• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why do you use drugs???

Never been heavily into drugs. Weed bou 15 times, speed 3 times and pills once.
Dont do them for any other reason but to experience something different. If didnt touch it again it really wouldnt bother me.

I have a good think for a week why I use drugs.... I havent came up with a good reason..... I just like them and trying new things hence the quote "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

Fuck knows.... I just like them and bit of escapism, especially with acid, mecaline/cacti, and other similar hallucation related drugs.

Not a really good reason.... guess I will have to have a other long think..... But I will just enjoy them for now while I have a think and will give you the answer in few years time =D

I take drugs because I enjoy the feelings they give me. I have experimented with alcohol, speed and pills and on a recent trip to Amsterdam I tried mushrooms as well. Mdma is my drug of choice although I would definitely take mushrooms again if I had the oppurtunity. Totally different feelings but both good in there own right. Like many, I totally disagreed with drugs until I started reading and exploring the 'truths'. Now, as long as I know the risks and likely affects a drug will have on me, I am willing to give most of them a try. Life is too short to die wandering, just knhow what you are getting yourself in for. :)

Drugs for me are a little like unusual foods, those said to be of an "acquired taste".

Before I first eat an odd tasting food there is usually some hesitation, perhaps reluctance and even caution depending upon its reputation (gourmet trip reports ;)).

If the food is interesting and doesn't taste too revolting, I'll usually try it again. If it doesn't agree with me I'll avoid it in future.

However, if the taste is yummy or becomes yummy with a few servings, I'll also weigh up as to whether having it too often is a good thing i.e. is it rich in fats, etc. which will usually determine how often I'll eat it. Some things are more tempting depending upon individual taste preference.

Some people are meat and 2 veg eaters, some experiment or indulge occasionally, while others dine regularly on a refined cuisine of taste sensations. Some are horrified at the thought of seafood or Haggis and will live and die never to experience the taste sensation of a raw oyster. And some of these people will never understand at all why others eat them.

I think much the same goes for drugs.

Last edited:
Nice analogy phase_dancer :)

For me it's a blend of escapism, hedonism, curiosity and exploration of the unknown. As a kid I found it fascinating the way that one white tablet, sachet of powder or liquid could simply pass through the human system without producing any symptoms indicative of its presence, while another will kill pain or fight infections. As I got into my late teens this developed into an interest in pharmacology, and my belief in the worth of first hand experience took over ;)

I don't hide the fact I use drugs to escape "real life". After a week or so (perhaps more, perhaps less) of intense study or work, I'll happily sit back and relax with some K/GHB/codeine on a friday night. I equate it with post-work friday evening alcohol consumption, I just ingest a different substance.

:)

because im cool
no really..
basically what everyone else has said.

Mum told me you can't knock it if you haven’t tried it....

So I did.

....and now I can't stop it :)

Seriously, I'll try anything, usually first.

Sometimes escapism isn't an excuse just some people’s way to take a deep breath, step back, reassess and relax.

Usually by about 4am my friends start to get a little sleepy and fall asleep. So we take drugs so we can stay up and have fun all night/weekend long.

It's my friends and the fun we have that makes me high, not the drugs.

**Long post warning**

My drug interest started early when I was about 14 (approx 10 years ago) A school collogue was going to source some LSD for me and friend. Here drug intake would have been curiosity , eventually my friend and I both decided we weren't ready for "hard" drugs.
I smoked pot for a year os so here Just to be cool
I didn't drink until near the end of high school and before I found out I didn't try hard enough to get in to what I wanted.
Over the holiday period My friends and i could get drunk several times a week this built up to several weekends on complete intoxication where sleep ended and a new drink started. At think point out drug intake was a game.
This went on until I got a job because my ausstudy was about to runout as I did not do as well as needed to do what I wanted in uni. Then drinking fell back to every weekend usually friday and saturday night. At this point Drug intake was a time filler, someone would be like what are we gonna do. My answer was "Come drink at my place" and a bunch of us would.
All this time I was still interested in raves, electronic music and in a small way illicit drugs.
At my next job met a guy who was part of all of those scenes who introduce me to the joys what would be MDXX. At this point Drugs were once again curiosity
Been to the fun house, I regularly visited. My drugs of choice at this time alcohol and mdxx, My drug use returned to a time filler weekend comes what to do. Well get fucked up thats what.
More recently I've come to the conclusion that illicit drugs and I'm experimenting again. now it is back to curiosity but the underlying reason I think is a time filler aspect

