• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would love an experts opinion on my cold water extraction procedure for T1s

jaydenleeann

Greenlighter
I have been doing CWE for a couple years now and haven't had any issues in terms of side effects or anything like that
But I am a perfectionist and also second guess myself a lot. So could someone please confirm I am doing this in the best way possible? Or offer tips on if I can be more efficient/proper.
I use tylenol 1s -each have 8mg of codeine in them and I use 50 per CWE. I crush them into a very fine powder using a coffee grinder. Then I dissolve them in WARM water with minimal volume, probably 100mL ish?? Then stick it in freezer until the point right before freezing. Then I strain it using a coffee filter and voila. The content is sometimes cloudy but I have read that that can be due to the pill coating seeping through. Sometimes it is very clear. Either way, I drink it. Usually I make 2 drinks out of it.

Any suggestions for me? I just don't wanna be doing any damage by somehow consuming too much tylenol etc

Last edited:
The Cold Water Extraction method for Codeine tablets is generally considered to be efficient and safe. However, it's not a laboratory-grade process and is thus likely to be imperfect. I think you can assume that a small fraction of APAP could end up in the end solution. This amount appears to be negligible in regard to a person's health. I know people who have done CWE's for years. I've never heard anyone who has experience with CWE's later come forward with liver issues, which s what APAP would cause.

If you ask my opinion, I think the process can be considered safe. I would feel irresponsible basing this off of only the points that I've made here in this thread, namely "I've heard it's fine and I've never heard of any problems". This is valuable knowledge, but I wouldn't base someone's long-term health on this statement.

I'm not sure what more could be done regarding your technique. Performing the process carefully as you're doing is likely as good as it gets without employing a more elaborate process. We'll see if you get any other information from people more experienced than myself.

The Cold Water Extraction method for Codeine tablets is generally considered to be efficient and safe. However, it's not a laboratory-grade process and is thus likely to be imperfect. I think you can assume that a small fraction of APAP could end up in the end solution. This amount appears to be negligible in regard to a person's health. I know people who have done CWE's for years. I've never heard anyone who has experience with CWE's later come forward with liver issues, which s what APAP would cause.

If you ask my opinion, I think the process can be considered safe. I would feel irresponsible basing this off of only the points that I've made here in this thread, namely "I've heard it's fine and I've never heard of any problems". This is valuable knowledge, but I wouldn't base someone's long-term health on this statement.

I'm not sure what more could be done regarding your technique. Performing the process carefully as you're doing is likely as good as it gets without employing a more elaborate process. We'll see if you get any other information from people more experienced than myself.
Thanks, I appreciate the reassurance!

Yeah Kief nailed it. I mean you are doing the cwe perfectly in my opinion..
Let's see 50 pills, 8mg codeine...and how much apap is in each pill? We can do a bit of math and take the apap mg X 50pills to see how much apap you are really dealing with.
Then we can make a guesstimation on how much apap that could possibly be getting through your filter(we will never really know) which brings me to my next question, what kind of filter are you using? Coffee filter(which would take for fucking ever), a cheese cloth? Sorry if I missed this part I skim pretty fast sometimes..I like to use a thin t-shirt, so it filters quickly, then at the end I squeeze the shit out of the shirt containing the apap, to make sure I get all of the liquid out! But yeah the longer you let it sit in water the better I believe, bc opiates are water soluble so the longer, the better extract but KEY is freezer and pulling it RIGHT BEFORE it actually freezes, which sounds like you pretty much have that down..

I think you are probably golden man to be honest.

Yeah Kief nailed it. I mean you are doing the cwe perfectly in my opinion..
Let's see 50 pills, 8mg codeine...and how much apap is in each pill? We can do a bit of math and take the apap mg X 50pills to see how much apap you are really dealing with.
Then we can make a guesstimation on how much apap that could possibly be getting through your filter(we will never really know) which brings me to my next question, what kind of filter are you using? Coffee filter(which would take for fucking ever), a cheese cloth? Sorry if I missed this part I skim pretty fast sometimes..I like to use a thin t-shirt, so it filters quickly, then at the end I squeeze the shit out of the shirt containing the apap, to make sure I get all of the liquid out! But yeah the longer you let it sit in water the better I believe, bc opiates are water soluble so the longer, the better extract but KEY is freezer and pulling it RIGHT BEFORE it actually freezes, which sounds like you pretty much have that down..

I think you are probably golden man to be honest.
Dude thank you 🙏 I really appreciate your insight on this. I mean, I've done it countless times but I'm a bit of a sketchbag/ocd type person who always thinks what if what if what if. I annoy myself with these thoughts. Haven't had negative effects other than a bit of a stomach ache once the next day and sometimes mild constipation. Nothing major imo.

To answer your questions- the pills have 350mg each of apap. I used to work in health care and remember the max daily dose (of what is considered safe) to be 4000mg. I would imagine (hope) the extraction process would eliminate the apap to a point well below that. Also, I do use a coffee filter. Never tried the t shirt method but sounds pretty legit 👌

I have been performing CWE's for almost a decade now although I have not in the last 12 months I must say, and your coffee filter method is probably going to be a more sure-fire solution however if your willing to take a little time to maximise the dissolving process and really take care this method really can work and if your using coffee filters or doubling up filters even the shit can take for fucking ever in my experience. Remember your going to lose about 20% on average of your codeine dose, you just want the APAP crystals to form as you seem well aware to leave you with as pure codeine water as possible. Below is a link to a helpful study on CWE>

An Excerpt:
LC–MS/MS showed recoveries of the total amounts of codeine in tampering products of 81–84% from Product 1 (codeine/acetylsalicylic acid); 61–67% from Product 2 (codeine/ibuprofen); and 42–71% from Product 3 (codeine/paracetamol). Recoveries of non-opioid analgesics ranged between: 57–73% acetylsalicylic acid; 5.5–8.5% ibuprofen, and 5.0–9.2% paracetamol.

That is super helpful dude, many thanks 🙏 I am always looking for ways to really maximize the purity and eliminate as much of the nasty stuff so I will definitely take a gander at the link you sent. Just curious, how many pills/what kind of pills do you use for yours?and have you ever had any side effects? It is very reassuring to me that you've been doing CWE for so long.