• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax not having effect

BigDog2025

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight, this is my first post but I am very familiar with the forums as I have gotten tons of advice from you all. My reason for posting this is because I am new to Xanax and I don't plan on using often or at all in the future, but I took my first dose of 1.5mg a few days ago and I had a very enjoyable experience from what I remember ;) so I wanted to try it again. I took 1.5mg today but I also took 40mg of omeprazole an hour before because I heard it potentials Xanax and I wanted to see what higher doses are like. I waited an hour for it to set in. Strangely, I didn't feel anything whatsoever so I took another 1mg of Xanax. It has been an hour since I took the 1mg of Xanax and I feel slightly tired and slow, but none of the euphoria or other feelings that accompanied my first time. I would just like some insight as to what I did wrong. Was it the omeprazole? Did I take too large of a dose for a beginner? I appreciate any advice you guys have for me because I am very disappointed that I wasted 2.5mg of Xanax tonight :p.

Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited:
cant say if it was the omeprazole or not but if you want to potentiate xanax just pop tagamet 45 mins before ur xanax. Some people say drink grapefruit juice but i find it doesn't do anything

I've heard that Tagamet and grapefruit potentate it so that is something I will consider next time I dose, but I'm mainly just trying to understand why I'm not feeling any recreational effects from 2.5mg

With repeated use, benzo euphoria definitely goes away. Maybe you're an unlucky one where that happened very quickly?

It's not the omeprazole, imo. But tagamet, as another poster pointed out, is the otc potentiator I've seen most recommended

I'm planning on dosing some Xanax soon but while I'm high on weed, what dosage do you guys think would be best for me to have a good time? I don't really get the super tired feeling from xans and i smoke sativa so I'm not worried about being slumped.

And if the Xanax still doesn't work for me while high I'll know for sure that it's just not my drug so I'll stay away from it for good and stick to smokin tree

Hey guys, if we could take a quick moment, I just want to make a little Public Service Announcement regarding threads of this nature. Granted, we have rules here that are enforced pretty liberally, but at the end of the day, we do use the scientific method here to help people use drugs in a safe and fairly responsible manner. So, while I am definitely curious about why your experiences varied in such a way, please take a second to consider the fact that this not actually an issue that we can solve remotely through the forums.

It could be any of dozens of variables that led to the experience being subjectively different. When we get into issues like "why do I not feel this way", we simply can't answer that. It's a completely subjective endeavor and this goes without noting the fact that Benzodiazepines are known for their remarkably subtle and sometimes unnoticeable effects.

It's almost hallmark of Benzodiazepines that the user doesn't truly understand how intoxicated they are. Beyond that, there's nothing physical/literal/tangible thing that we can say.

This entire site is filled with threads crammed with subjective input that has nothing to do with the scientific method, as well as issues that can't be remotely solved. I think most BLers tend to aggregate the individual experiences of others, for better or worse.

^ Keif' is right- we prefer to field questions that can be quantified. (such as dosing, tolerance & combinations)

Big Dog, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just that you can't count on feeling euphoria with these drugs. Tolerance builds quickly. I'm one of those people that just gets sleepy on benzos. If you took a longer break from Xanax, you may feel that same good feeling again and you might not. ;)

Where did you get them from? You don't state that you got them from a Dr.

Take it and don't think about the effects. Don't get high on them either. Make sure there from a Dr.

I'm planning on dosing some Xanax soon but while I'm high on weed, what dosage do you guys think would be best for me to have a good time? I don't really get the super tired feeling from xans and i smoke sativa so I'm not worried about being slumped.

Take it as a blessing in disguise. Xanax/Benzo addiction is pure evil. For some users/abusers it takes years to fully recover.

Your doctors a dealer? Oh i forgot they are legal dealers. That's sad about the platient dying.

To be clear, my psychiatrist had a patient who purchased "xanax" online and died as a result of shitty pills. Black market is full of drugs that aren't what they are claimed to be. The question of OPs source is begged when 2.5 mg, on only second use, yields zero results.