• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

driving after mdma comedown

laovienax

Ex-Bluelighter
is driving shortly after a mdma comedown reasonably safe?

will your pupils still be diluted?

any experiences ?

is it reasonably safe? i'd say so, it all depends on the person though i guess. i drove coming down off the first roll i ever had, didn't have any problems at all. i know plenty of people, including myself, that have driven while still rolling and had no problems, not suggesting anyone should, but just saying. since you asked about whether your pupils would still be dialated i'm assuming you're worried about being pulled over or something. if that's the case, then don't get pulled over, and if you don't know how to do that then you shouldn't be driving anyway...

Just try not to get too paranoid or anything and you'll be fine. The last 4 or so times I rolled, I drove back from the parties/raves by myself, and I was actually more focused on my driving than I am when I'm sober. Go figure.

depends when you've comedown. if you're driving home in the morning its definitely not safe.

a person who has been awake for 17 hours exhibits the same level of impairment as someone with a blood alcohol level of 0.05 (twice as likely to crash). a person who has been awake for 24 = 0.1 (5x as likely to crash). combine that with the fact that you're physically tired from a party and coming down and no, its not safe.

people die every year driving home from parties.

and amphetamine /speed/meth doesn't fix the problem either. your response times slow DOWN on stimulants, including caffeine

personally.. I find it easier to drive when I'm on ex. Everything is much clearer and I concentrate more on driving. The bad thing is you can't zone out and enjoy your roll..

you might find it easier but studies consistently show your reaction times are slower and you make more mistakes
its called "false confidence"
same thing applies to alcohol, speed, etc

this is kinda off topic.. but I went to the doctor the other day.. and asked about allergy medicines. He talked about a lot of things, but the one thing that stuck in my head was that the older allergy medicines were just as bad as drinking and driving. Of course now, the medicines dont have any side effects. He told me that a study was done with a person drinking 3-5 beers and a person that just took an older allergy medicine and the person on allergy medicine was a lot worse than the guy that just drank.

i wouldn't drive on otc antihistimines, and i wouldn't drive coming down off of e or any other drug. you just can't trust your reaction times when not sober. it's not worth running someone over. and btw - that's where drugs and alcohol are ALWAYS most fatal - on the road.

it's probably not technically "safe" but i honestly enjoy driving on a comedown. as long as i have cigarettes, good passengers, and good music i could drive forever...

VelocideX~ where are you getting those stats? if what you're saying is true, im nearly legally drunk everytime i drive home from work

:\

it was in the australian edition of new scientist this week from memory

Depends on your condition and your driving ability. I've always driven home after/and on E. Its entirely up to you, your the only one who can tell if your compedent enough to take the wheel.

i generally just sit in the car for a while before i drive home just to pull myself together...
but if your gonna drive after you roll remember this.
YOU ARE IN NO RUSH TO GET HOME. TAKE YOUR TIME AND GET HOME ALIVE.
ive driven home at 60km/h in a 100km/h zone because i wasn't feeling so confident that morning.
so its all up to you whether you drive or take a cab whatever. just make sure your safe, and remember take your time.
my2c
DfI;)

VelocideX is correct, there was a similar study done here in the US years ago and even another one within the last few years that has the equations for the tiredness compared to an alcohol level in your blood....driving when tired even sober reduces your reaction time but after partying its much more worse and more deadly because you generally have drugs in your system that exhaust you even more.

it isnt worth the chance to drive home. have a sober friend drive you OR take a nap before going home (if feasable)

HEY PEOPLE.... im new here, phew.. glad 2 see u all nice n stuff hehe... anywayzzzz. yehh we be clubbing since 11:30 pm till 10 am or so and my mate (who has about 3 pills) drives home... its all good :)

BTW... can i ask if u guys like 100% MDMA or mixed eg caffeine and mdma and mdx etc ? :p ta peeps, i love u guys

i hate to be an ass, but it really makes me fucking mad when i hear about people taking drugs, partying all night and then driving home. it's stupid, dangerous, and you put yourselves and others around you at terrible, terrible risk. If you want to risk your own life, that's one thing, but once you drive, you become a threat to EVERYONE around you.

There is NO excuse. Take a cab, get a friend to pick you up. If you take drugs and then drive and wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself, so be it - you took a stupid risk and now you pay. But what happens when you miss that stop sign and sideswipe a car full of kids and kill some of them???

PLEASE PEOPLE - you talk so much on this site about responsible drug use and safety and testing and harm reduction - if you're just going to hit the road after a night of partying and drugging, what the fuck is the point???

DO NOT DRIVE.

Im Totally on Cremaster's side. Even the fact that you have been up all night partying for so many hours makes it impair your ability to drive home, the only car accident i've been in after clubbing was with a sober driver who stayed up all night at the rave... ... ...YES SOBER... .. .. & im lucky to have made it out of that alive. His car was a total wreck.

I cannot stress more on how irresponsible it is to take ecstasy & than get in your car and drive after the nights over. Your brains hardly thinking straight after a few pills and your really clouded after you comedown from E, how are you supposed to make good driving judgements? I guess no one really thinks it can happen to them until it does, & its a sad thing. Do you want to be responsible for killing someone else? or even a passenger in your car all because you wanted to drive intoxicated? Sorry to preach, its not my normal thing but this truely pisses me off.

Be smart and call a taxi, get a friend to pick you up, try to ask someone to stay sober throughout the night, or whatever else it takes. One time i had to leave my car at the party cause i was in no condition to drive, i had my dad come get me and my mom came and got my car and drove it home. ( and im 19 ). Yeah that may not be an option for some but its better than ending up dead or going to jail for crashing into someone and killing them. Also on a sidenote i've had 3 seperate friends get pulled over after a party & the cops will know somethings up when your pupils are the size of pennys. Needless to say you might as well have been caught driving drunk cause you will get rolled. Just my $0.2 please be careful people! =D this was not a personal attack on anyone, just my opinion i hope you take into consideration.

Cremaster said:
i hate to be an ass, but it really makes me fucking mad when i hear about people taking drugs, partying all night and then driving home. it's stupid, dangerous, and you put yourselves and others around you at terrible, terrible risk. If you want to risk your own life, that's one thing, but once you drive, you become a threat to EVERYONE around you.

There is NO excuse. Take a cab, get a friend to pick you up. If you take drugs and then drive and wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself, so be it - you took a stupid risk and now you pay. But what happens when you miss that stop sign and sideswipe a car full of kids and kill some of them???

PLEASE PEOPLE - you talk so much on this site about responsible drug use and safety and testing and harm reduction - if you're just going to hit the road after a night of partying and drugging, what the fuck is the point???

DO NOT DRIVE.

Is there any more to say on this subject? Nice post.

No, It's not safe, those who say it is like to believe it is safe because they are the people (idiots) who drive under the influence.