Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Whats your dream occupation?

XtC_KittiE

Bluelighter
Not sure if theres a thread on this yet but meh ...

So whats your all-time dream occupation? and have u reached it? or are u on the way to reaching it? or is it just a dream and thats all it will ever be?

Hmmm theres so many things i wanna do but the main thing i would love to do in life is simply ... well ... be a top professional/special effects make up artist ... hehe its not exactly 'out there' but hey it makes me happy :D it would be the best to do it as a job, not in a boring salon, but doing it for movie sets (like special effects make up) as well as for celebs would be awsum ... i would leave the piece of shit 9 to 5 office job i have now and get started but i simply dont have the funds to do the training , time to start saving eh ... but one day i'll get there .... theres hope yet :D

Hmm besides that being an event planner would be awsum as well, i cant organise raves all my life but u sure can differentiate it with event planning of weddings, etc .... that would also be wikkid.

umm yeh .... so how about u ??

To work in forensics, probably as a psychiatrist or as a coroner. They are at this stage, not a possibility due to the amount of university years involved. Quite possible as a mid life career change though.

I hope to study criminology next year and be involved with rehabilitation programs at some stage after study, especially for the aboriginal community. That is my 'realistic' dream job. :D I want to give back to society, not be a self indulgent ignoramus for the rest of my life. Because I am pretty selfish now, if I can commit my life to that, that would be my dream. :)

breakabeat - ooooer! that sounds like an awsum occupation .... itd be so interesting ... no day would ever be the same! *goes and watches crime night on discovery* hehe but im no academic so cross that off my list :p

To do a documentary and travel around the world, or become a travel writer.

I will settle for an interpreter or a teacher though.

I'm all about the Oprah-esque empire - I want to publish books, open restaurants, run a magazine, own a successful lifestyle program and record label and design a line of clothing. I just love women's lifestyle, and general health and vitality. I'd quite happily spend my whole life reading business, design and lifestyle magazines. I'm in love with the idea of being a Life Mechanic.

Now this is a good idea for a thread. Don't care if its been done before.

My realistic dream job is to be an occupational therapist but is 4 more years at uni so have decided to do a masters in rehabilitation counselling next year (one year only) which is v. similar so am on my way to my dream job. I have changed my mind a few times though ;)

My fantasy dream job is to be a photographer overseas or a movie reviewer. Heh. Or an actor.

Hugh Hefner's heir... failing that

Anime producer or art director =D

my dream job is doing nuffin.

or that that...

A master somelier with his own highly sucessful wine bar serviced by playmates on a tropic island where it's constantly sunny.

not too much to ask is it?

A rural emergency doctor (specifically working with Aboriginal ppl like BreakaBeat

Doing my first degree right now and then at the end of next year I am applying for Medicine, so I am kinda on the way!

Yo breakabeat i didnt know u were interested in indigenous stuff too! thats cooool

a) Hugh Hefner's heir
b) Being some nega rich guy's heir and buying records for EQ as a day job
c) Global Underground DJ
d) The first digustingly rich (and i mean obscenely rich on a Saudi scale) Australian arms dealer
e) Property Magnate.

I know i'll be on my way to having the last one in a year or two, possibly even a week or two, but the others, well, i can dream...

edit: damnit, Haste beat me to the Hefner thing!

to be bill gates for a few days : )

nah seriously. a fighter pilot in the navy. that would be the sweetest job i reckon. except i dont have the brains and im shit at maths : ( and it also means ill have to quit a lot of things in my life. drugs, smoking, gf and probably more.
or a top dj/producer like PVD, AVB etc. playing ur fav music in front of a huge crowd would be the sickest feeling ever. this one im gonna try and achieve : )

Own one of the Scottish single malt distilleries or few of them and make top notch single malts

hmmm i think a production assistant ... or something to do with live tv ... its just very exciting ... but yeh it is just a dream, because i know its hard to get into!!

Travel Reporter/Writer... I don't think any other job would compare to this.

my out of reach dream job would be a travel presenter on a show like Getaway- travelling the world, staying in nice hotels, and getting paid well for it.....

my dream job that is on its way- is to work as a legal researcher of some kind- be it for a law firm, or a law library. I'm presently finishing my last assignment for my reseacrh degree, and have applied for a masters of law for next year. It'll be a hard slog to getthere, but will be worth it in the end I hope!! =D

My dream occupation would be as a PC games programmer with my own night-time radio show on an alternative or community radio station where I could play all of the music that I love (soundscapes, metal, psychedelia, etc.).
That would be my ideal. It might even be a realistic possibility cos I have very solid programming skills and a good voice for radio. But I'd have to work at it, scuttle my many other current projects & scatterbrained interests and get off my lazy stoner ass a little more often....
Nah, you're right. It'll probably never happen =D

a moderator on a harm-reduction/drug usage website.

yeh... right...

ps. actually a programmer working in artificial intelligence....