Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Warning - Ketamine pill designed to fool the tester

Biscuit

Bluelighter
Recently I had an interesting and bizarre experience that made me mad - big time.

PERTH - White envelopes - Score on back - look pretty shitty - a whole small envelope logo in middle of pill; not like the beige envelopes/emails.

I was out and about with a few friends - one had these said they tested purple.

I tasted one and within one second of chewing the thing i knew what we were dealing with.

The pill absolutely stank - some call it aniseed; i call it sassafras or safrole.
This was not the sort of smell that u get from having a number of pills closed up in a bag.
These pills gave off a pungent sassafras odour when they were held individually, out in the open, some 15 cm from your bloody nose!

Having dealt with sassafras oil at uni before and inadvertantly tasting it on one occasion, i knew the taste of these pills was unmistakenable. Slight bitter taste as normal but an overwhleming taste of sassfras oil.

Within 20mins the tell tale signs of ketamine were present.

So in short this was a ketamine pill that clearly contained some safrole type chemical in them - why?
To turn the marquis or mandelin reagent purple/black and fool you into thinking it was an MDXX pill.

Stay away from these everyone.

And it is further evidence that smell is not to be used for anything - pure MDMA-HCl does not smell - its the safrole type precursors that do. So next time you get some pills that are giving off that "aniseed" smell perhaps you might consider that instead of it being chock full of an MDXX substance its instead something completely bunk with added MDXX precursor.

This in no way is meant to criticise the testers - its just a friendly warning that in this "game" things are sometimes not what they seem and can often have unexpected and unpleasant results.

Last edited:
What colour were the pills?
If they were coated in dye then that could have been running, causing it to APPEAR to cause reaction when it really didn't. Just like those dirty fucking Red V's

The only accurate conclusion that can be drawn from testers is if a pill does not test purple, it does not contain MDMA. The reverse is not always true - pills that test purple might contain MDMA (and probably do), but it's not a given. Testers should be used only to weed out bunk pills, not to guarantee good ones. A tester will greatly reduce the chance of getting bunk or dodgy pills, but it won't rule it out.

A tester should only ever be used as a tool to find bad pills as opposed to a tool to find good pills - used in this method with a degree of waryness and people shouldn't have too many problems. I kinda agree with what some people say about testers giving a false sense of security - remember they minimise risk, they don't indicate safe or good pills.

yeah these came out in Brisbane when the 3's were still running strong, it was these ones and some white 3's i got in a mixed bag. While they do kind of test, you can tell that it is wrong - purple but slow as. I took mine back, and i know many others did to, so you can expect them to turn up once in awhile as they try and offload the rest of the batch.

i'm sure dodgy pill manufacturers have been aware of this for some time!

again........smell is NO indication of good quality MDMA, rather the converse IMHO.

100% pure MDMA has no smell.......just like rock salt!

so what you are suggesting is that a dodgy dd has dropped sassafras oil on the pills to give them an aniseed smell and so that they test purple with E1 etc?
i know the smell would be poss, but the tester result wouldnt be skewed would it?
anyone got a tester and some sassafras oil?

These were white with grey specks.

No dye interference.

Not having done the tests personally i do not know exactly how the reaction proceeded. I feel i would have picked up on anything unusual especially when combined with the smell which was just wrong.
Another case for performing the tests yourself.

Perhaps i should change the topic of this thread - as i am not necessarily saying the testers WILL be fooled, but instead that safrole type precursors have been added to a ketamine pill and this MAY cause people to believe it contains an MDXX drug.

My opinion is that prior to pressing, sassafras oil or something similar was added - yes it is an oil but just like adding an egg to flour, with enough mixing it will disperse and become a consistent mix.

We certainly know this has probably been going on for a while - however this is the first time I can remember someone has actually identified a pill categorically where this has happened. And i say categorically because i'm stupid enough to have tasted sassafras oil and its not something i have easily forgotten.

I realise this probably doesn't apply in this situation, as Biscuit is fairly adamant that these pills have been said to have tested purple/black with Marquis reagent... But, some people actually quote test results they have never seen before. It's very important that the person who tells you test results is reliable enough that you can be sure they are telling you the truth.

I've heard people on more than one occasion tell me that a certain pill 'tests alright, straight to black in 2 seconds'... but under further questioning regarding the testing reagent, test conditions or specific colour change information it becomes clear that they have NO idea what a reagent test is or does. They merely use the 'test purple/black' as another line by which to advertise pills they're trying to sell. That's another great reason to ALWAYS test your own pills, and never trust anyone when it comes to buying drugs.

BigTrancer :)

I saw these 'emails' in Canberra. They were light beige and stunk incredibly of that fowl aniseed-like smell. Cant remember the dimensions or details but they tested purlpe on EZtest. They seemed to contain no MDxx but had a slight feel to them MAYBE like a low dose of K.
Then a few weeks ago, I tested some beige Mercedes pills in Sydney. They smelt exactly the same as the emails, a bit darker in colour, pale speckles, no bevel, score on back. Hard press. They tested orange on EZtest but I didnt eat any. I heard they were really 'strong' from a friend who ate one before we tested, but that doesn't help us much. These Mercedes were so pungeant that I could smell them on my clothes two days later.