So I guess I'm frequently bored and too lazy to come up with ideas so I turn to something prepared earlier.

I've harped on abit but I guess describing this way gave me a chance to see for my self the different reasons I have and still do use drugs.
It's probably broken or scattered if it is let me know I'll try to make it more coherent.

i take them cos they've allowed me to be the person i always was inside but was too scared to let out.

and also cos i have a shitload of fun with all my friends. half our nights are spent talking about all the stupid/funny things we've done the other weekends, and the other half talking about drugs and all those deep and meaningful "whats outside the universe" type things.

Because if I didn't take drugs I wouldn't appreciate them as much as I do!

:D eKLaB

I started taking drugs in 1999 purely outta curiosity.
I was shy, withdrawn, closed minded & didnt have alot of friends.
Drugs helped me turn into this confident, bubbly, happy, openminded person and I guess at that point in my life i finally felt like somebody.
I now have a huge peer group, am one of the most LOUD ppl amongst the group, no one would ever class me as shy!
So now i take drugs for enjoyment and because i appreciate the person they helped me to become... They just gave me that little push in life and helped me to see things from a different perspective.8)
I also believe they have helped bond some very special friendships for me!

Sllip said:
Usually by about 4am my friends start to get a little sleepy and fall asleep. So we take drugs so we can stay up and have fun all night/weekend long.

It's my friends and the fun we have that makes me high, not the drugs.

Man you've changed!

It use to be about the music... ;)

RiseGurl said:

I was shy, withdrawn, closed minded & didnt have alot of friends.
Drugs helped me turn into this confident, bubbly, happy, openminded person

Totally the same with me.

As my E expreinces grow, so does my confidence while I'm straight.

I just love being able to talk to random people who are on E. Especially chicks, who normally in a alcohol setting shrug you off as someone trying to pick them up. You can just walk up to them talk about anything and make a new friend. Even though many of those friendships only exist in that reality, there are many others which carry over.

The second key factor is definately the music - how a low rumble can send a shiver down my spine and make me melt into the couch. Or just being able to get up and get right into dancing, without warming up.

As long as the pros still out weigh the cons, I'll still do 'stuff' - for the time being at least.

I believe everyone has a drug of choice. Our choices just happen to be illegal, while everyone else sticks to coffee and/or alcohol and/or cigarettes. I've always thought its funny how all the coffee drinkers are the ones making the laws.

Now that I've shared that little theory, I totally agree with kuxi re: my E use.

I have absolutely no idea why I wasted so much of my life playing computer games while stoned however. I will have to think about that a little more.

Great thread!

im really not sure why i take them
first time was curiosity, maybe a bit of boredom, and a bit of wanting to rebel 8)
now i take e's speed etc when im with friends, and the experience of being high with them, brings us closer together, and is a bit of a bonding experience.... gets u talking about alot of things that i normally wouldnt, emotionally i keep my cards very close to my chest whilst sober i would say

weed i use sometimes (altho i know im not supposed to say this) to simply get high, but other times to blunt pain that sometimes i have no other way of getting rid of...... lost loved ones etc

but most of all, i use drugs to almost fill a void within myself..... i used to play basketball to fill that void, but once i hit 16/17, that wasnt enough anymore..... nothing can get me as excited as the prospect of taking drugs..... its a wonder im only an occasional user