any new years resolutions because I always seem to break them. I think a few years ago, I made the resolution of quiting smoking, I think it lasted for a few days and that was it, now I don't even bother because I know I never stick to it anyway!!!! ;)

My new years resoloutions always seem to get stored in a part of my brain that gets destroyed due to the alcohol consumption of New Years.

I should start writing them down :)

From last year..

- sort out differences with in-laws
- be a good mum
- end 2003 as close to debt-free as possible
- use more fresh ingredients
- wash my hair more often

Sorted out differences with in-laws like a week after I posted that.

I like to think I'm a good mum!

Have consolidated most debts.

Am using more fresh ingredients.

Don't wash hair often, though.

I did pretty well!

well i still havent quit smoking and didnt really go to the gym much and still havent got my licence ...fark im hopeless

although i did cut down my pill intake and replaced it with magor acid consumption hahaha

next years resolutions

*quit smoking
*exersise more
*loose more weight
*get licence
*learn to mix

get over my nerves about driving, learn, and get a fucking license (i'm nearly 19)

sorted - got it in august :)

learn either the guitar or drums

nope, but i bought some decks and have been slowly learning them, so that's effectively the same.

stop eating shit food (i'm starting with no more mcdonalds this week actually)

yep, still haven't eaten mcdonald's once since then. and my diet has improved a little in general too.

write more

got some stuff published :)

get a job that won't stress me out so much (lol, get a job...i just quit actually)

just started some bar-work in town - yet to see if it will be less stressful, but it's a start!!

do some practical things in relation to a career

writing, as above...

get a fucking girlfriend (well, i tried this in the last year too, but it didn't work!)

nope, but i'm planning on having one in the next couple of weeks (she's at schoolies...i like 'em young i guess ;))

shit, i did well - six out of seven achieved, and the last one should be done by the end of the year.

/me pats himself on the back :D

^^ Nice one bro......

Umm, i don't think i've ever made NYR's before....maybe a silent thought to myself to quit smoking, but never did...:\

This year....k:

- Get a freeking job
- Get rid of debt (which happens to be the size of a small country)
- Buy new computer, Logic Platinum and Roland, and become the next BK
- Stop kissing friends when drunk (girls obviously)

There ya go....

Hm, the only thing I can think of was to stop littering.
I was never like a compulsive litterer or anything but it's honestly harder than u think.
Things such as taking my rubbish with me when I leave the cinemas and stuff.
And now I can say that (although I didn't do much littering before, as I said) I very rarely litter and I made this NYR a couple of years ago.
I'll try and think of some.. maybe next time i'm pickled.. and then i'll write then don as to not lose then in the MOMENT!
=D

Last years thread....

Career-wise, Ive acheived alot this year, so hoping to capitalise on that in the new year.

Yeah, I've come a fair way this year, but the path I'm on at present I don't think is something I want to do long term. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that perhaps I'm just a person who cannot settle.

As always, going to the gym more is on the list.

I somehow dropped a whole heap of weight after I stopped going to the gym for a while this year haha. But the last few months I've been more consistent and I've really noticed a difference in my fitness levels which is what I was concerned with.

Save more money.

I probably haven't saved as much as I could've this year and haven't even bothered to set up some kind of budget, but I guess I've done better than in previous years.

Get out of the bluelight singles thread

I left, now I'm back :\

Meet more of you guys.

I've pretty much met most of the BLs I wanted to meet this year and a few have gone on to become quite good friends. Actually, the BL snow trip in Sept was probably one of the highlights of my year :)

Start writing again, keep my journal up to date.

Both done... I don't know that what I write is all that outstanding, but it's good to use as a creative outlet.

*~*~*~*~

To next year... I dunno... maybe work out what the hell I want to do with my life... that's not too much to ask hey?!?

;)

This is me from last year:
My New Year's Resolutions are to:
* Lose weight s'more, which I've done a bit of this year but not as much as I was hoping...
* Move out of the flat I'm sharing with my ultra-conservative flatmate and go live with a buncha damn hippies for a while, and
* Join Guns 'N' Roses.
I figure 2 outta 3 ain't bad...and I can always lose weight in 2004 anyways. ;oP
HAPPY NOO YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Didn't really lose more weight in noticeable levels, but I did maintain the weight loss I'd already done, so happy about that...

Moved away from the Young Liberal and in with the Speed Freak, and things went surprisingly horribly downhill from there, so I guess the lesson there is "careful what you wish for". Still, living situation now is da bomb and my life seems to be all sorted out, so it's all good. :)

And dammit, nobody told me Guns 'N' Roses weren't around anymore....how am I supposed to join a band that doesn't exist? Next year I'm going for Indecent Obsession....

--President Raz--

Firstly, thank-you Oceanboy for writing Krsna. :D ~Huggz~

Secondly, MY New Years Resolution...
1/ To get in control of my finances, and stop living to my current paycheck.
We all do this - well, everyone I know anyway. :\ No matter how much we earn, it always flitters away, every week..and you have nothing more to show for it than the times you earnt more / paid less for thing's.

2/ Stop eating carbs. Or at least cut down.
I've found them to make up a huge majority of my diet.

That is all. :)

Ok, mine was not to be lazy - and I am still pretty lazy. Damn, I should have been a sloth. But I dont think I am AS lazy as this time last year so it is improving.

My resolution for the new year (starting from now though) is to be more affectionate...=D

Don't make New Years resolutions - then you don't have to break them

^^^ very true!
So, I rephrase saying that I am making myself more affectionate, slowly, but surely! And it will happen, it's happening as we speak :p

last years resolution was to get through 3rd year uni and i did that!!
so next year is the same deal - so by this time next year i want to have both of my degrees finished. i cant wait only one more year to go!!!!

Mine NYR is to avoid exceeding the speed limit. Although it may be forced upon me for 2004. :X

*Save up some money
At various times through the year I've saved up a bit of money, but I've had to spend it for various reasons, just started up a ING savings maximiser, and I've got a money tin which I put all of my spare change in, you would be surprised at how much money you can get out of spare change....

*try to quit smoking (again)
I didn't even bother trying..... I want to quit when I feel like it, not when somebody else wants me to.

*figure out exactly what i'm doing with myself, and fix any problems or issues that I may be having instead of saying oh that can wait a bit longer.
Getting there

*continue to go down the merry path i'm on atm
Still going down that road. :)

*actually go overseas this year, or at least book my plane ticket!!!
I went to London and Paris. :)

*get my stall started!!
Ok so that didn't happen, made a few dollars out of a couple of people though, with some stuff I've made.

Overall not too bad, now for the next set of Resolutions.
keep saving money
book another trip overseas
Stop being so lazy when I have free time, get off my ass and go see some people!