Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Drugs found buried at beach

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Drugs found buried at beach

24oct03

AMPHETAMINES with a street value of $3 million have been dug up by police from Sydney's Long Reef Beach.

Police said the 70kg haul came around 7pm yesterday, as part of an ongoing 16-month investigation into an international drug trafficking syndicate.
The drugs were found buried at the southern end of the beach following a surveillance operation by a joint task force of NSW Police, Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the NSW Crime Commission.

A 27-year-old man was being questioned over the buried drugs on the northern beach, which police believed was part of a shipment seized during a series of raids in July last year. Five people, including three British nationals and a Canadian citizen, are in custody pending court proceedings over 31kg of amphetamines seized in the raids.

A sixth offender is to face court in Perth while the Canadian citizen was extradited to face drug importation charges in his homeland.

"Information obtained by the joint task force indicated that a substantial quantity of amphetamine allegedly connected to syndicate members was hidden from police at the time of their arrests," AFP agent David Stewart said today.

"The location of these drugs, which we suspected were part of the original shipment, has been the subject of detailed investigations by task force members."

Special Crime Unit Commander, Detective Superintendent Mark Wright, said it was pleasing to have prevented "such a large quantity of drugs" from reaching the community.

Good to see that these dangerous drugs were intercepted before they got into the hands of the Australian public.

Hmmmm.......I wonder if you can fine tune a metal detector to......nah=D

thats like 15 mins from my house.... DAMNIT.. why wasnt i at the beach!

Betcha it was ICE...Only stuff that wouldn't go off after such a long time!

I just saw a little news item on *cough* channel 10 news *cough*, and it was described as amphetamine paste. It looked like nasty, brown base.

The police also mentioned some connection to a pill press and hinted this meth was going to be turned into speed bombs. I'm not sure if this was just for added media oomph... It did come from a copper who pronounced amphetamine - amphetamine <- As in "mine." :D

mmmm maybe its time to get a puppy and get it trained to sniff stuff at the beach......my own personal sniffer to find stuff at parties =D

Yeah a family friend of mine who is a ex-fed cop told me few tips how to get your puppy ready ;)

Get few balls and hide drugs in one of the balls, and throw the balls and if the dog bring backs you the ball with drugs inside, reward the puppy very well ;) then slowly step up from drug to other drug then while the pup gets older have few drugs in different places and get the pup to find it in many varies of drugs and reward the pup well too.... ;)

The pup will start to learn by learning the senses/smell of drugs because often pups just want attention and rewards, they are attention seekers by nature (not all breeds i suppose)....

Its very time consuming....... thats why there isnt that many drug sniffers dogs in Australia, they are all over-worked and there's a lot of pups under training at the moment so I expect in few years there will be more drug sniffer dogs than the past.....

But remember as this ex-fed cop told me, the dog handlers dont just "expect" the dog to find drugs by stopping and sitting next to it, they also "observe" the dog's behaviour I mean if people tried to hide drugs with stuff that dogs hate like peppers/"pest off" stuff for gardens, etc etc and if the dog shakes its head and walks away, the dog handler will get bit suss and will re-check that bag that the dog shaked its head away .........

Love your work Urbanhog...hehe could work, but it'll be a hell of alot of training.

Seriously though, if you found those drugs you would probably be in jail right about now, they would have had someone watching the beach like a hawk.

Thank yourself you didn't find it!

No drug is worth life in prison and a sore butt....ekkk.

I think people are lucky not to have found them... If you knew what they were, wouldn't your first instinct be to run away as fast as possible, with the amps under your arm? And with the police watching...

Good luck proving you weren't involved :\

anyone know where bouts they were buried down there?? (im a bit of a local)

Being in a slightly cheeky mood, I suddenly had a vision of how the scene looked after the police left, followed by another a bit later on after the locals had double checked.

anyone know where bouts they were buried down there?? (im a bit of a local)

I'd tend to look for any signs of a new river mouth =D