Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

coming back down to earth with a thud..

muzby

Bluelighter
fuck life can be weird... real weird...

after having a mad couple of months, partying hard, making some great new friends and making existing ones better, buying a nice brand new house, then getting a kickass promotion...

i then find out my dad goes into hospital on monday for some really difficult heart surgery where they have to stop his heart to operate on it... and 1 in 10 ppl die from the operation..... :(

obviously there are 9/10 people who survive, but that is still a very scary thought to deal with...

and the worst part is that dad has resigned himself to being the 1 out of 10 that dies.... which rubs off on everyone else around us..

i spose, its not just the fact that i could lose a dad, its the fact that it makes me deal with my own mortality... why, u ask? well, my grandfather died of a heart attack, aged 75, dad is 55 and if he doesnt have this surgery, wont live another year, so it makes me really worry about myself...

but hey, i believe in re-incarnation, so death cant be all that scary... :)

but yeah, dont know why i wrote this... not looking for support... not looking for *hugz* or anything like that... just needed to get it out...

thanx for listening... :)

If nothing else can comfort you, good friends can. They help you through the worst of times, I hope everything turns out ok dude.

Your dad is young (the medical profession considers anyone under 70 young, trust me, because physically that age group are generally healthy and have good quality of life) and statistically speaking, has a good chance of recovering well. I think you'll find that the 1/10 who don't make it are a lot of the time fairly frail and a lot older anyway.

That said, I can understand you being worried, he is your dad after all and all medical treatment carries risks.

Its weird when your parents get sick - they seem so strong and capable and spend their lives looking after you and then they get sick, seem so vulnerable and start relying on their kids. Its also fairly reasonable that people start worrying about genetic/familial risks being passed down to them. I guess your dad is also trying to cope with it in his own way and that is to expect the worst so he can deal with whatever comes up.

Lots of positive thoughts to your dad. Hope everything goes well.

muzby - I'm sorry to hear it dude :( - my thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you and your family.

I hope all goes well :)

Poor you..I'm so sorry to hear that.
Life tends to throw thing's like that at you when you are least prepared.

If anything, you may be able to look back at this time some day and appreciate what it teaches you.

Good luck, and hang in there. I'm thinking of you. :(

It's not death that's scary, it's loss, and it's totally understandable that you'd be worried about that. Lots of happy thoughts for your dad, muzby...like you said, 9 out of 10 people come through so he's got a really good chance. :)

Ummm it's wednesday.....did it go ok?

I'm scared to ask :(

I hope so mate.....I can't imagine what you + your fam are goin thru.....

thanks tnargus.. :)

yeah.. things went good... he's ok... still in intensive care though...

lucky bugger gets to sleep all day and be on as much morphine as he wants....

but a bit of a worry when the operation was on.... every time the phone rang i was sooo fucking scared....

but yeah... he's looking all good...

thanx for thoughts everyone :)

deeply appreciated....

Raz said:
It's not death that's scary, it's loss, and it's totally understandable that you'd be worried about that.

wherd

Be thankful that you got the chance to really consider death at this time. Most people dont get the chance to (until it's too late usually) because they avoid ever thinking about it. Death is a natural part of life and holds the same beauty, we ALL die.

But on the other hand, I hope all goes well for you and your family. All the best, and yes Dad's truly are special :)