• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Woo hoo! La-Mulana 2 Now in Development

exists

Bluelighter
I didn't catch wind of this until yesterday, but evidently a Kickstarter project for La-Mulana 2 was recently issued, and its funding exceeded! ETA: around Dec. 2015.

Playism Games said:
In La-Mulana 2, you will take on the role of Lumisa Kosugi on a mission to find the entrance to the ruins of Eg-Lana, which is rumored to be the source of recent monster appearances. The ruins themselves are compromised [sp] of a variety of areas as well as huge boss creatures known as Guardians. Who knows what lies in wait at the end of Eg-Lana?

It's true that La-Mulana 2 is a sequel, but we want to make it enjoyable both for people returning to the series and newcomers alike. While “You don’t need to have played the prequel!” is a horribly overused cliché, we feel it’s appropriate here. We want all players to be able to play and enjoy our work.

If you’ve never heard of La-Mulana and want to know more, click here. There are plenty of gameplay videos made by fans from all over the world, as well!

With the sequel to La-Mulana, our aim is to create a fresh new experience for people who enjoyed the first game, while also giving newcomers a chance to enjoy the series without being forced to play La-Mulana first.

La-Mulana 2 is being developed primarily for the PC, and will have gamepad support, just like the original La-Mulana.

More here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/la-mulana-2

Has anyone else played the first one? It's like a mix between Castlevania (the ARPG titles) & the Metroid series, but primarily fashioned after Maze of Galious (a game I never could get into). Very, very difficult, although I found the puzzles much more challenging than the skill required to solve them. The biggest problem was due to vague translations from the original Japanese text. I still have yet to complete the game, although I did get pretty far, but only after giving up and searching for answers online, unfortunately 8) I think with La-Mulana 2 -- if I'm to feel at all good about myself -- I'll just buckle down & figure out all the puzzles on my own...

edit: I guess I'm the only one who's excited about this :\ Not worth a real bump, nothing to see here, let the thread die naturally now...

Last edited: