• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Zopiclone increase the anti-anxiety effects of Oxazepam?

mmarklarr

Greenlighter
Or will it just increase tolerance for both?
From what I can find, people suggest that Zopiclone and other z drugs would just increase sedation and tolerance of Oxazepam.
I cant find anyone saying that it would potentiate the anxiolytic effects of the Oxazepam

Oxazepam is a little bit milder than say alprazolam but when I add Z drugs into the mix, especially Zolpidem, I end up with missing time and try to decipher why there's a pepper shaker, a pair of scissors and an unopened can of soup or other weird shit on my nightstand in the morning among other signs of strange behavior. I posses enough motor function to do complex tasks but with no memory of it. But yeah there is some cross tolerance with benzos and Z drugs and tolerance does build fast IMO.

I'd go real easy on that combo if I were you..

Thanks, but you didnt address the question of if zopiclone adds to oxazepams anxiolytic effect

Anxiety doesn't exist during amnesic states. Z drugs will potentiate your oxazepam but it's a risky route for anxiolysis when a single, more potent benzo would be much better suited for the job. Antidepressants should also be considered before using a hypnotic sedative + weak benzo for controlling anxiety. Not exactly the right tool for the job. If your set on this route I would titrate slowly and use caution.