Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What good have you got from "The Scene"

elevhein

Bluelighter
Just wondering what others have got from the culture of clubbing, raves and events etc. Aside from obvious nose bleeds and side afftects of substances, what in time can you say you've taken away from all of this?
Personally, I've met and spoken to a lot of people that previous to my time involved, I thought I'd probably never do. For whatever reason, I think I've become a stronger person, and considerably more opinionated (good or bad, don't know about that yet) and more likely to voice those.
Just wondering what other life lessons, and personal growth others will walk away with.
Ah, reflection time.

The Scene has taught me that I don't need 'The Scene'.

Oh I have found a wealth of knowledge on such a breadth of topics its unreal - - - although I do put this down, to a certain extent to the time of life for myself, and others I have spoken to....
I have also, as everyone will say, made indescribable close and vivid friendships. I cherish all who I have met from 'the scene', as I have found they are [on the whole] a group of the most open minded, beautiful, well spoken and wise individuals I have had the oppertunity to meet. =D

Ive been raving regulary for just under 2.5 years and during that time i have learnt soooooo much about myself, people and pretty much the world as it is.

I have met so many interesting and influential people over my time in raving that some people , in some way have affected my outlook in life, many of my close friends now i have met through raving and it has given me hope in the scene as its not as fake as some label it to be, sure some friendships in the rave scene will be just that, left at the 'rave', but there are those people who u meet and when u meet them u know you'll still be talking to them when your old and havin a yarn to ya grand kids about the 'good ol days' hehe ... raving has changed me personally, i have become i guess a lot more out going (i was always loud and outgoing but now im more .... which could be a bad thing ... haha i never shut up!) and i feel i have been able to understand myself better and undersatnd the person i am and who i am to become, sure drugs have influenced my opinions quite a bit in life, but def. not in a bad way, if anything its allowed me to open my mind and accept those and situation i normally wouldnt in everyday life.

I do not regret anything i have done or regret anyone i have met over the past 2.5 years of raving, whether a rave had been good or bad, im thankful for everythings that happened as its made me the person i am today and allowed me to learn alot about life and who i am. I know ive still got a few years left of raving in me and until the day i finally throw my hat in ... im gonna enjoy it while i can :D

A good bunch of friends.. :)
and no it does last longer than the high ;)

More courage to be myself :) Honestly, growing up in a conservative environment I'm not given to being particularly wild but I do think outside the box compared to my contempories. The scene has helped me realise that it's ok to be that way and people will respect me even if they have different views.

Smiley:)

something to look forward to ... great friends.. exposure to a variety of music that i might not have heard.. um.. did i mention great friends? can you feel the love!?

wow.... i have gotten the best, most open and trusting friendships i have ever had, learnt a lot about myself that i had been ignoring, started to deal with my depression, become less introverted, and had a shitload of fun :)

the 'scene' has been the most positive thing to ever come into my life

I've made and lost many great friends, but the ones I have left over are indeed very special. I remember some magical moments, but I came out with more uncomfortable or costly experiences. Do I regret it? I regret the bad times, but who doesn't. The great times however made it all worth it and I have a hundred stories I can tell in years to come, even if they have at times been embarrassing.

smileyfish said:
More courage to be myself :) Honestly, growing up in a conservative environment I'm not given to being particularly wild but I do think outside the box compared to my contempories. The scene has helped me realise that it's ok to be that way and people will respect me even if they have different views.

Smiley:)

well said there smiley ;) know what ya mean here very well and crystal clear =D

Still fairly new to 'the scene', but so far the biggest thing is all the friendships- some just drug related but also a few real ones.
And all the great memories.

more openminded.
more empathy.
good memories.

was it worth it for the cash and mental cost? I would say so now. Ask me again in 40 years though.

Positive:

Drugs make you feel good.
Drug use helps you gain acceptance among friends
Drugs give you something to do
Everybody you know uses drugs
Drugs make you feel more confident
Drug use makes you feel free to be who you want to.

Negative:

Drugs may be bad for your health
Drug use may upset your family and friends
Drug use can get in the way of the other things that you want to do
Drug use is against the law
Continued drug use can damage your self-image
Dependence upon drugs can negatively shape the way that you see yourself

I met my fiance through "the scene" and hence had a beautiful baby, and I also met some nice people. But I can honestly say that no other positive things came out of it.

I've made some amazing friends, had some really fun experiences, and definitely became a lot more 'open minded', easy going and confident in many aspects of my life.

No regrets.

i learnt how to smoke a crackpipe and also woke one morning to find an ice-cube up my ass.

i spose the latter isn't good though. ;);)

^^^^^
Yeah, you learn all sorts of useful skills - not only how to smoke a crack pipe, but also how to rack up lines, how to roll a $20 note so it stays rolled, advanced mathematics required to calculate a GHB redose, and many other things that there's a distinct lack of vocational training available for...

Ive met alot of my best friends, and my bf through the 'scene' also..

Ive also gained alot of knowledge about drugs etc
i also believe that ive become alot more open minded to things..