• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax euphoria onto canvas

Poison_peach98

Greenlighter
Hi,

This might be a little bit of an unusual one as I’m here for the purpose of art research. I’m currently helping a friend who is a recovering Xanax addict. I’m a painter and my work is usually taken from real life experiences, mainly negative ones. I’ve never really been a drug user myself but his journey to recovery and then recent relapse has inspired (though I feel that is too positive of a word) me to immortalise this experience in a painting.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences with this drug and try if you could to explain what the high feels like so I can translate it into my work. I don’t want to ask my friend because as I’m sure you understand, this is a very touchy subject.
Thanks in advance! Stay safe everyone. :)

It starts with a relief of tension. Both psychological and muscular. If taken in higher amounts it progresses into a state similar to alcohol induced state, just with more sedation and less euphoria. Feeling of not being impaired while being really impaired is very usual. Loss of inhibition arises and user starts making bad choices. If not in safe environment user can act really dangerous, like driving impaired, talking really stupid things and picking fights. Often, due to amnesia caused by Xanax user doesn't remember all the trouble he caused to himself and others night before.

So it is like a more sedating and less euphoric "alcohol pill". It starts with anxiety reduction and body relaxation which can be perceived as euphoric. It progresses to loss of inhibition and acting impulsive. From there it goes either to sleep or to making trouble and then sleep. If combined with alcohol it is double trouble due to potentiation of all bad effects. But that is another story.

If used as intended than it all stops with anxiety reduction and body relaxation.

Benzodiazepines are a class of drug that are much more "euphoric" to someone that has genuine anxiety. You feel extremely loose, relaxed and drowsy. All of your worries melt away. You are confident and uninhibited. You can ask out your crush with no anxiety. Suddenly you don't have a problem in the world. Nothing can bother you. For an anxiety sufferer it feels like being superman. Being normal.... and then you usually do something stupid and get in trouble.

Then one day they pull the plug. They take your pills and you are thrust into pure hell of withdrawal and anxiety that was 5x worse than you ever experienced before taking it.

Xanax is a false promise in a pill. You can't take them forever, and when you stop your anxiety is worse than before you started for the rest of your life. It's quite insidious. Then again, it's an EXTREMELY valuable medicinal tool... but they are never a long term solution to any problem.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm moving this to Basic Drug Discussion, as it is not a trip report. Welcome to Bluelight!