• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsmack328

Bluelighter
Okay... I don't do Coke alot AT ALL.. I sometimes hate it because, when I'm coming down I want more, but I either KNOW I don't need more or we've run out... and, I don't like feeling like i want it. So i don't do it THAT much! But that's not what I'm posting this thread for.. so let's get to the point.

I would really like to know what your body feels right before you go into convulsions or seisures or anything REALLY major when you've done too much Coke.. because, if I'm about to get to that point.. I'd really like to warn someone. I'm not sure if theres really an answer to my question.. but, if you know or think you know anything, please leave it here.

master of the obvious

Man, I know I am stating the most obvious shit, but still if you are craving coke so much that you keep going even when you think you are going to overdose, then you need to cut back a lot.

It is a great thing that you realize it isnt right with your statement about how you dont like the feeling that you want more, but you gotta do more than ignore this feeling.

Think about how good a few lines will be on another day at another time instead of just feeding the fiending....its totally not worth it to take it now.

good luck

She asked a simple question, I don't think she was looking for a lecture8).

Anyway, the signs and symptoms leading up to a severe cocaine overdose are: profuse sweating, very fast heartbeat, chest pain or pressure (feels like somone's sitting on your chest), shortness of breath, dizziness, trembling or shaking, tingling, blurry vision, confusion, delusions or hallucinations. If you experience any of these symptoms, it's time to take a break.

I've had seizures from cocaine and crack before, and before they occurred I started getting really confused, like I for a second I wasn't really sure where I was, I kept thinking I was supposed to go meet someone and I wasn't, getting up and walking around the room thinking there was something I had to do but I couldn't figure out what. Then I started sweating like crazy and trembling. It was kind of hard to breath, if felt like someone was sitting in my chest. Then my vision got really blurry, and all of a sudden everything went white. Then I would come to laying on the floor, VERY confused, eventually realizing that I had just had a seizure. Not fun at all. I would usually be all bruised up from banging into things too. And I probably scared my friends half to death.

Crimson Cloud nailed it.

IMO if you experience those symptoms you should bust out the break dancing mat, because you could be heading for a seizure.

Confusion, abnormal amounts of sweating or shaking. Blurry vision.
Pain or tightness in your chest/heart/lung areas.
Any kind of vaso "discomfort".

Too much coke/crack is just not fun.
Pretty easy really, if you feel like shit, you had too much

I've only done coke about 3 times.. I'm not used to the come down as much as my boyfriend and his friends are because, they've done it alot more than me and their not as bad.. I'm sure the more expiernce i get with it the better ill be able to handle my come down.

my boyfriend had a convolsions on this too... I was staring str8 at a wall when we had done a shit load of coke... i was sitting down and just stared off.. i became very confused and my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.. my boyfriends friend was sitting next to me and he signald my boyfriend and pointed to me and he got on his knees and they where waving their hands in front of my face and i still stared str8 i wanted to talk but i couldnt.. i took TOO much! then my boyfriend looked at his friend.. and i SWORE that they where talking about teenagers have heat attacks... and my boyfriend just FLEW back into convulsions and, i snaped out of whatever i was in and just freaked out! i thought it was kidding because, i thought they where talking about it... but they had been talking about that earlier before we even got the coke.. right before he went into convolsions he said "4 grams.. damn" and slaped his friends hand and just flew back (looked like it was in slow motion) and hit the computer and just started shakeing... I think that I did too much that day and i would of lost it if he didnt. i feel like if it would of tooken a little longer i would of been the one on the floor shakeing.. what do yall think?

my boyfriend said something about feeling a numb just shock through his whole body before he got on the floor to see if i was okay.. I wana know a lil more about that.

intence rush like on a roller coaster vision blurs then theres a ringing in the ears you get sweaty and have a very fast heart beat and feal like you need to throw up and is difficult too talk.

I did not touch coke for 10 years but was drunk and came across some in S. America cheap. Was ignorant of what a fatal dose could be. Do not believe what you see in the movies, big mounds of shiny powder, line after line, people laughing and smiling. I did about a gram pretty fast. Instantly was shaking and jerking violently, heart was pounding big time, could not swallow, hyperventilating. Thought I was a goner but was convinced if I went right for help what coke was left would be found and I`d spend 20 years in a 3rd World jail.

Heavy sweating came in about 10 minutes, cranked up the AC. Calmed some once I got some water and a valium down my throat, but the heart pounding went on an hour. Had to go to the hospital (on my own) and get a big shot of valium. Have not touched coke since. Am sure I never will. If you must though, please small dose it.

By the way, if anyone knows if there is a difference between convulsions and seizures please tell us. I jerked violently a bit at first, but so fortunately never feel or went out like is described with seizures.

i will tell u this right now and PLEASE believe me when i say this. I've had
6 seizures from both smoking crack and shooting cocaine. usually it happened after i had been up for over 2 or 3 days but it can happen from just a really big shot in which case there is not time to know your having a seizure, you will just have it. but in the case of just doing too much over a perdiod of time, i was able to tell that something wasn't going right every time i had one. Even still i would keep on smoking and by 2 or 3 days im full on seeing hallucinations from being sleep deprived. It's hard to explain but your body almost tells you "look you better take it easy, or else im gonna shut down and start shaking and shit and biting your tongue". your heart kinda feels like your gonna have a heart attack and your brain actually gets cloudier before a seizure. well thats all i got. please be careful guys, i dont do coke anymore besides maybe 2 or 3 times a year. When your body starts telling you something like your gonna od if you do anymore. listen to it. and just take some benzos or diph. and go to sleep. one love.

Or you get absolutely no warning before a seizure. In a split second you no longer feel ground under your feet. Then you fall with that eerie sensation of slow motion so often described when people die in movies. The worst however is the state in which you emerge (bruises? fractures?).

xxl said:
Or you get absolutely no warning before a seizure. In a split second you no longer feel ground under your feet. Then you fall with that eerie sensation of slow motion so often described when people die in movies. The worst however is the state in which you emerge (bruises? fractures?).

agreed. waking up in a pool of blood with cuts, a huge gash on my chin and my head, and a crowd of people that cant believe your still alive. it sucks.

geetered said:
intence rush like on a roller coaster vision blurs then theres a ringing in the ears you get sweaty and have a very fast heart beat and feal like you need to throw up and is difficult too talk.

ummmm. those symptoms happen every time i shoot coke or take a huge blast. if you dont get a bell ringer then your coke sucks or your doing too little.

about to say what geetered said sounds like a typical coke high to me. But the way i do my coke is IV.
You never said how you do your coke. The symptoms of diff ways you did it are a little different and the onset time and intensity. I never od'd on snorting but when you IV you kno it. its def not a good feeling

I went down HARD once. I was at a friends house with his roomy while he was at work.
It was a first time thing for the roomy and all good for me. Time flies when your havin fun and all of a sudden my bud is at the door sticking the keys in and we are freakin out stufin a tray undr the couch and all.. Bud wals in and gives us the look. He knows somethin fishy is up. He goes upstairs and in my "all day run" haze I take everything that is still out on the tray and spoon it up. Take a few steps into the kitchen in case bud comes back downstairs. Take aim and FIRE. I am told I took two steps and then BAM. I am down. I remember ebery cell in my body feeling like it wanted to die when I woke. I felt like intense hell for hours. Worse of it ll is that I had to DRIVE back to the GFs house and act like all was fine and dandy... Chrimeny that sucked.. NO warning for me, just SLAM.

i read the info from this thread about a month ago
two weeks ago it saved me from ODing :]

natural selection has failed again :D haha

hallucinosis said:
i read the info from this thread about a month ago
two weeks ago it saved me from ODing :]

natural selection has failed again :D haha

Good, I'm glad it helped. Dont say natural selection has failed again unless you feel you're one of the stupid people that need to die to even out the I.Q. of the gene pool.<3 Anyways, test shots save. ;)

The prelude to a seizure (from an epileptic point of view) often begins with derealisation. Typically a sound - perhaps a voice, sounds 'skewed'. As you raise your head and see the contents of the room, the automatic recognition process fails - potentially nothing/nobody is recognisable and you are hit by a overwhelming wave of fear and confusion.

Then an attempt to mumble something but...you...go........down...fast. Like a marionette after the strings have been cut.

The derealisation->fear->seizure, can take place in less than a second.

Body sweats, Limbs shaking, muscles weakening, ears ringing, kaleidascope vision fading to white. Standard run up to a seizure from coke in my experience.

Oh the joys.....

I had a cocaine induced seizure 2 years ago. Problem was I went through too much too quick. Usually 2-3 grams within a few hours period every week or whenever I could get my hands on some. I ended up sitting on my bed one night after finished 3 grams and I started to have a seizure. Next thing you know I wake up with 2 paramedics in front of me and I was confused as shit. I didnt know what happened. Ever since then I had only done it twice and only a small line each time because I was scared shitless to go through that experience again.

I have been getting the urge to do some again but my question is...if I do end up doing some. What are the chances of me having a seizure from a small amount. I am talking doing a 1/2 gram within a couple hours period. Lets say one line every hour or so. Is the possibility greater because I have already had a seizure or does that not impact whether not it will happen. Does quantity consumed play a bigger role in this?

BTW all of my tests came out negative when I was tested at the hospital in regards to my brain scans and what not.

Last edited:
how soon after say...taking a hit of crack would you overdose? can you overdose hours later? does all the coke you have done through out the day stack even with hour long breaks in between? and lastly what should I watch for if I am doing a moderate amount of Heroin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.