Originally posted by doofqueen
nike? ummmmthink i will give it a miss

nike.gif

onetwothreefour said:
Originally posted by doofqueen
nike? ummmmthink i will give it a miss

nike.gif

that looks sorta like a tobacco pipe :p

Just because the shoes are made by foreign slave labour, doesn't mean they're not good shoes...

They may be good shoes, because theres alot of money to spend on research and development when you barely pay the people that make them.

Look how much people like tiger woods get paid to WEAR and endorse nike, compared to how much the ppl who make them get paid....

Boycott nike.

Adikkal

Attachments

• nike.jpg
    nike.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 124
stfu...and just do it.

sif boycotting nike products achieves anything...honestly. The so called 'slave' labourers should be glad they have jobs. I don't understand how people who can't even relate to the situation these people are in can argue on their behalf.

Sorry for the proverbial sexual assault on the thread but nezo your statement about "they should be glad they have jobs at all" is pretty fucked up...

Yes, it is benefical that nike are giving them jobs, but the issue is they are getting as much out of these people as humanly possible in order to make maximum financial gain. It just pisses me off that wealth seems to be the goal in so much of fucken society, regardless of the consequences. It's easier to say 'we don't know their situation so why argue for them' than actually give a fuck. People argue for them cos funnily enough its kinda hard for a sweatshop worker to get their message out in a media outlet on their own.

I'm not saying boycotting nike achieves anything, but personally i don't like to support a company that places such a minimal value on the quality of life. I don't give a fuck if they make good shoes.

Now, i responded to a facet of your topic, not what u wanted but its not like its stopping people from actually contributing to what u specifically want. Its not like i thought "hey, im gonna fuck up this dudes thread, thatd be sick shit"

Adikkal

they are getting as much out of these people as humanly possible in order to make maximum financial gain.

welcome to the capitalist society. Don't hate the playa. Hate the game.

Who do you think makes up the capitalist society? It wouldnt be PEOPLE would it? People who can make choices? Its not simply because we're in a capitalist society, its cos theyre greedy motherfuckers. Yes the greed might be a product of the society but they still have the choice. And it just so happens that they make self interested, profit driven choices all the time. Yes i understand thats what a business does, but when and where do we draw the line? Business ethics? Oxymoron it seems

I ain't buying that 'hate the game' logic,

Adikkal

Its nice to dream.........

Now you have to go about formulating a way to stop people being greedy.

Good luck with that.

stace.

(How did I know an innocent topic relating to Nike would turn into an anti-Nike discussion? :))

^^
thats bluelighters for u.

i just think its a damn good way to flog Nike. u gotta admit, comps like these always attract a lot of attention.

anyone heard about the Canadian Club hunt?? (i'll go do some research right now and get back to ya!)

ok here it is....

The Hiram Walker company, which distributes Canadian Club, has always pursued the macho line in its promotion of the brand. Oldtimers may recall the ads of the early 60s, in which various desperadoes would perform (or claim to perform) some act of suicidal bravery, such as wrestling with a shark, after which they would retire to the lounge for a soothing jolt of Canadian Club. By such means, Canadian Club was associated in the public mind with the notion of deranged recklessness. This was thought to sell whiskey, in some unaccountable manner.

The treasure hunt campaign was an extension of this line of thinking. When the project was first launched in 1967, the cases were planted in exotic locales like Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and Angel Falls in Venezuela. In the beginning Hiram Walker did not seriously expect anyone to actually go and look for the stuff. The Mt. Kilimanjaro case, in fact, was not discovered until the mid-70s, when a Danish journalist stumbled over it while on an expedition searching for lost children or some such thing.

However, it swiftly became clear that there were any number of well-to-do guppies out there who were willing to frivol away their fortunes looking for a crate of hootch. The case buried near Angel Falls, for example, was found by a young hero on his honeymoon. The little lady had the idea they were going to go to Acapulco until they get on board the plane, when she learned otherwise. I am sure the idea of gamboling through the swamps being eaten by jungle vermin struck her as extremely romantic.

The original promotion concluded in 1971, but was resurrected in 1975, or thereabouts. In the second version it was intended that most of the cases would be found eventually, so they were generally hidden somewhat closer to hand, e.g., near the reputed site of the Lost Dutchman Mine in Arizona, in Death Valley, and so forth. The depositing of the case was coupled with heavy regional advertising to stir up the interest of the locals. Consequently most of the cases didn't stay hidden very long. The box in Arizona was found in about a week; a case hidden atop a skyscraper in New York, a much less hospitable locale, eluded searchers for 13 weeks.

Still, some of the whiskey will probably never be found. A case dumped off in the Arctic is thought to have passed forever beyond the ken of man, what with blizzards and ice movements and whatnot.

The Hiram Walker people finally tired of the "Hide-A-Case" campaign, and retired it in 1981. In all, 22 cases were hidden during the period 1967-1981; 16 were found in fairly short order and a few others may have drifted in since. Sure, it was all a silly gimmick, but Canadian Club advertising to my mind has never been as memorable since. Bring back the hidden cases.

--CECIL ADAMS

http://www.title14.com/cc/system/index.pl/weirdness

hmmmmm.....

Last edited:
lota dribblers trying to come off knowledgeable to impress a bunch of people they may or may not ever meet. lol
start yourself a corporate bashing thread over in CE&P, or better yet bump someone elses, have a read, and then see if you actually have anything fresh to say! or better yet find an online petition, sign it and send it to all your friends. ;)

gee willickers

You found me out!

All i was doing was trying to seem intelligent to impress people, obviously it didn't get passed your super sensing radars ohh glorious dr.spgeddi, keep up the good work.

*Adikkal scuttles off to his nearest Niketown to purchase a brand spanking new pair of air max*

Mmm, comfort.

Adikkal