Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police Raid Sydney Clubs

riser`

Bluelighter
I am really not looking forward to the day this reaches Perth and I am sur that it will happen. Is there nothing that police will not do even though they barely got any results? Can people not sue the police for unlawful detainment or something. This article is about police raiding Sydney clubs.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/oct2001/raid-o25.shtml

A police spokesman claimed the raid had been a major blow against drug trafficking in NSW. However, the police dragnet resulted in the charging of just 18 people—14 of these on minor drug possession charges. Of the four people arrested for drug trafficking, one was found to have two ecstasy tablets. A further nine people were cautioned over minor cannabis offences.

^^ getting charged with trafficking for only having 2 pills?!?! hmmmm =/

The person who had 2 pills on them might have had signs of intent to/past drug trafficking (or of course actually busted selling drugs to someone), such as a lot of baggies, wads of cash, notebook with 'tick' owed and stuff.

riser` said:
I am really not looking forward to the day this reaches Perth and I am sur that it will happen.
I doubt this kind of fascist crap will bleed out of NSW.
It's largely a result of Bob Carr being held to ransom by those fuckhead radio shockjocks who have a lot of voter pull in the community.
They start a scare campaign in their usual sensationalistic lowest-common-denominator type way and the community (or at least the stupid people in the community) believe it.
Shows why it never pays to underestimate the power of the media, and right wing nutjobs.

It's a public relations victory more than anything else. It's got fuck all to do with drugs.

To ensure maximum publicity, police tipped off the media, which filmed and photographed the proceedings.

:\

Nice post SteveElektro! My thoughts exactly.

When will our police realize that we would be so much more impressed by real police-work, catching real drug traffickers, than publicity stunts like this that serve no one but the commercial television news teams?

I hope you are right SteveElektro but I am less optimistic than you. Don't you think other politicians will follow suit if Carr gets the kudos he wants from this PR exercise. In Melbourne we have our own talkback wankers that could easily take the NSW approach if it means an increase in ratings. And once they decide it is an issue, the public (stupid sheep that they are) will follow and the politicians will do what they always do - pretend to give a fuck. :(

I think poli's like that exist in every state. Just trying to do the best thing for the community they reckon. Pity they are usually the uneducated wankers when it comes to drugs and don't realise there are much safer ways they could control drugs, with a bit a bit thought and half a brain, these guys could actually be dangerous!

Um, the dateline on this was October 2001! Not that similar things haven't happened in the intervening period (and this would've been in the election leadup, no?) but I wouldn't call it intensify....

quiet roar said:
I hope you are right SteveElektro but I am less optimistic than you. Don't you think other politicians will follow suit if Carr gets the kudos he wants from this PR exercise. In Melbourne we have our own talkback wankers that could easily take the NSW approach if it means an increase in ratings. :(
But in Melbourne, no one listens to talkback radio wankers, let alone takes them seriously. That's ground walked mainly by our Sydney fiends ;)

Groovstar: try the link in my post, it leads to a thread on BL from around that time with some details of a large club raid. (Remember: this article (linked in the first post) is over *2* years old now, these are NOT new raids).

BigTrancer :)

Last edited: