• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc xanax and zolpidem

lsdaamn

Greenlighter
I have problems sleeping so my friend gave me a few small red pills which he said would help. I took one at 8 or 9pm and it knocked me out till 7am. I was happy that I might of found a working sleep aid but didn't like how long it made me sleep. A few days later I broke one in half to see if it wouldn't last so long but it did nothing. I was wondering if I took a .25mg of xanax with would it help?

What were the small red pills you took? You really should not be taking drugs like that without even knowing what they are, that's incredibly reckless and dangerous.

No Im not a idiot I looked them up and they're zolpidem 5mg. It says the name in the title.

Zolpidem is incredibly short acting, it's got like a 2 hour half life.

I got lucky then but I also didn't sleep the day before. Just solved my problem of why I slept so long. Lol but still is it ok to mix it with xanax?

I dunno thats like saying if i smoke weed and drop some speed will i sleep....Xanax is not used for sleep. Quite the opposite. Im pretty sure the mix wont hurt and im pretty sure the mix would be pointless for the purpose you are needing it for.

It always makes me drowsy but ill try it tonight as a experiment.

If zolpidem works for you at a 10mg dose but wears off too quickly, consider trying the extended release formulation. Adding alprazolam, which is also short acting, will only knock you out harder initially and then also wear off.

I dunno thats like saying if i smoke weed and drop some speed will i sleep....Xanax is not used for sleep. Quite the opposite. Im pretty sure the mix wont hurt and im pretty sure the mix would be pointless for the purpose you are needing it for.

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure your analogy is flawed. I can't imagine anyone staying awake after mixing ambien and xanax.

Alprazolam is prescribed all the time for insomnia; especially for those who have trouble falling asleep but not necessarily staying asleep. 0.25-0.5mg is the standard starting dose for this indication.

completely not true...xanax is often prescribed by doctors as a sleep aid AND anti-anxiety. Benzos in general will knock you out especially in higher doses. They are the first thing the nurses/paramedics inject you with to sedate you

Yes it is safe to combine ambien and xanax in small doses. Ambien agonizes 1 of the 3 types of benzo receptors and has a very similar structure

Well in that case i apologise for any misinformation it just must be my own personal reaction to the drug. It does not induce sleep with me it makes me ten times more sociable and sociably active, i could never imagine using it for sleep. it also makes me very aggressive. I do believe i tried stabbing a bus while on copious amounts of xanax Lol...True story.

Xanax can have different effects on different people. Sometimes it's mind set or physical response. I have had Benadryl make me have energy and put me to sleep. I have had the same response to Xanax.

But for the most part Xanax calms me down and I fall a sleep hard on 0.25mg dosage.

I would not try mixing ambien and Xanax. It can cause Respritory depression.

Well I took 5mg zolpidem an hour apart after I split in two and took 1mg of xanax. It put me too sleep and I was able to wake up when I needed to.

Being experienced in both mixing with and without alcohol I find it interesting how little these two substances cross tolerate. I have taken breaks from both and just used one and I can tell you just b/c I can eat 5 bars and not feel anything if I have not used ambien in a while 10mg will do me good. I wouldnt reccommend going over 10mgs with ambien as it has a hangover effect.

Combining xanax with ambien is what's known as overkill, its not like mixing cannabis with speed IMO, at all, it's like taking two benzodiazepines pretty much, I would be very surprised if the OP was unable to sleep on the two.

I have a hard time sleeping on xanex. I will try taking 5mg zolpidem tonight for the first time after taking my 2mg xan during the day.

"combining xanax with ambien is what's known as overkill, its not like mixing cannabis with speed IMO, at all, it's like taking two benzodiazepines pretty much, I would be very surprised if the OP was unable to sleep on the two."

^This. The imidazopyrides are basically synthetic benZodiazepines(or, more accurately Benzo receptor agonist).

Ambien is selective for the A2 subtype,(*) so it is more relaxing, w/ stronger sedative/hypnotic effect, and some anxiolysis, I think.

But 5mg is a low dose, and it wears off fast. Maybe you're a poor metabolizer of whatever CYP.

Xanax is a fast acting, potent benzo w/ a short to intermediate duration of action, half-life 8-20h, Zolpidem fast acting, short duration, T1/2 2-5h I think. And quite mild.

0.5mg Xanax = 15-20 Ambien.

And Alprazolam is wrote for sleep, but Ambien and TemaZepan are pretty much the hypnotics of choice.

I'd try 0.5mg Xanax as needed, otherwise you"ll get used to 5mg Ambien. Or just take 0.25 Xanax.

i dont know what benefit the combo would give, if your going for a shorter acting hypnotic.

I have problems sleeping so my friend gave me a few small red pills which he said would help. I took one at 8 or 9pm and it knocked me out till 7am. I was happy that I might of found a working sleep aid but didn't like how long it made me sleep. A few days later I broke one in half to see if it wouldn't last so long but it did nothing. I was wondering if I took a .25mg of xanax with would it help?

The 5mg zolpidem probably didn't have much to do with the sleep - you said you didn't sleep a wink the night before, so that was probably the most important piece of the puzzle.

But, if you mixed 0.25mg alprazolam w/ 5mg zolpidem, I highly doubt it would be problematic, even with no tolerance. The thing is, the two drugs are VERY similar so there really is no point in mixing them, like taking H then oxy on top. Wasteful, unnecessary.

Try 10mg zolpidem if you can't sleep. That is the usual dose, if I'm not mistaken. Try to steer clear of alprazolam, it's a treacherous drug. You start at 0.5mg and a few months later you need 2-4mg to achieve the same effect, then when you stop you have Parkinson's and insomnia for two weeks.

Zolpidem is probably similar; I hear doctors usually only prescribe it for a short while and rotate it out due to tolerance/the need for dose escalation.

If you have severe insomnia, I'd suggest a longer acting benzo like diazepam. With alprazolam and zolpidem you run the risk of waking up when it wears off (3-4 hours after you've fallen asleep) and then if you take more you'll oversleep and wake up groggy.

And since diazepam is also a benzo and can result in the same w/d problems as alprazolam, I'd rotate it out for something else after a few weeks so you don't get physically dependent on anything.