• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Worried about my use of Opiods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo88

Bluelighter
For the past year or so, on and off, I've used hydrocodone and Codeine. Never in high doses, the max being 20mg of Hydrocodone in a day.

The past few months I've had a couple of procedures done, and have been prescribed both of them. I've taken them on and off. The past 4 days, I've taken 10mg Hydrocodone for recreation.

I take Valium, 8mg a day. I've come a long way from the 60mg equivalent I was once on. This is a prescribed medication.

I know I need to stop taking Opiates before it progresses into something more, and I need to stop NOW.

My question is, if I've taken it on and off for 3 months, and have been able to go 5 days without it and felt fine, does that mine I'm not at the withdrawal stage?

My last dose was taken about 24 hours ago, 10mg. I took them for 4 days in a row.

I never want to taken an Opiate again. I feel so stupid with already having gotten addicted to Xanax 3 years ago, and having to deal with the Valium.

I feel a little more anxious, and achy, but nothing overwhelming. I still have a full appetite, and don't have diarrhea or anything like that.

I could really use some advice. I have cut off my access to any Opiate. I have deleted numbers.

Will I be ok at this stage? Just gotta be tough the next few days?

Any and all advice is appreciated. I suffer from panic disorder, so this has me worried and a bit scared.

For me it is never the acute withdrawal which is worse but what happens when you get past it. Check out PAWS to get some idea what might be coming to you.

There is a recovery section in BL which I've found very helpful. The Dark Side and Sober Living have wonderful person who are able to help you getting by while quitting and after the acute phase of withdrawals.

While it may be hard for you because you never have experienced withdrawals it will be nothing like real full blown withdrawals and more like a extended come down. Just let this experience be a lesson not to use opiates except for managing short term or permanent chronic pain.

If you were able to go 5 days without any opioids you're like me, you're not addicted. Try to go another week without and see what happens, prolly nothing. You got the right idea tho, it's good to probe every once in a while to see where you're at.

I also have anxiety with panic attacks so I understand where you're at. For me any opioid/opiate is roughest the first two days with lingering RLS/insomnia/depression going about two weeks but in the times where the physical wd wasn't noticeable the other symptoms were slight (with insomnia the worst). I'd say if you can go a few days and just notice some achiness then it won't be too intense. I'd stay busy to keep your mind be off it, exercise daily (even if it's just a half hour brisk walk), eat well, and have a good bedtime routine set. You may want to check out the wd threads here on BL for suggestions on supportive meds/vitamins to help (like melatonin for sleep, etc.). Tell yourself you can do it and how good life will be unattached to painkillers as mantras do help.

I also have anxiety with panic attacks so I understand where you're at. For me any opioid/opiate is roughest the first two days with lingering RLS/insomnia/depression going about two weeks but in the times where the physical wd wasn't noticeable the other symptoms were slight (with insomnia the worst). I'd say if you can go a few days and just notice some achiness then it won't be too intense. I'd stay busy to keep your mind be off it, exercise daily (even if it's just a half hour brisk walk), eat well, and have a good bedtime routine set. You may want to check out the wd threads here on BL for suggestions on supportive meds/vitamins to help (like melatonin for sleep, etc.). Tell yourself you can do it and how good life will be unattached to painkillers as mantras do help.

Thanks Raysu, it's good knowing someone else with panic attacks knows where I'm coming from. I appreciate everyones advice!

I think i'll be ok, just gotta stop fucking around with this shit, and stick to marijuana edibles if I do anything at all. (Don't smoke anymore because of asthma).

My focus also has to be in getting off the last 8mg of this Valium. I know I can do it, just gotta keep going.

In fact, I'm making some firecrackers right now. Had a bad trip a couple weeks ago, so definitely learned that eating too much is no bueno.

Going to try to micro dose from now on, just to get a good night's rest. Also, exercise is definitely important! Started taking a multivitamin, and am going to try to cut out sugar and excess carbs as much as I can.

I believe that if you take care of your body, it will take care of you.

Thanks guys!

You are definitely not physically addicted if you have zero wd symptoms in those 5 days. That's a good thing. It will make stopping mych easier. Trust me you don't want to find out it's time to stop the hard way.

All correct answers. I'm going to close this, while it is correct. Good job. Remember, the key points that were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.