• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: $60 million bust

same old news...... the media/cops always over-estimate the stree value of drugs found in busts..... idiots.

About where they get their figures....is it the media just throwing it out there, or is it the police commisioner or even yet some constable who's voice hasn't broken yet?

Is there someone you can call and ask how they figure it? becuase i'd be willing to call as i am VERY curious....

that's a biggy.
but not to worry...
as if the pills, or a % of them wont find there way back into the market here somehow.

"A 195 kilogram shipment of ecstasy, some 860,000 tablets with an estimated street value of $60 million...

195 kilos? fuck thats a LOT of pills.

...has been stopped from reaching our community thanks to the close cooperation between the Australian Federal Police, Customs and the Belgian Federal Police," Senator Ellison said in a statement.

Yes, thanks guys. Thanks a lot.

Psychadelic_Paisly, I reakon their figures refer to the amount of money that will change hands for each pill without ATO/government intervention. In other words, the stimulus to the black market these pills would have created... That's the only way I can think of to explain it!

Wow.. i just saw the shit on tele..
Excuse me, i need to be alone for a minute.. :(

I understand that if you add up the value along the way the figure makes sense...except that the media always quotes "street value" which to me means what the mug on the street pays, not the whole supply chain added up.

But hell, I failed accounting so what would I know! =D

I tried to make it out, but they were in bags inside bags (possibly some white mitsubishis in there). There were a few different colours. White and pink from what i remember... I only caught a glimpse. Watch the channel 7 news tonight.. i'll try and tape it so i can have a closer look..

to me it looked like white triangles but it could have been mitzi's there were also some pink ones and blue ones looked like a lot of pills but my guess is it wouldve strated off as A FUCK LOAD OF PILLS then some investigating wouldve taken place then there was the lot of pills i saw on tele now some more investigating will occur and they will have seixed a fair few pills not a lot just a fair few

^^ Sorry i'm a bit confused at what your trying to say. You might want to put some punctuation marks in.

0611_ecstasy.jpg

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/National/story_30880.asp

Crap.. the dogs didn't play the same tape as they were showing on the newsbreaks.. couldn't see shit..

hey imagine walking along the beach & finding that stash hidden in a cave & there was no one around... (hadnt been picked up or whatever) it would be like winning the lottery. ud be chucking handfulls of pills over ya head.

I found this pic on the ABC news site . It might just be a file photo.

They look like mistubishis to me.

I think the police should raffle them off in some kind of nation lottery.
Provided they test up of course......

Its such a waste to destroy them after all the effort it took to get them here.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s983543.htm

Attachments

• r11706_27873.jpg
    r11706_27873.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 88
r11706_27872.jpg

Look like white mitsubishi's as Boomslang stated before. Hopefully we will see these on the street fairly soon. ;)

Belgium nationals were involved so you know what that means - these were the real deal and possibly (note i do say possibly) of very good quality.
Pills straight from that mythical region - not powder to be pressed into pills as has clearly been a recent trend.

Thus i hazard to guess these were up there. 860,000 is enough for almost 5% of the population.
So surely at least one for EVERY ecstasy user; probably far more actually; like 3-5 each.
Anyone know the quoted figure nowadays for MDMA use across the ENTIRE population, not just percentage of young people?