Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM after MDMA?

evandar

Bluelighter
I'm going to this brisbane event on saturday where I intend to be dancing, listening to music and being bent off my face on pills.

I have searched erowid, other drug forums, the third plateau and I've read many faqs and there is -little- to -no- information about combining MDMA with DXM, infact the only place where I have seen warnings against mixing DXM with MDMA is on the bluelight drug faqs.. (somone should send it in to erowid) - or perhaps my research skills are lacking.

My question is - is it okay for me do down one of those 15mg bottles of cough syrup (dxm only ingredient of course) at the recovery at a friends house a few hours after the event ends? -

What I'm really asking is "How long after I take MDMA is it safe for me to take DXM?" I've heard of seratonin syndrome but I've also heard its very rare for people to die from it..

Can anyone help me?

I've seen people do this, and feel excessively unpleasant and unwell that next day. Instead of having a good recovery, it was a non-enjoyable recovery.

I'd suggest against it. Unfortunately, I can't give you any facts on how long afterwards it's safe.

I'll just drop some more then, and avoid the cough syrup :)
Thanks dante

But if anyone can help with the questions it would be appreciated

Are you sure you can't find anything about why it's bad to mix DXM and MDMA? There's heaps of info here and at Erowid. I'd suggest reading William White's DXM FAQ which is hosted at Erowid.

The short story is that:

a. MDMA and DXM are both metabolised (in part) by the enzyme P450 2D6 in the liver. So they compete, leading to extended duration and increased effects of both drugs, which can be very unpleasant beyond a certain point.

b. DXM inhibits sweating, and the increase in body temperature from the MDMA and DXM synergy can lead to hyperthermia and dehydration.

c. The dehydration caused by DXM and MDMA leads to hangovers which are awesome in both their severity and discomfort.

BigTrancer :)

---------------------
[Edit: Reference]
William White's DXM FAQ - Sec. 4.16.1: Fatal or Dangerous Interactions

Last edited: