• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anxeity - how long???

Hard Trance

Bluelighter
Anxeity - how long??? *UPDATED*

Hi,

My anxiety seems to have got better over the last 4 weeks after it started with a mixture of E and weed.

I've been off the pills since then and only drank last weekend, but was wondering how long it takes to get back to "normal" and if any of you have gone back to using E ok after a while?

I was planning maybe going back to using eventually, but cutting down a lot on my usage.

Cheers for any info.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with any psychedelic, unfortunately, it may be very hard to break a cycle of anxiety once it has begun.

Try taking a longer break than 4 weeks from all drugs that seem to aggravate your symptoms. Then see how things are after that... that's the best i can tell you. Talk to your doctor about an Rx as well, benzo's can be very effective.

Sorry i'd help you out more but i'm late for work.

I have anxiety which I think has been brought on by e. When you say it may be very hard to break the cycle of anxiety do you mean it may be something that you never get out of?

Cheers for the reply.

The only drug I have ever done is E (apart from lager) - the weed was just a one off as I've never realy done it before that time.

I'm going 2 steer clear of the pills for a while longer.

Cheers, Mark.

I suffer from anxiety (probably caused by E). I havent taken any now since April, and I'm afraid to say that I haven't really got any better. Although, there are a lot of other factors in my life at the moment which could be preventing me from recovering - mainly stress caused by several different things.

I'd definately advise you stay off em for a bit longer. You never know, you might find you lose the desire to go back to using again...

^^^ April is when my anxiety started too smileychris, and mine also has not really improved. Well, the derealisation has faded a bit, but most of my symptoms are the same. I'm getting pretty scared that it's never going to go away. I have taken Seroxat/Paxil which I'm not sure how much a part that plays in how I feel. Have you taken any ssri's?

Cheers for the replies.

I was wondering if drinking affects your anxeity as well as it seems to mine (even the 3 pints I had last night seem to make me worse again).

Guess it's time to knock the beer on the head as well (doh!!!).

Hard Trance said:
Cheers for the replies.

I was wondering if drinking affects your anxeity as well as it seems to mine (even the 3 pints I had last night seem to make me worse again).

It really is best to knock everything on the head mate! Drinking makes me feel worse too, despite a few mates that are absolutely adamant that getting pissed takes my mind off things and makes me feel better - but they wouldn't know what it felt like!

Hard Trance said:
Cheers for the replies.

I found that alcohol is the worst thing for my anxiety. I have quit completely (for the moment) as if I drink the next day(s) are too unbearable. I highly recomment that you do the same, as well as abstaining from drugs and caffine.

I recon I'm going to give in the beer as well, as yesterday I went to the hospital due to feeling faint and a tight chest.

The good thing is they ran an ECG on my heart (checked out good), did an x-ray (good) and also my heart rate was around 70 (not bad since I was stressing).

The problem was my blood pressure was high (don't know the reading, but don't think it was anything major as they said to get it checked at a doctors as it might drop (might have just been that I was stressed)) - I'm going to get that check this afternoon along with a follow-up cholesterol check.

I'm going to also try to eat more healthily/excercise more.

Can anxiety cause high blood pressure as I didn't have these problems till a certain night a few weeks ago (just wondering if I'm stressing myself out and causing it?).

I reckon I've got mad high blood pressure. My heart beat is about 80 permently, but when I get nervous I can feel my pulse all over my body (especially in my head).

Went 2 the doctors this afternoon and found my blood pressure was 164/101!

My heart beat was not too bad (57bpm when I got in there and then 70bpm on the 2nd check for blood pressure).

The also did a quick cholesterol check and they said that's normal.

They said they weren't worried too much as my heart/cholesterol check out as good.

I've got 2 go back in a couple of weeks for a more extensive blood test and also re-check my blood pressure (I'm going to try my best to get it down by then by eating a healthy breakfast (don't normally bother at-all), not drinking, excersise and trying to chill-out!)).

^^Good idea hard trance. Alcohol, when abused, can cause an increase in blood pressure and elevated risk for heart disease. This is due to ethanol's tendency to harden the artery walls (However, in moderation, i.e.- 1 to 3 drinks, it actually can do the opposite as it is a powerful blood thinner).

F***ing panic attacks!!!

I thought I'd got away without having the panuc attacks, but last night I had one and another one this morning when I was pulling up into the car park at work (I knew it was going to be a stressful day).

I've phoned in sick to work and I'm going to the doctors in a couple of hours to see what they can do.

Has the doctor given you anything that has helped?

Cheers.

there are such drugs given as benzodiazapines(e.g xanax, valium, clonazepam, lorazepam). have you been diagnosed with a panic disorder? do you suffer from symptoms such as intense fear, chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, abdominal distress, or could it be anxiety disorder just a fealing something really bad is going to happen?

-cyto

I've had a tight chest a couple of times when I've been stressed out (seems to have got worse the last few days, even though I've only been out on the beer once in 5 weeks and have been off the pills for 5 weeks).

Just been to the doctor and my blood pressure is still about the same.

I think (and the doc agreed) that it's a delayed grief reaction - my dad died suddenly in December and I've been holding it in (did not even cry at the funeral) - I guess cos I'm the oldest child I didn't want to break down.

I recon I'm getting more stressed the last couple of weeks as I came back to reality after a holiday in Ibiza (I was looking forward to it) along with the fact that it would have been his birthday next Monday and I'm going down my mums this weekend to go to the place we spread his ashes!

I cried about it for the 1st time just before I went to the doctors and that relived a lot of stress (I've had a slight pain in the middle of my back for a few days and that went instantly)!

Anyway - she did not want to give me any drugs straight away and has signed me off till the 20th when I will be going again to have my blood pressure taken - also they are looking into a bereavement councillor and stress managent person for me.

Sorry such a long post and not sure if it was the drugs that brought it on, but wanted to get it off my mind.

Cheers, Mark.

I think I'm near about over it now!!!

I haven't had a panic attack for a while and managed to keep the anxiety at bay!!!

The real test was tonight - I've been out on the beer a couple of times, but tonight I thought I'd try half a pill (after a few beers) - that was good - then I had the other half and then a 2nd whole pill about 45 mins ago - still feeling good with no anxiety!!!

See how I feel tomorrow.

Shit - a bit of anxiety for the last 20/30 mins, but looks like it's subsiding now!

Might give pills a rest for a couple more months (it was a good test anyway).

It was getting close to a panic attack, but I managed to keep it under control.

The next day my anxiety was just high until the evening.

I'm going to leave it a few more months and see how I feel then (I may experiment with having a few cups of coffee 1st and see how that stimulant works before I take a pill again).