View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Worrisome lasting side-effects after single Methoxetamine session

afer

Bluelighter
It's been a week since I went to an M-Hole using considerably high dosages of MXE (150 mg orally initially +100 mg redose after 3 hours). Everything went nice, strong but nothing unexpected.I do have a rather high dissociative tolerance due to using a methoxphenidine every other fortnight so this is the dose of MXE I am naturally comfortable with. Had not used MXE prior to that for like 2 months. Anyways, upon waking up the following morning I found out that my field of vision is fucked up to a great degree. It's like the separate pictures from each eye are not made up into the whole one - that is, the field of view that is not seen by one eye is not compensated by the view from another eye properly using binocular vision -that is, looking with both eyes. Essentially that means that when I look to the left or to the right with both eyes I see the 'shadow' of my nose partially superimposed upon the field of vision. That's quite distracting to say the least. There is also some trailing when looking at fast moving objects but that is not too frustrating.

So far I've been taking piracetam, choline, coenzyme Q10, L-arginine and a bunch of multivitamins but this does not seem to clear the things up. I am interested if anything has experienced related problems and when, if at all, this resolves with time...

This is norma espedially with an overdose like you did. You say its only just the next morning. You are probably still under the influence of the drug even though you feel somewhat normal now. Heavy use has resulted in effects for 2 days after in my experience. I think yI ou should be fine in a few days

Perhaps my phrasing was vague, I apologize. It's been a week since the trip now. Mentally I am fine yet the visual distortions do persist. Contrary to the HPPD, they kinda suck.

That is rather worrisome. I've taken doses like that every day for a couple months at a time (irresponsible; don't do this anybody!) and had no noticeable side effects until some kidney pain came up. No visual problems though. Keep us updated, I hope you feel better soon. Wish I could be more helpful.

I have a vague suspicion MXE stays in your system a lot longer than the noticeable effects last. After a mega dose like that I wouldn't think it unlikely there's still some unmetabolized MXE floating around in your system. A week isn't enough to decide you've done permanent damage. I'd stay of the dissociatives for a good while though, the human brain is pretty resilient and can take a lot, but you don't to push it too far. Hopefully your vision will go back to normal in another week or so... I remember it took a few months of not using psychedelics for my HPPD to disappear, never heard of a similar thing happening because of dissos though :/