Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

**** Melb EARTHCORE review thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunny

Bluelighter
Well kids considering EC has been going for two days now and some people may be heading back soon I thought I'd start this one so you can tell all of us plebs who couldn't make it.

Just wanted to say I hope everyone drives safe, parties safe and has a good time, making it back safe and sound. Bush doofs always bring back a number of mixed emotions so I just wish everyone a safe journey so they can tell us all the freaky, funky and funny stories that happen while getting back to nature.

:)

I also hope everyone had a safe trip home, I was travelling around that area today and it was a bitch.. so windy! Hehehehe cant wait to read all of your reviews!! yay!!

tickets - $$$, misc - $$$$$,

good friends, fireworks from hell, Infected shredding the wicked pulse cycles while i was making entity contact, then - watching Simon up close and personal playing the morning set in the rain with the Mushroom next to him, the Sun came up with lightning background props....the closing set in the heat, Simon remixing Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Younger Bro - and that part where the crowd completely loses it and all the shitty attitudes drop away and everyone just knows - the best part of Earthcore - fucking Priceless.

best morning / day set ever. what else is left? think i'll retire now....and i got Simon on DV.....hheh. imnsho, the best music maker on this planet.

Last edited:
From Luke, Rohan and myself - we had an absolute ball. Start to finish, every step, every stage - it was all fantastic :)

Couldnt possibly summarise the 5,000 things that made this event a wonderful 2 days, suffice to say thanks to everyone that contributed.

wow and wow and mother fucking wow!!!!!!!!!

i had the most spiritual uplifting experience during feci and ponsford, with the rain coming down and an amazing energy in the air, truly magical.

too much happened to write about but it was all amazing, loved lying in the shallows of the river ** Please do not put drug use in reviews - wazza**, definiatly a highlight :)

peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Had fun hanging out with my friends (and talking to various people I saw at E/C!), enjoyed Siaqua Infected Mushroom's set except I left shortly before the 'infamous rain/storm happened' as I was extremely tired and needed sleep/rest. The music was way way way loud where we were camped so I couldn't sleep anyway plus also listening to many car alarms get set off by the bass thumping (mine included) did bring a chuckle to myself though. One big positive was how the toilets seemed to be well kept. Even on Sunday morning, the cubicle I used was very very clean (big thumbs up for that!)

Can't say I enjoyed much else though, it was basically a night club brought into the forest and did not have much of a doof feel to it at all. It seems Earthcore are catering for the club crowd more than the doof crowd in my opinion which well, I like to goto doofs for the doof environment and goto clubs for club environment. I did enjoy listening to everything from my campsite after Infected until I finally dozed off. At least the most positive thing I can say from that is that I won't be subjecting myself to it again, have many other real doofs to attend for enjoyment. Also being told that 'a little' BYO will be looked over and forced to give up a measly 6 beers because I felt like a drink before the bar was even open helped make the event feel worse. The security told me I could pick them up on the way out when I left. Considering there was no one at the gate to even ask about the beers when we left Sunday afternoon, I think that was total bullshit. Glad I didn't actually pay for those beers, hope the security enjoyed those beers or else it would have been a waste.

I also hope the many fuckwits that boasted not sleeping for days and drive home 2-3 hrs after the event didn't have any accidents.

Major shout-outs to Doon (Camp FOB rocked! hehe), babydoc + Mr Suave Babydoc!, Emma and to all the other 'usuals' at doofs I hang out with, you guys ROCK :) Many many laughs with you guys as per usual...

Last edited:
I couldn't sleep properly Friday night, so by Saturday I was exhausted. I was pissed that once the stages shut down on Friday, various people felt the need to play their stereos.:X The heat sapped any energy I might have mustered. Sleep deprivation plus copious quantities of dust made me sick and my voice gave out.:( That meant unfortunately I couldn't talk to people as much as I would have liked. It was great though to catch up with people - way too many too name - and to meet some new people too.

I enjoyed Siaqua's set very much. Danced my arse off in fact. :)Later we wandered around trying to find something interesting to watch. That's when we discovered some friends with bean bags in the main stage area (yay for Soma!) and spent a while relaxing, listening to Infected Mushroom and watching the lasers through the dust and the rain. When the rain got harder and the storm started, we decided we couldn't face getting rained out and packed up to go home at 6:30am. I was disappointed I missed James Holden (again) as he was one of the few people I was looking forward to seeing. I was also disappointed I didn't get a chance to say good bye to people. But by that point I was too exhausted to keep going. Right now I'm still sick:(

How bad was the storm? I noticed at least 2 people getting taken away by ambulance on Saturday - I hope they are OK. I can't help thinking how the heat plus three days of partying was a recipe for casualties. Not to mention that trecherous entry and exit track.

Last edited:
Well........... I had lots of fun, enjoyed Siaqua - I hadn't seen them since EC2002, they have come a long way in 12 months! I had to leave their set after 45-50 mins as the dust was too much.

We were fortunate enough to camp far enough away that we could barely hear any music or car alarms which was good.

Enjoyed the fireworks from a distance, as well as Infected Mushroom, taking a break just before the storm, enjoying the experience from our camp & also getting some sleep before finally leaving quite late Sunday arvo.

Big shout outs to the people I caught up with, to the ones I didn't - "NEXT TIME"

To the people I travelled up & camped with - all of you went up for the right reasons and know how to have fun! Thanks for a memorable weekend.......

PS: ZOLTAN

Who had an awesome time!!!!!!

*rubs her head*

Ill post a review in a few days when my heads cleared.

Big shout outs to all the people that showed quite a lot of intelligence when packing for this one as well - the crowd all seemed to be there and at least semi equipped - the environment was amazingly hostile if you werent careful.

im incredibly scattered, so a review will have to wait.. however, for now all i can say is - THANK GOD FOR THE RIVER!

I had a fantastic time, apart from the grass seeds in my socks.
Still headfucked, maybe write more later..

Highlights almost seeing the labyrinth
Hanging round wicked people
Dancing with 2 girls in particular, in a very cool frame of mind
Infected Mushroom
Hallucinogen (again spelling)
Fractal Glider

Downsides

Hurt my ankle before coming
Got Sun burnt (I did use heaps of sunscreen and shade)
Shouldn't of done the whole weekend in bare feet because now they are dried and cracked (but it will only make them stronger)
When I got home I was that tired I left an esky with my bag of clothes with a brand new top brand, new 3/4's, a T shirt someone gave me for my birthday in the driveway and someone has stolen it.

Luckily the good out ways the bad.

I don't see why the size of the party ruined it. I found it highly entertaining walking from one end to the other. And found it highly enjoyable to spin some Candy people right out. But yeah car stereos can be terrible when trying to sleep. I heard Gaba hardcore Happy Hardcore and some other stuff as well

There was only 1 person I didn't enjoy talking too because he munched huge amounts of pills and he could'nt talk properly.

Best earthcore I've ever been too! It was almost at Rainbow Serpent standards, and that's saying something. I lost my shoes though... :( Found one near the main stage but be buggered if I could find the other one. I had a big blank patch just as Nu-Breed started and came to in the bar being nursed by a friend and wearing only my socks. Musta been a wild time ;)

I also lost a blue Globe hat that has alot of sentimental value (it was a gift) so just on the off chance anyone found it send me a PM! 8o ;)

The only real downer was that one of my friends had a bad motorbike accident on the way up and ended up in hospital with a broken arm and leg :( :( :( I'm just thankful he didn't have any head trauma.

The biggest highlight for me was whoever played the hip-hop set before nu-breed, although that was the last thing I really remember.

was super fun. nice site, shame about the dust, although the rain took care of that. :) pretty nice setup...was a bit shite cos we had to camp about 800m from the stages to get away from the noise, but it was cool having all the stages so close. river was farkin excellent...spent muchos time in there. avoided sunburn and cooked up some super food...so all was good.

then came saturday night. :D due to sleeping commitments i only scheduled myself to see siaqua, djfood, nubreed, infected, posford1, holden, posford2.

all of the above fuckin cranked...except for nubreed. who somehow sucked big time. a lot to do with the level me thinks, sound was fucked for the first half an hour...but once it was fixed they weren't that good :\ shame cos i was looking forward to them after not seeing them for 18 months. was lying in bed half asleep listening to disko pussy's set as well...sounded fucking unreal..wish i'd been down boogying to that one

infected were fucking unreal. i realised this when i was practically moshing and going ultra sick up the front of main stage only 15 minutes after draggin my ass outta my comfy bed at 4:30am after 4 hours sleep 8o deeply disturbed got everyone rocking and then they just didn't let up. cool to hear bust a move, PGM and a few other old tracks in there. nice of god to cooperate too with the rain and flashes of lightning in perfect timing.

caught the first half of posford's hallucinogen set. super phat, and unreal to hear the man play his tracks. but a bit too full on for 7am so back to bed.

holden was somewhat super phat. he played a super predictable set, and at times mixed it realllly badly. But it didn't really matter, everyone was loving the morning music and i don't think anyone really gave a fuck when he completely mis-cued 2 months off 8o

but yeah...the best time all weekend was had with all my friends :) espeically browny doing standup while tripping the proverbial sphere. ;)

Goddamn that was a fun weekend.

1234: when I was shouting at my sister "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? SPEAK ENGLISH FOR FUCKS SAKE"... don't worry, I wasn't really angry. I'd just gone a little loopy. :\

It was awesome camping with you guys, hope you enjoyed my $1.10 (plus GST) hookers, thank you for not losing my torch and other stuff. Big fun, can't wait to do it again.

Shouts to doon, SDB, schizo and doofqueen who I saw. =D

how amazing was the energy in the air during infected and ponsford, when the rain started coming down lightly and the thunder was banging and infected's set got about 4 times phatter! mmmmmm bust a move 8o

Status
Not open for further replies.