• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone, Ambien and Diazepam

jca1985

Greenlighter
Hi, I feel so ashamed writing this as I have never told anyone about this. For the last year or so, I have not gone a day without taking zopiclone, ambien or diazepam and I fear I am addicted. The thing is I am not sure I am ready to stop. However, I am moving country for my husband's job in just over a month where I will not be able to get hold of these meds and I am scared. I am scared of not being able to get any and I am scared of what will happen to me if I stop taking them.

Can anyone help me?

you do not want to suddenly stop taking these meds. are you getting them from a doctor? if so, let them know about your situation asap. if not, can you see one?

theres no reason to be ashamed man, it can happen to anyone
now, how much were you taking? like, the amounts? cause you need to figure out a taper - stopping cold turkey can be dangerous with benzos and z-drugs

If you have over a month before you leave try tapering down. Beat wishes.

DEFINITELY taper. Very important. After a year of daily use of gaba agonists, you're definitely addicted and the withdrawals are potentially very dangerous. I strongly urge you not to go cold turkey off this.

DON'T GO COLD TURKEY.
The valium should be enough to stop the seizures that might come. But don't quote me on that. I was on Xanax for 5 years and klonopin for 2 years. Even dosing down the xanax by .25 mg's gave me life-threatening seizures. Tried so many places to get off of it. Finally they checked me into the hospital and I spent 5 days under observation given the barbituate phenobarbital. Sent me home with 5 of those pills, and I was good to go with the seizures. I still was in withdrawals for a month or two. Even a year later things still kinda sucked. Now it's much better a few years later. I will mention I took xanax for like 3 days a few months ago and had another seizure coming off of that because of my past addiction to it.I don;t have seizures BTW, strickly from withdrawal. Try to ween yourself if possible, but you should really go to a hospital or detox center if you want to quit. SOrry, wish I had better news. Seriously be careful. Peace,

Thanks for all responses
I haven't taken substances consistently for a year
I didn't take any thing for about 6 weeks a couple of years ago and I was okalthough I did crave it and felt fuzzy headed for a few days. I'm planning on taking one less each day or two for the next few weeks and hoping that will be ok.

Sorry typo I meant I didn't take anything for 6 weeks a couple of months ago in March/April this year