Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What kinda drug is ketamine??

new_piller

Bluelighter
Alright,

Sorry for not doing a search, as i dont have much time!!

I have some friends going to the USA for work on Sunday, and they'll be drug tested!!

They have taken enough breaks to be clean of everything!!! But are considering taking Ketamine on friday night!! We all know the easiest thing for them to do, would be not to take ketamine but if they do, does it fall into any of the following catergories??

Urine Test;

Amphetamines: 3-5 days
Barbituates: 2-12 days
Benzodiazepines: 1-42 days
Cannabis (single use): 1-3 days
Cannabis (regular use): 12-60 days
Cocaine: 4-5 days
Codeine/Morphine: 2-4 days
Heroin: 1-4 days
PCP: 2-10 days

I thought, maybe coz its a tranquilser, it wouldnt?!?!

But I thought the friendly people at BL would be able to help me out!!

Thanks in advanced :)

I'm no expert at this, but i'm pretty sure ket will come up on the test... if it were me, i probably wouldn't risk it. But once again, i'm no expert ;) Hopefully, someone can proove me wrong and your friends can have a good time on friday :)

IM sure ketamine will only be able to be tested for like 3-7 hours after using it. I don't have time to look this up but Im sure they will be safe.

*edit* Just got back from lunch. According to http://www.ohsinc.com/how_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system.htm , the result is: Ketamine (K, Kit Kat, Special K, Vitamin K), 2-4 days

Alcohol (Beer, Booze, Hooch, Liquor, Wine), 1hour to perhaps 10 or 12 hours (Yes, alcohol IS a drug! Drinking more than "in moderation" can lead to alcohol (drug) abuse...and perhaps alcoholism. During 2002, more than 18,000 people in the U.S. were killed by too-boozed-up drunk drivers!)

Amphetamines (Biphetamine, Black Beauties, Crosses, Dexedrine, Hearts), 1-2 days

Anabolic steroids (Stanzolol, Stanazolol, Nandrolene; Steroids, Roids, Juice), oral- up to 3 weeks; injected- up to 3-6 months and more

Barbituates (Amytal, Nembutal, Seconal, Phenobarbital; Barbs), 2-3 days

Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), 2-3 days

Cocaine (Candy, Coke, Crack, Flake, Rocks, Snow, Whitecoat), (Candy, Coke, Crack, Flake, Rocks, Snow, Whitecoat), 1-2 days

Codeine (e.g., Fiorinal w/codeine, Robitussin A-C, Empirin w/codeine, Tylenol w/codeine, 1-2 days

GHB (G, Grievous Bodily Harm, Goob, Liquid Ecstasy, Liquid X), 1-2 days

Heroin (Horse, Smack), 1-2 days

Inhalents, just a few hours

Ketamine (K, Kit Kat, Special K, Vitamin K), 2-4 days

LSD (Acid, Blotter, Microdot, Yellow sunshine), a few hours or up to 5 days

Marijuana (Blunt, Grass, Herb, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Smoke, Weed), 2-5 days (the daily, heavy user can sometimes be detected up to 30+ days)

MDMA (Ecstasy), 1-5 days

Methadone, 1-7 days

Methamphetamines (Crank, Crystal, Desoxyn, Glass, Ice, Speed), 2-4 days

Methaqualone (Ludes, Quaaludes), 10-15 days

Nicotine (Cigarettes, Cigars, Habitrol patch, Nicorette gum, Nicotrol spray, Prostep patch; Smokeless tobacco, Snuff, Spit tobacco), 1-2 days

Opiates (i.e., Opium: China, Dreams, Laudanum, Paregoric; Dover's Powder), 1-2 days

Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percolone, Roxicodone), 1-2 days

PCP (Angel Dust, Boat, Hog, Love Boat), 1-8 days

For chronic drug users, drugs (other than alcohol) can be retained in the system much longer by the chronic-user after their last use. For instance, marijuana and PCP can be detected for up to 60 days after lengthy, heavy-use periods.

anyone care to comment especially in regards to Ketamine, I swear I've read it was only detectable for a few hours after use...

Last edited:
Ketamine is often regarded as being a close relation to PCP. As they are both disassociatives, this is true in a sense although there are major chemical, and structural differences between the two. A major variable which needs to be considered when facing a urine/blood/saliva test is:

Does the test involve an immungen, antibody or enzyme based assessment, where the labeling compound binds to a common part of both molecules?

This would present the possibility of a false positive result for PCP 8(

Check out the similarities between the structure of PCP and Ketamine at Erowid

Also check out Erowid for Ketamine and Drug Tests

I have several issues with this thread, and I am about to note them down one by one.

Sorry for not doing a search, as i dont have much time!!
It takes less than 1 minute to click search at the top of the page, type in a search term, and browse a few quick results. I timed myself using a 56k modem and it took less than 3 minutes to load Erowid's webpage (www.erowid.org)and locate the Ketamine Vault. The second link on the Ketamine page (just under General Ketamine Info) leads to an article called Ketamine and Drug Testing which pretty obviously contains the answer to your question. The article details whether Ketamine is tested for in 'standard' drugs testing methods used in the USA and the length of detectability in urine with K-specific tests.

The information was probably located in less time than it actually took you to write this post, and certainly in quicker time than it took the first reply to arrive in your thread. Please search in future, the answers are there, and it's MUCH quicker to serve the information to yourself than to post here saying you can't be bothered/don't have time for searching and just waiting for an answer.

I have some friends going to the USA for work on Sunday, and they'll be drug tested!!
They WILL be drug tested. You said it. They should really carefully think about this.

They have taken enough breaks to be clean of everything!!! But are considering taking Ketamine on friday night!! We all know the easiest thing for them to do, would be not to take ketamine but if they do, does it fall into any of the following catergories??
If they WILL be drug tested, at their place of employment in a foreign country, don't you think it would be intelligent to avoid drugs this weekend? You're talking about prioritising a 45min K-buzz over what sounds like a worthwhile career.

IMO they should really consider whether it's necessary to expose themselves to the possibility of failure in this case. While the link I supplied above says that K isn't tested for in USA standard drug testing, they should be very careful in a situation where they're high on K that they don't accidentally have a few puffs on someone's spliff, or take any other drugs inadvertently that will be tested for next weekend.

BigTrancer :)