• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Work,School,and Two kids...

Pariahprose

Bluelighter
I have been attempting to go back to school to be a Pharmacy Technician for nearly a year now(quizzes online,material sent via postal mail).The thing is,the course shoudnt take nearly this long. At first I was flying through the material but since my gf and I moved into my moms it seems like I either dont have the time or the motivation 2 do any of it when I do have the time. I work 36-48 hrs., and help my gf(who doesnt work,but has a hard time when Im working bc she has back problems,so I try 2 help when Im off) and am just completly unmotivated when I do have the time. Gonna try 2 get a place of our own again soon bc we have had lots of problems since living at my moms. Hopefully things will get better once the kids get in daycare and we get n our own places,but I feel so screwed,am I? I am to intelligent 2 spend my life working at a factory,but idk :( Eventually wud like to get a job as a pharmacy tech and continue my education further,possibly in psychology,chemistry,or pharmacology...

My perspective from what I just read, is that you are currently going through a time of transition in your life, and that itself is fairly taxing. Getting a place of your own may help to a degree, but also don't feel that you need to get X amount of work done everyday or you have failed. It would be more productive and less stressful to do what you can, when you can, and work at a pace that is comfortable considering your other obligations.

No matter how small the steps you will eventually get to where you want to be, just do what you can to stay positive, and don't be afraid to set a little time aside for yourself as well.

Gonna try 2 get a place of our own again soon bc we have had lots of problems since living at my moms. Hopefully things will get better once the kids get in daycare and we get n our own places,but I feel so screwed,am I? I am to intelligent 2 spend my life working at a factory,but idk :( Eventually wud like to get a job as a pharmacy tech and continue my education further,possibly in psychology,chemistry,or pharmacology...

52mqu.gif

Okay, so you're not an English major. In any event, there is such a thing as being spread out too thinly. Sometimes people try to succeed in so many areas of life at once that they end up doing poorly in all of them. Time management is crucial in these types of scenarios, so is making goals -- both short term & long term. Think about what's most important in the immediate future and what your plans are for the next ten years. Then figure out what the best way to get there is. Focus on one thing at a time and avoid distractions; whatever you're doing at the moment is where your head needs to be completely.