Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who has the power?

Witch Doctor

Bluelighter
** I skimmed over the guildlines just before I posted to make sure this was ok. but wasnt too sure, if its a no go just delete mods =) **

Ok I was lyin in bed this weekend after a night out, and a thought came into my mind. Why are pill prices in Perth higher than other parts of the country? Then i thought to myself, is it just because I go through greedy channels? But in talkin to other fellow party goers, it seems that im gettin a really good deal on my goods. Ive been told many times that im extremely fussy when it comes to pills, mainly because i REFUSE to pay "club price", not even for a "good" pill. I just cant justify payin that much money for a pill.

So is it supply? isnt there enough in perth to go around? i dont think so though, almost anyone can get their hands on pills if they're in the "party scene". Is it just that perth consumers just dont know any different? Talkin to mates all over oz, and all of them pay less than the average punter in perth. Is perth really that remote? that it costs that much more to ship them here?

so what is everyone elses thoughts? are perth drug dealers just greedy? Me and my friends will go without if we dont get the right price. I think everyone else in perth should follow suit, if everyone refuses to pay these crazy prices, dealers will be forced to drop price.

ok thats the end of my little thought. What does the rest of perth think? are we getting ripped off?

It's who you know, or more importantly, who you don't know :p

yes true true, but how come everyone i know, without fail has scored cheaper drugs in other parts of oz than in perth? u cant tell me everyone is just really lucky and got a really good connection on their holidays =P

I'd say your guess of the remoteness is the answer. Maybe a lot of the drugs have to go through more people's hands and so once everyone takes their slice of the profit the price ends up higher. Or maybe it's not as cost effective to use the road for transport to Perth from the major eastern cities (sort of the same reason why petrol costs more in country towns), or maybe using the air is far more risky and people won't justify the risks unless there is a worthwhile profit to be made.

Yeah my guess is remoteness at the moment. But surely drugs are imported directly into perth? why wouldnt they be?

Maybe the supply is controlled by fewer people, or alternatively, maybe the market is smaller than in other places. It also could of course be because WA is further away from the other capital cities as other people have suggested already.

bRAVEheart

I think BT's nailed that one. It is interesting though, because Perth does seem to get a higher proportion of adulterated/fake pills than other capital cities (in my experience only, of course). The easy way around this is to test all your pills. You could also buy in bulk if this suited you, but bear in mind the implications of this.

yeah BT i think there are just too many trashheads around here that dont realise that dealers need their business just as much as they need the drugs to get wasted.

^^ together with an eagerness for enterprising dealers to expand their markets.

As little as 3 years ago, there were relatively few dealers in this area, with available product almost always up there in quality. Prices were higher for longer than in the cities, which lasted for around 6 months. Then almost overnight a few big players moved northward and flooded the market. Prices dropped 20-30% virtually overnight. Suddenly everyone could get pills and many started to deal themselves. But almost as quickly as they arrived, the big players seemed to disappear, leaving some of the surviving original players to cover the market, which had grown substantially. The price has gradually dropped another 5-10% I guess, but any fluctuations in supply rarely seem to influence final price - yet.

Once people have been used to paying a maximum for something, it is very hard to expect them to accept a steep sudden increase. Many will reluctantly pay, but some will budget and make do with less, if only at first. It's therefore quite understandable to think those wishing to increase the market would reduce profits for extra turnover, X-mart style.
Something which may govern ideas about expansion in some areas may have to do with consistency of supply or the scale of the network. I don't know the history of busted players in WA, but if there's recently been an upset, it may take sometime for the new bosses to reestablish distribution networks.

Or...this could have nothing to do with your situation and it's as is more commonly found. That is It's who you know. Small towns, depending largely upon what is the primary means of income, can either see circles closed and very secretive, or as in the case of a tourist town like this one, be brimming with gossip where-ever you go. So, besides social circles, in some ways it definitely is also where you live as to whether you will ever get to hear of things like lower priced HQ stuff.

I've found similar things in other regional centres in australia. its just the price you have to pay (literally) for not living in the Brisbane to Melbourne population belt.

I dont see why we pay more than other capital citys in Aus.
I'm sure that the organised crime rings wouldnt have over looked Perth as a direct link to asia for importing drugs. I have but once come across the same pills cheaper at one source compared to another. I find the price is static everywhere including clubs.

and Groovstar I went to sydney for a couple of weeks last year. The only thing I noticed that was cheaper than in perth was Beer. I didnt sample any substances so I wont speculate on that.

i found out they are definately are more expensive here in WA, after speaking to someone who just recently came from the east, but one thing they also said which could effect things is that there is alot more "variety", if u wanna call it, different drugs available over there, better night life, more places to go, etc etc......
Only guessing though

Witch Doctor said:
Why are pill prices in Perth higher than other parts of the country?

I doubt that the prices are higher than Tasmania (if you count that as the same country :p )

junglism: hehe uve caught me out =P

smokin' joe: ive got one mate in tas and he pays less than the average punter here.. but thats only one person..

UnFuZed: yeh i got mates in melb/syd/bris and from what I've heard there is more going round, and usually better.

Juvenile: yeh some dealers have tried to charge me same price (we'll call it x) inside and outside of clubs, which personally i think is a joke! Personally i refuse to pay anymore than $(x-10).