Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mayor calls for lethal injection for drug users

Jokerswild

Bluelighter
From ABC Online 30 September 03

Controversial Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davis has called for drug addicts to be given a lethal injection to cut rising illicit drug use on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula.

Police statistics show the rate of amphetamine and marijuana use among teenagers in the region is increasing alarmingly.

Cr Davis says the use of intravenous drugs has also risen since the introduction of a local needle exchange program.

He says there should be less tolerance to both drug users and traffickers.

"I don't have a problem with the free needle exchange but the drug addict who wants to exchange a needle should be given a lethal injection," he said.

"You want the trip of your life, in fact the last trip of your life? Not a problem, come on in and we'll deal with you."

WOW.

JoKeR

:p

Is it just me, or is that kinda harsh?

Fucken redneck moron!

Remind me to remove that place from any SA holiday plans :p

For every millimeter of ground gained by harm reduction/minimisation we should expect such a fiery outburst of objection. We tend to think opponents of rational drug policy are few and far between. While that may be somewhat true, you can betcha the influential and staunch anti-drug campaigners will be those prepared to sink with their ship, fighting till the bitter end. IMO a future where sensible drug laws are accepted by virtually all of society is a long way off. The struggle really hasn't yet begun.

8( ....mmm my past in-jest comments regarding Thailand's heavy handed approach being applied here may not have been too far off the mark, at least in the eyes of Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davis 8(

Jokerswild said:

Controversial Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davis...

In my experience, when the media describe any Politician as "controversial", they really mean "moronic".

Anyone got an email address/snail mail address for Mr Davis?

Jokerswild said:

Controversial Port Lincoln Mayor Peter Davis has called for drug addicts to be given a lethal injection to cut rising illicit drug use on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula.

Police statistics show the rate of amphetamine and marijuana use among teenagers in the region is increasing alarmingly.

Cr Davis says the use of intravenous drugs has also risen since the introduction of a local needle exchange program.

He says there should be less tolerance to both drug users and traffickers.

"I don't have a problem with the free needle exchange but the drug addict who wants to exchange a needle should be given a lethal injection," he said.

"You want the trip of your life, in fact the last trip of your life? Not a problem, come on in and we'll deal with you."

WOW.

JoKeR

:p
My god. When we have *REAL* criminals (murderers, rapists, child molestors) who can get off on pathetically short jail terms, killing drug addicts who haven't necessarily committed a crime makes perfect sense to me. 8)
I mean what the fuck goes on in that mans head?

Just received via email this morning, there will no doubt be unwelcomed consequences for us if this gets through.

*** BREAKING NEWS
*** URGENT ACTION NEEDED

In a last minute effort to keep money and power flowing through the Drug Czar's office, House Republican leadership are playing political games to push a bill that would re-authorize funding for failed 'drug war' programs. Just scheduled for tomorrow (September 30th), the vote is clearly designed to keep opponents from voicing alarm. They're also trying to bring the bill up under a process known as "suspension of the rules" which limits debate to less than an hour and prohibits Representatives from offering amendments to improve the bill.

The drug war bill (HR 2086), known as the Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act, provides five more years of funding for the Drug Czar's office and its campaign to arrest drugs users. Already, the Drug Policy Alliance has worked with a number of groups to remove as many of the extreme provisions from the bill as we could. But the bill still authorizes the White House to spend over a billion dollars on anti-drug television ads - the same ads ridiculed by the public and shown to be ineffective by the government's own studies. It also contains no protections to ensure that the drug czar cannot use taxpayer money to campaign against state medical marijuana ballot measures he personally doesn't like.

If only 146 (out of 435) Representatives vote against the bill the House Republican leadership will be forced to bring the bill up under a more democratic process that will allow amendments to improve it.

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE, TUESDAY

1) Call before 6pm (EST) on Tuesday. Tell the receptionist, "I'm calling to urge my Representative to vote against HR 2086 when it comes up under suspension of the rules. Among other things, HR 2086 allows the drug czar to spend taxpayer money to influence local and state elections. By voting no, the Representative can ensure that the bill will be brought up under a process that allows amendments to improve it." Please tell us at [email protected] when you complete the call.

Call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard for free at 1-800-839-5276. (They can also tell you who your Representative is if you're not sure.You can also find out who your Representative is at http://actioncenter.drugpolicy.org/ctt.asp?u=12155&l=5663)

***Please call before 6:00pm Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, September 30th****

2) Forward this alert to your friends and family.

We regret that some of our supporters may not get this e-mail in time to act. This is precisely why drug war advocates scheduled the vote on this bill at the last minute. This is urgent so please call on Tuesday and tell others to do the same.

WTF

I hope his son becomes a drug addict and then see if he still stands by his remarks.

ALL I CAN SAY IS HARM MAXIMISATION!!!!

That's like saying that all people that go skydiving will immediatly be thrown off a cliff afterwards.

Still, there are plenty of fucktards that will vote for him based on that platform. And that's just scary... :\

Jokerswild said:

This fucking COCK-SMOKER is talking about killing teenager's, all children of PEOPLE IN HIS OWN HOME TOWN!!!
If he has any children at all, there's a good chance they be at risk themselves.

SHAME ON YOU, CUNTFACE!:X

It sounds like a joke, but its true.

I still can't beleive he has said this.
How is it possible to save lives by killing people?
I say we all go down to Port Lincoln and kick his fucking head in!

Fancy having such an uneducated man with no respect for human life to hold down a figure of authority position..:X I would love to hear this disgrace for a human be put in a position where one of his loved ones develops an addiction. Whats next sulfur in an alcoholics glass? As long as society molds them selves into Major Peter Davies we should survive!8( The thing that I find most disturbing is there'd be 1000's of his devout followers agreeing with him. Oh, I wouldn't be suprised to find that this imbecile is anti-euthanasia.

He's doing it for publicity. If he does beleive it... then i seriously hope he has son or daughter become a drug user (not abuser) and get busted publically. Hpmf. Anyone got his email?

JohnM said:
He's doing it for publicity. If he does beleive it... then i seriously hope he has son or daughter become a drug user (not abuser) and get busted publically. Hpmf. Anyone got his email?

I don't think it's for publicity - this guy is a real dickhead. I live on the EP, and know a little about him, ie: he was in the news a few years back for encouraging citizens to shoot cockatoos in the town to help control numbers.

Maybe chronically ignorant people should get lethal injections?

PS: Port Lincoln is a beautiful place - don't hate it because of one fuckwit. Hell - go there on a drug binge holiday just to piss him off :)

Did anyone here Adam and Wills comments on this on Triple J breakfast the other morning? - funny

Peter Davis is an ass licker!