Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

all good things...

vurtomatic

Bluelight Crew
i thought this would be an easy thing to write and get it over with, but it's turning out harder than i thought, so please bear with me if i ramble a bit.

i took on the moderator position from people like tarsarlan and pleonastic. people i look up to within this community and they have always been my benchmark when it comes to performing my own duties. with this in mind, it was with trepidation that i became a moderator, somewhat of a dubious honour.

i first registered on bluelight to post in the music forum. that's where i became a bluelighter. im hardly an authority on drugs as much as i enjoy consuming them and reading up on bluelight and erowid. so the drug forums werent the focus when i came onto bluelight, the music forum was. and i think, that's the beauty of bluelight to me, as a community. as much as it is about harm minimisation, i can just as confidently say, it is nothing about drugs. even now, two and a half years later, i find myself visiting words most regularly. all these myriad individuals who thought they came here to find information, found somethign else instead: a vibrant, evolving, growing, changing community of ideas, thoughts, opinions, discussions, love, acceptance, and assraping, no less.

i wouldnt be able to pin down what i got from bluelight, nothing i could easily measure and spit out in an equation. just as i do know bluelight has enriched a phase of my life and i am very happy and poud to look back on this period and talk about bluelight and her people.

i believe in bluelight, i believe in her mission.

when i became a moderator, it felt like a chance to be more involved in this community, even if i was not actively part of the mission, it was satisfying to know i have become a gear in this machine. it was my insignificant way of returning to bluelight what i had received.

i remember the late night chat sessions we'd have on irc, discussing the latest bunch of users, bitching about some idiot, discussing plans for social and what not. from entering bluelight on the fringe, finding something unexpected, believing in bluelight's mission, to finally being a part of it.

some of us are often accused of taking this too seriously, this being an internet forum, ofcourse. it is as silly as saying, im not taking this phone conversation seriously because im talking on a cellular phone and my voice is dissipating into the air. i can only say that, this internet forum exists as an interface to all the individual, very feeling, very real, human beings that are bluelight. frustrations abound, because we seem to take this, and our jobs, too seriously.

so this has been some time coming, in fact, this is rather late. i havent been contributing or shaping the forum as much as i believe i should, and im honestly quite out of touch with the people who are using this forum on a daily basis. rather than hold on to a position as a figurehead now that there're new blood to run the show, people who are more in tuned with the current crop of users, it's time for me to step down as moderator of aus social.

jakoz, kitty, babu, tarsarlan, pleonastic, haste, catch-22, nezo, some of you whom i've worked with, some of you who have adviced me, thank you.

to all the people i've met thanks to bluelight, or who've somehow walked beside me for a while, thank you.

24.gif

vurtomatic said:
that's the beauty of bluelight to me, as a community. as much as it is about harm minimisation, i can just as confidently say, it is nothing about drugs. even now, two and a half years later, i find myself visiting words most regularly. all these myriad individuals who thought they came here to find information, found somethign else instead: a vibrant, evolving, growing, changing community of ideas, thoughts, opinions, discussions, love, acceptance, and assraping, no less.

...I don't think I've ever heard that better said...well the part about assraping didn't really warm the cockles of my heart, but everything else did. :)

I'll leave the hugs and outpouring of affection and whatever else to people who actually know you, but there was one other thing you said that I wanted to respond to...I don't know that anything you've done has been insignificant here. I've always assumed you guys must have a hella-lot of work to do keeping this place running as smoothly as it does at times.

Good luck with everything dude. :)

--Raz--

words aren't enough to describe how much you and each of the mods that have stepped down have done for this forum.

you will be missed

24.gif

Time for a final Mod ROLLCALL then!!! :)

Love your work man. :)

DJC*

!present

man i miss late night irc... look at us all, we went out and got responsible with work and study (sometimes both) and life. :)

Top job vurt, and thanks for the kind words. I know you were hesitant about the role at first, but I can honestly say you made one of the better mods bluelight has had. It's probably because of your hesitance that you did so well - you thought about your decisions and tried always to make as few waves as possible. Modding isn't just about locking and moving threads, it's about keeping the peace and maintaining some form of control. But mostly it's about setting an example for others to follow - which you always did, and did well.

Make sure to stick around - from my experience as soon as I freed myself from the obligation to check the board, I felt I wanted to check it even more. The guilt of not doing enough (which I think all of the bluelight staff can identify with) was gone, and I got back to just enjoying what the board was. And to me, you've summed up exactly what bluelight is all about. :)

he'll be back...as moderator of the Bluelight hentai forum which I hear is in the wings.

But till then - thanks Vurt..great job mate.

Vurt - alongside Big Trancer, Johnboy, Pleonastic, Jakoz and Tarsarlan your name will now be etched down as legend of bluelight. Your ability to moderate in a fair and open minded fashion is truelly unique, and even in times of dispute you handled every situation with the uttmost maturity. Your passion for bluelight and the progression of social is second to none.

You will be missed beyond words :(

Well done and thank you for all your time :)

thats a blow, you were a great moderator.:(

thanks for all your good work:)

glad to see u posted this after last nights convo hun *hugs*

ur work and effort in bluelight not only in aus soc but also ur contribution into the words forum has been widely open and recieved and u r nothing short of a kind and amazing and lovin guy.

i am honoured to of met you through bluelight and i know that our friendship will continue to grow.

love you as always babe

<3

good stuff dude...

u've done well...

(hey.. its not usual for anyone to get a compliment from me, so u have done a great job as a mod.. :D )

Nice work Vurts McGurts.

Can I call you that? I think it's catchy :p

Seriously though, you've definitely been one of the better mods I've seen around the place, and that's something which deserves some respect, even from a jaded fuck like me.

Cheers :)

It will be sad to see you go.

Thanks, and good luck with whatever you're going to be doing now. :)

a trully sad day. farewell vurt, as kat said, you done good. better than anyone expected, and maybe better than a lot of us deserved. thank you for your effort and for caring.