• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wtf is acid reflux

d1nach

Bluelighter
I always see ads for acid reflux and have no idea what they are talking bout. Is it like after drinking coffee i spit up sour mucus cause i just assumed that was called mornings and every 4 hours when i drink more?

This is a serious question i never get burning chest am i just so used to heartburn i dont even see it as abnormal?

It's when stomach acid moves up into your esophagus. That's what's giving you heartburn. I've had it for years and when it gets bad, (mostly at night when I'm asleep) it wakes me up with that awful burning liquid. If this happens to you frequently, see your doctor. They may want to perform an endoscopy. In the meantime, watch what you eat/drink before you go to bed. Coffee, fatty foods and chocolate are big trigger for me.

(BDD -------- > Healthy Living)

That makes alot of sense my entire diet is coffee fatty foods and chocolate. So I just assumed that wasnt acid reflux that was normal.

The long-form name is GERD... gastro-esophageal reflux disease. (Might be spelling it wrong.)

There is a valve (a sphincter) where your esophagus ends and your stomach begins. It should normally stay closed so that acid doesn't go back up. In people with reflux, stomach acid enters the lower esophagus which wasn't designed to handle stomach acid, and it gets burned. Over the long term, the sphincter and lower esophagus can become diseased. Some people have to get it removed. Some people develop cancer in that area.

Taking digestive enzymes can help, along with changing diet. More cooling foods, like raw veggies and their juices. Diets high in fat and sugar going to lead to more acid.

mucus from coffee alone is unusual, though milk is commonly known for causing an increase in mucus. heartburn can be caused by either too much or too little stomach acid production. too much stomach acid can be remedied with baking soda in water and too little can be remedied with a water loaded with lemon juice or ascorbic acid, or even a strong ginger tea. this sort of thing can be a symptom of underlying digestive issues (i.e. see doctor), cutting down on sugar and greatly increasing leafy greens (especially bitter ones) help though i wouldn't agree with reducing fat as that can lead to an increase in blood sugar and inadequate emptying of the gallbladder at meals.

I get this bad because I've got multiple food intolerances. Unfortunately GP's couldn't give a single shit. They just diagnosed me with IBS (cause currently unknown) and tried to put me on medication, rather than encouraging me to control my diet.

If you drink a lot of alcohol and eat like shit you can give yourself esophagitis like me.

I basically a gallon of black coffee and eat lying down so makes sense lol

Fyi

Chamomile with stevia makes a very alkaline drink which can help with acid reflux

Also watermelon is one of the most alkaline foods there is

I use stevia as a enema lol id believe it helps a upset stomach because it does a great job at relaxing my lower intenstinal spasms. Its not like glycerol i use a 5 to 10 percent solution and it kinda feels like icy hot without the hot like it cools then relaxes.

Fizzy drinks will do it
Smoking and drinking will do it
Canned tuna will do it
Churrizo's and other salami's will do it

I tend to find it hits me the worst when I drink and smoke. I've seen cut down to lower carb beers and don't really have an issue if I don't drink and smoke every day.

I think I got my problem from consuming too many fizzy drinks in late teens early 20's.

I am now 31 and wish I didn't have this problem as it can put a damper to your night as sometimes anti reflux medication doesn't work.

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing that's ever given me heartburn is alcohol abuse.

Sprinkle a chamomile tea bag on soil and fresh chamomile will sprout. Zero maintenance required. :)

Wow thank you

Did you also know that its considered 'the plant dr' if you grow it near other plants its meant to help keep them healthy

Lol what have you actuallu done it does that mean if I sprinkle green tea I can grow that?!?!? How does chamomile survive processing