• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS(ish), october 27, 2003: mixmag suggest ecstasy is over (new drug: 2c-i)

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew

Mixmag Suggest Ecstasy Is Over
October 27, 2003

British drug dealers are stopping selling ecstasy in favour of a new pill called 2C-I, 'a new drug that's a cross between pills and acid', according to a report in the latest issue of Mixmag.

"The drug (ecstasy) that changed our world in the 90s and made the Naughties all that more fun could see rough times ahead," Mixmag predicted.

"It's (2C-I) arrived at the right place at the right time. For clubbers bored with a drug that's been firing up their weekends for over a decade, 2C-I is a national mash-up waiting to happen."

2C-I was discovered by US pharmacologist, Dr Alexander Shulgin, who first popularised MDMA and synthesized over 200 other drugs, all of which he tested on himself.

"Most notable are the visuals, very colourful and active. Much more balanced emotional character, but still no feeling of insight, revelation, or progress toward the true meaning of the universe," said Dr Shulgin on swallowing 15mg of 2C-I (PIHKAL).

On 16mg, however, he noted 'an immediate alert within minutes' and 'some hallucinogenic activity, though not a lot.'

"My conversations were extremely clear and insightful, the degree of honesty was incredible," he said.

Mixmag warned that 2C-I is already classified as an illegal Class A drug in the UK (in line with heroin and cocaine) though concluded 'the next new drug fashion is long overdue.'

taken from: http://www.inthemix.com.au/p/np/viewnews.php?id=12510

just wondering if anyone's heard anything about this 'new drug' (i looked on erowid and it didn't seem to be listed). it's another "2c" drug, but does that really mean anything? sounds kinda like (from what i've read) a less intense version of 2c-b perhaps?

do we think that this will affect the australian market at all, or (considering pills can be bought for about one pound each in england) will it be england-only, as we haven't quite reached that state yet?

[brief rant]
Mixmag are a pack of fuckwits when it comes to drugs. I remember reading some stupid article which mentioned PMA and presented it as a speed-like high and contained no warnings about the drug... Sheer stupidity!
[/brief rant]

The similarities between 2C-I and 2C-B are numerous enough for me to say that any claim of 2C-I taking over the ecstasy market can be thrown out the window with the idea that 2C-B was going to.

They're both phenethylamines... Very similar chemical structures... The most notable difference that I can gather is that 2C-I requires marginally smaller doses than 2-CB to achieve similar effects.

Check out the Erowid 2C-I Vault.

:)

Hehe yeah never trust what dance magazines say re drugs. I read in the UK version of Ministry a while back that GHB should be taken mixed with a pint of beer, to counteract the taste. Great advice dickheads...

What a prediction... Did I said this would be the next big thing or did I say this would be the next big thing. Hehehe. Who would have though. 2C-I and 2C-B are prime candidates at dosages around 15mg-20mg to be good party material. Less toxic then MDMA and less likely to cause problematic fear reactions due to the lack of ego dissolution.

^
I do think that the boom is over.

Instead of keeping it as a 'special occasion', too many people abuse it and go from 'loved up' to 'fucked up'.

Good riddance, you headfuck of a pill.

PS: I think all future threads along the lines of 'When will the magic come back????!!!' should be removed instantly ;)

The fucking magic has gone alright! It ain't ever coming back, all you get now is misery! 8)

In all honesty however, I am looking forward to how this will really pan out. Whether 2C-I does get any bigger or not, who knows?

8)

meh, pills wont ever die.
how long have coke and opiates been around, and theyre still "fashionable"....drug trends dont work like fashion, and if anything, ppl have been opting for variety, and not sticking to one thing.

It's not even that good IMO,and high doses are very uncomfortable and psychedelic for some people,it's just way too dose sensitive 16mg is a nice mellow social experience but 30mg is a full on overstimulated trip,I can see people taking 2 or 3 pills and seriously freaking out.

Anyway,I think the reason it's taking off in the Uk is because AFAIK 15mg 2c-i pills are available semi-legally in European smartshops or whatever their called,i don't think it's going to happen here ,although 2c-b seems to be everywhere at the moment so who knows?

Last edited:
Fucken word to what Apollo said.

I was going to bring up that PMA thing. I wish the stupid fucks would either do some bloody research (god forbid) or at least practise SOME standards of journalism that are at least a little above that of the fucking Brit Tabloid Wanker Press.

Lame arse fuck-knuckles, I wish they'd all taken their own PMA advice and died.

-plaz out-

My understanding is that 2-CI is still classed as a research chemical in many places and sold freely as such.

The only problem is that anyone attempting to import it here will get destroyed by our analogue laws because u could not get more of an analogue to 2-CB (which is schedule 1) than 2C-I.

Perhaps in Britain people are stockpiling it "legally" similar to MDEA when that was legal and we will see a gigantic onslaught of this drug. With prices the same as MDMA but costing the dealer a pittance in comparison.

From what i have read it does not seem to be the greatest drug - at least if attempting to compare it to MDMA. Its safe to say they are very different drugs because one is psychadelic and the other is empathogenic. Perhaps they both can be described as entactogens but thats not enough to make them the same.

MDMA's empathy is the reason the majority of people take it. (other than just being a sheep) Until there is a replacement for that feeling i dont see it being pushed aside.

Of course most of the rollers in Britain have probably so fried their brains with their 10 pills a night out, the empathy of MDMA will never return - enter 2C-I. :p

is this what the Triangles were ie march, april this yr

We called em trippy triangles

I was gonna launch into a tirade on the inherent crappiness in Mixmag reporting but I see it's already been covered =D

^^^^Don't worry Steve theres plenty of time to unleash a tirade of abuse at something thats not to your liking.=D

2C-I is already scheduled in QLD (and possibly the rest of Australia).

BigTrancer :)

I don't read mixmag much these days, but a few years ago they were spot on with some predictions and reports. Some of these, like the advent of GHB becoming popular in clubs and associated HR advice helped prepare harm reduction workers in Australia for what was to come. So once at least there was some fact in their articles.