View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Young age for mushrooms/psychedelics

Marxist123

Greenlighter
Hello, I am sure this has been asked multiple time and time again, but nevertheless I am curious as too whether or not mushrooms would destroy my general personality. I am 15, have smoked pot very rarely, maybe 10 times tops. Have drank very rarely maybe 6 times tops. I'm not a heavy substance user, never have been. The opportunity has arrived to take shrooms with my sibling who has done it before. I am excited, but also skeptical. I don't believe he understands that I don't want it to be a "get f---ed up" drug. I want this to be a learning experience. I realize this is a big step up from marijuana but it's an opportunity not every one can get. He thinks I'm phsycologically ready, and I believe I am too, but I could also be just an ignorant teen. Is my psyche to brittle to be taking 3 grams of mushrooms at such a young age? I mean I'm already considered weird and strange by everyone around me. I get called to mature for my generation. All that set aside, I want this learning experience, to have an either breakdown or build up for the questions I have in my head, to talk to myself from a different perspective, but is my psyche ready, or to unstable?
Please do note this is my first post and I'm just a curious kid so please forgive my hastened approach to ask this question. Thank you!

I took tons of psychedelics when I was 15 and know plenty of people who had as well. Nothing bad happened to any of us. Some may advise you to wait but honestly the likelyhood of something bad happening is very low. I still think most people should wait until at least 16 though.

This will be the third thread I post this in, but I really really like the way I got things down with this:

My advice, coming from someone who started with DMT at 16, shrooms at 17, and LSD at 18, is to wait. While psychedelics have made me into a much more loving and aware individual, they have totally fucked me in other ways.

At your age you're still developing a sense of identity, an identity that is necessary to navigate the world which we live in. If you go taking psychedelics before you have fully formed your sense of self it will blow that out of the water and then next thing you know who have no idea who you are anymore when you didn't even know in the first place. And then figuring out who you are becomes 10x harder than it ever would have been had you waited until you'd developed that full sense of self and then tripped.

Please believe me. While I appreciate how they have advanced me spiritually, emotionally, and mentally, all of that could have happened 5 years later and made everything else so much easier to develop.

I would wait at least a year, if not more.

I first took LSD at 16, and I did not take it again until I was 19 and an adult. I also took mushrooms at 18 and was OK with taking them as an adult then, and not as a teenager. I did use cannabis on and off as a teenager and that's a psychedelic; but I did not abuse it or get into smoking it daily for years like some people do.

Last edited:
This will be the third thread I post this in, but I really really like the way I got things down with this:

I'd say that you shouldn't generalize. I've been taking psychedelics since age 14 and have never had identity issues. I'd even say I know much more about who I am now than ever before. lemme get this straight though, I'm not denying that it happens, it's a very real possibility but I think it heavily depends on you personally.

Took shit loads of 25i 2cb and lsd at 14 I'm now 15 and I'm fine except for minor hppd but I think that from how often I did it this is my first post btw I'm a doing it right lol :)