• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Yes, more Kratom questions

Kid Amine

Bluelighter
I've UTFSE here, and there are too many posts, even megathreads on kratom. Since Id rather not join another forum just to ask a few basic (and perhaps not so basic) questions, here goes:

What are its effects? Everything Ive read says 'light stimulant at low doses to sedating at higher', but much of this seems to be copy pasted and not personally verified. Ive read many say it doesnt work or is worthless, still others have compared it to oxy+MDMA and like it better than opiates, with everything in between. This is a pretty fkn huge range. I know it comes in almost infinite varieties and like any wild product can vary a 10+ fold in active ingredients (amanita mushrooms come to mind there). ARE THERE ANY "STANDARD" EFFECTS FROM KRATOM? Ive never done it before but have done almost everything it has been compared to.

Best way to take it? Best for me means 'least awful tasting' and 'fastest'. To that end, making a whole bunch of caps out of powder is beyond my patience range atm. btw, I will be getting powder (plantation Ma Daeung I think is how it's spelled) fwiw. A friend of mine says the stuff goes airborne easily, smells like dill, and tastes like dill and tea... accurate?

Best strain? I'm more interested in its sedative (opiate or benzo) or euphoric (mdma, lol) qualities, if any one possess this/these over another in any appreciable amount. I do not want speedy qualities unless they are 'smooth', like a good rush of energy w/o all the geeking out that most stims have.

I know legal and DT questions arent allowed here, so Ill skip those...

How long does the effect(s) last? 4-6 hours seems a good number... any BL'ers that can elaborate?

Dose? This is the biggest variant Ive seen so far. I know that it depends on strength of the parent plant, and this is difficult if not impossible to know, but is 2g a decent starting dose? Some guides/sites recommend anywhere from .5 to 5g, most with a max of 10 for a day or dose... accurate?

If there's anything else I should know about it, please post.

No way man these are BASIC BASIC BASIC questions you didn't search ANYTHING.

GRRR I can't believe I am doing it anyways:

1) It feels like a opiate I have never felt the so called stim effect.
2) I use to use capsules or just mix my powdered leaf in as little water possible and just chug that shit down, it taste disgusting no matter what you do, and tea just doesn't do shit. You need all the plant matter.
3) Strains different for everybody you gonna have to find out for yourself.
4) ~3-8 IMO
5) My first dose I think was 2 grams and that was based on my opiate tolerance at the time.
6) And yes there is, I was not kidding that most of this is SUPER basic information to find. Just by using google. But you can also type kratom + bluelight into google find everything. Or you could go through the megathread. Then there is also Erowid, look it up read reports.

With ~500 posts you should know better. Shame shame shame.

Yeah these are the basics. But I'll put my input in too lol

I prefer red strains for their sedative effects. Dosed at 3 grams, I get a nice buzz wich is strong enough to knock me out after a couple hours of relaxing and listining to music. Definite pain killer effects, as I have back issues after a bad crash and when I'm on kratom it all just disapears.

I have experienced stimulant effects from green strains, but only at low doses. I use kratom maybe twice a month so tolerance hasn't been an issue as I also use no other opiates. I would suggest you read around some more. These questions could've been answered with literally one search.

Mad Dash, ty for the post, tho searching "kratom" here or google gives very different results. Its impossible to trust vendors as they'll say anything. I did check my old favorite erowid tho many of the trip reports are combos with other drugs, which I wont be doing.

There are at least 4 kratom megathreads here, most over 1k pages long and filled with a lot of irrelevant posts. Thank you for a relevant answer from someone experienced and impartial to me, it means a lot. Especially about the tea, which is probably how I would have went. I did also go 10 or 15 pages back in OD and found only 1 thread on kratom, with one post.

eta: ty too Joey. Perhaps my search was too broad or I weighed trip reports of 'lesser' sites with better ones.

Everyone here is telling the truth. For me, since I've really never been into opiates,it's an instant mood enhancer. I like powerder vs capsule bc you get a LOT for your money. Just be careful bc it IS addictive, but nothing a little lopermaide won't get ride of as far as withdrawals, which don't last long.

Not 30 minutes after my last post, my kratom arrived...wasnt expecting it until next week. anyway, I took ~8g of powder, didnt do anything for me. stomach not upset, no effects of any kind noted other than a very slight odd feeling about 45 minutes in. Had a pen and paper out to make a trip report, but wound up writing "nothing" and ditto marks under that every 15 minutes. Im not discounting it yet tho as I had some god H in the last 48 and it may be reducing any w/d effects tho I dont do it enough anymore to usually get them. I'll try it again next week.

and Mad Dash was right; it's fkn nasty. I didnt have anything really good to mask the taste so I mixed it in with a chocolate pudding. and it tasted like I mixed dill-flavored concrete dust with chocolate pudding. I think a tea with lemon and sugar might be palatable. or maybe oatmeal.

Not 30 minutes after my last post, my kratom arrived...wasnt expecting it until next week. anyway, I took ~8g of powder, didnt do anything for me. stomach not upset, no effects of any kind noted other than a very slight odd feeling about 45 minutes in. Had a pen and paper out to make a trip report, but wound up writing "nothing" and ditto marks under that every 15 minutes. Im not discounting it yet tho as I had some god H in the last 48 and it may be reducing any w/d effects tho I dont do it enough anymore to usually get them. I'll try it again next week.

and Mad Dash was right; it's fkn nasty. I didnt have anything really good to mask the taste so I mixed it in with a chocolate pudding. and it tasted like I mixed dill-flavored concrete dust with chocolate pudding. I think a tea with lemon and sugar might be palatable. or maybe oatmeal.

