• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

withdrawal - when do the dreams end!?

<SpaceHead>

Bluelighter
So I voluntarily quit all drugs for a month, I'm on day 11 right now. Ever since I quite smoking weed all the time I have extremely vivid dreams every time I go to sleep, even when I take a nap. It's getting kind of annoying because the dreams are always totally absurd situations, entertaining the first few nights but it's getting quite old. It makes me feel less rested when I get up. Some of the dreams are just downright nightmares too. Does anybody know when this will stop or start to fade from their personal experience?

Well I've been clean of all drugs except pot for some time, and the last time I blazed was 3 months ago. The dreams are still happening every night. I find them very annoying as well. I always hate the ones where I'm back in my old house being chased by zombies, they make you feel like everything thats real was just a dream and that this dream you're in now is reality. This is the reason I smoked weed in the first place, I get horrible night terrors and surreal dreams that disturb me. I prefer not to dream at all. Goddamn sum of those dreams can be disturbing, even if it was something you were thinking about in the daytime it would be completely normal. If theres some way to make them go away I'd like to hear about it (I'd just go smoke a bowl but I'm broke and been outta weed for a long time)

Generally speaking, people stop remembering/having dreams when they smoke or do drugs heavily. Now that you have stopped, you're just able to remember your dreams. Bad dreams reflect your psyche. They may never go away, but it's not hard to just man up and deal with them.

^I've never really had a problem with em, not like when I was younger. I lucid dream alot and end up taking control of the dream and fucking everything up (like chasing zombies with a flame thrower) My dreams just tend to annoy the crap outta my fiance, she wants me smoking again so she can get some sleep lol

try having a double bagger of chamomille tea shortly before sleep, i find it really helps soothe the mind

I would like to be able to gain lucidity in them, I've been trying by asking myself if I'm dreaming during the daytime and concentrating on knowing I'm dreaming as I fall asleep but I haven't made any progress. For some reason I haven't the slightest idea that I'm dreaming even though the situations are so unreasonable! Or I guess I could just man up right!

In my opinion, all you have to do in dreams to gain lucidity is realize that its all a dream. I'm a somnambulist tho, I used to sleepwalk alot before I got put on medication for my rls. Then again, I've been lucid dreaming since before I was 15, didn't know it was hard to do tho

Yea it can def be a trip. All those thoughts /memories come full force when the drugs are gone. Dreams can be crazy abstract. Its hard to find meaning most the time. But if im abstaining from my doc, than most the time i get dreams about ......my doc

i think i had vivid dreams for about a week or two when i withdrew from marijuana. i guess it could last longer for some people.

Yeah, i get it too if I quit drugs/pot after daily long term use.

People get it when they quit because everything when your awake becomes so boring, the brain needs to entertain itself at night ;)

If you want to practice lucid dreaming. I know it sounds stupid but get in the habit of looking at something, when you look away look at it again. If it becomes sort of a habit or if you do it often when you are dreaming the habit remains and if you look and then look at the same thing again it will change. You will get used to knowing when you are dreaming then making it lucid.

The only reason I ever stop smoking weed is because I have such control over my lucid dreams. When I'm smoking weed everyday I find it very hard to even have one lucid dream a night with any control.

But when I'm sober I can do Wake induced lucid dreams and I can make myself do pretty much every thing I can think of in a lucid dream, fly to the moon, zombie Apocalypse, socialize with every friend of mine, socialize with random people, create people out of thin air and give them a personality, build cities, build landscape, do drugs, fly, teleport, shoot lasers from my eyes, become any animal, become a female, change my size, change my shape, have an orgasm for hours on end. I love lucid dreams so much too bad weed suppresses REM sleep. <3

Ya! I really wana become lucid so I can take control of these bizarre scenarios in my dreams! It sounds like alot of fun and also very interesting to explore consciousness without being connected to your physical body. I know that dream recall is the first step in developing a lucid dreaming technique, and I've got that down, I remember about two dreams each time I sleep, and write them down in my dream journal. The next step is reality testing, and I've been doing that too, I ask myself if I'm dreaming several times a day. I still don't have any idea that I'm dreaming in the dreams though, iduno maybe it'll come.

im one of those ppl who dont like vivid dreams after quit toking. when toking daily i never remember my dreams. but they really annoy me and make me confuse when i have them. i found some of the hypnotic drugs work perfectly, avoid you to remember dreams. maybe seeking medical help solve your problem:)

Funny, nearly 2 years of smoking daily and I couldn't recall having a single dream in that time. Since quitting I have definately had dreams i recall but only a few and not vivid. Maybe its because I have drank every single day and been taking the odd bit of valium and temazepam aswell.
Last time I quit after daily use I definately had somewhat vivid dreams, although not to the extent I have read/heard others experience.

So I voluntarily quit all drugs for a month, I'm on day 11 right now. Ever since I quite smoking weed all the time I have extremely vivid dreams every time I go to sleep, even when I take a nap. It's getting kind of annoying because the dreams are always totally absurd situations, entertaining the first few nights but it's getting quite old. It makes me feel less rested when I get up. Some of the dreams are just downright nightmares too. Does anybody know when this will stop or start to fade from their personal experience?

Same happened to me dude, I hit the one month mark yesterday. Dreams are still there but I can say they got wayyy less intense.

Well that was one fucked up dream last night! I had a dream about a huge weed field, and everything as fine....then the zombies showed up. I started running bcuz it felt so real, then I realized it was all a dream. So I stopped running a pulled out the flamethrower, then the zombies caught fire (so did the weed plants:() I felt horrible about burning all the dream weed, then a helicopter came down and started shooting at me, then all of a sudden I'm running from the copter and then I'm driving a car thru los angeles and running over aliens on hollywood blvd. God I need sum drugs:( lol

OP: When i quit id Wake up sweating after only 4 hours of sleep in 48hours+ with very vivid dreams & i wouldnt be able to get back to sleep.

This is caused by depletion of melatonin & can easily be fixed with the purchase of Melatonin all natural over the counter sleep aid from your local pharmacy . Melatonin is what your brain produces after 20-40minutes after you've had your eyes closed to get you to sleep. Enjoy!

Also you dont "need some drugs" after all you came all this way & already took care of the hardest 2weeks pretty much. itd be stupid to hit reset now so to say; Give it at least a month & then see how you feel vs how you feel when your constantly using even if you smoke after at least you gave it a shot!