I find that kratom after using h won't be felt for about 4 days after said h usage / binge, but it does keep the withdrawals away, and after about 4 days you begin to feel the kratom again.

I guess I should have also mentioned you wont feel it the first time, or maybe even the first couple of times... for whatever reason it like to build itself up in your system. But then one day out of nowhere BOOM it just hit you out of nowhere.

I guess I should have also mentioned you wont feel it the first time, or maybe even the first couple of times... for whatever reason it like to build itself up in your system. But then one day out of nowhere BOOM it just hit you out of nowhere.

normally id call bs on this but the exact same thing happened to me with pot... took a few times (not back to back) and then I felt its effects.

Ive got 50gr of this stuff left, 40g of the ma deung and a sample pack of something else. considering my last attempt nearly made me puke pudding thru my nose, Im open to suggestions on how to prepare the stuff. yes, Ive read parachuting and tea, easy enough... my question now is this: does any particular extraction method pull out more of the 'downer' effects of kratom? I know some of the alkaloids are not very water soluble. I dont really care if I waste some this time around.

normally id call bs on this but the exact same thing happened to me with pot... took a few times (not back to back) and then I felt its effects.

Ive got 50gr of this stuff left, 40g of the ma deung and a sample pack of something else. considering my last attempt nearly made me puke pudding thru my nose, Im open to suggestions on how to prepare the stuff. yes, Ive read parachuting and tea, easy enough... my question now is this: does any particular extraction method pull out more of the 'downer' effects of kratom? I know some of the alkaloids are not very water soluble. I dont really care if I waste some this time around.

shake it up with orange juice in a shaker cup with 3-6 ounces of OJ and chug, completely masks flavor and you don't get dry kratom caught in your throat.

shake it up with orange juice in a shaker cup with 3-6 ounces of OJ and chug, completely masks flavor and you don't get dry kratom caught in your throat.

thx! I was looking for something to mask the flavor, completely forget i had OJ and pineapple juice leftover. im guessing the acidity helps leach out the alkaloids as well.

Yea, I agree with everyone. I prefer the Maneg Da myself and I acutally keep some around to help with pain relief when my prescription meds wont work. The powder is the best for your money, but if you want to go with capsules and arent buying in bulk I highly reccomend Kratom Therapy brand capsules. They are really consistant.

Generally the go-to strain for sedation is Bali - it's the strain that I use the most by far. Most vendors sell it for slightly less than the other strains, which is also cool.

The orange juice method is good if you can't handle the taste. Personally I usually just use water, but orange juice is what I go to if I don't feeling like tasting it. I've never noticed and appreciable increase in effects using OJ though.

huh??i felt it the first time..not sure where u get that idea from where it needs to build up in your system as its completely wrong..

kid anime-if you want relaxation and euphoria, i have found that green Malay is the best ..superior red dragon is also good..

when it comes to kratom, dont expect a high like oxycontin or heroin..kratom is just a very subtle feeling, i wouldnt even call it a high really..it just boosts mood and energy..it makes doing tedious/boring things not so bad..if you are looking to get high or feel a rush, then look elsewhere..if you are looking for something to boost mood a little and increase energy and make those long hours at work go by faster, then kratom is your guy..plus, its a very very good pain reliever..i suffer from chronic back pain and kratom eliminates it better than many scripted opiods ive taken in the past..dont ask me how or why but it does..lol

huh??i felt it the first time..not sure where u get that idea from where it needs to build up in your system as its completely wrong..

kid anime-if you want relaxation and euphoria, i have found that green Malay is the best ..superior red dragon is also good..

when it comes to kratom, dont expect a high like oxycontin or heroin..kratom is just a very subtle feeling, i wouldnt even call it a high really..it just boosts mood and energy..it makes doing tedious/boring things not so bad..if you are looking to get high or feel a rush, then look elsewhere..if you are looking for something to boost mood a little and increase energy and make those long hours at work go by faster, then kratom is your guy..plus, its a very very good pain reliever..i suffer from chronic back pain and kratom eliminates it better than many scripted opiods ive taken in the past..dont ask me how or why but it does..lol

It is not completely wrong, for some people that is how it works. That is how it happened to me, most of my friends. Even when I would go on a year long break from kratom and come back to it I would still not feel much on the first go around, usually second or third time to REALLY feel it. Try not to live in a world of absolutes, ESPECIALLY when it comes to drugs. What works for you is going to be completely different for others sometimes.

if i remember correctly i like the red strains the best but white was good to, but you gotta try em to find the one you like the best,

they can be stimulating and feels like an opiate but not exactly like an opiate but its very similar, depending on the type of strain and quality of strain will of course will determine how strong it feels and lasts i remember it lasting like 3-5 hours its been a bit since ive used it.

but id compare it more to codeine not oxy, and more like codeine and speed paste or something not oxy and mdma haha.
sometimes it can feel better than codeine though so.
i used to cap up the powder since i hated chugging the stuff. i always buy the powder way better to get good quality stuff and better prices to.

and google for dose, i cant remember the dose and it depends on strain/quality.

Last edited: