• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

will we ever get a break?

xstayfadedx

Bluelighter
I have always wondered this question. When will we ever get a break? I know many people on this forum are probably not religious the truth is I'm not really. I was always brought to church and I would even go to bible study when I was younger but now I don't ever really go to church. Maybe only on christmas or not even that. The thing is I do believe in God but my faith isn't close to being nearly as strong anymore.....I don't even pray.

Now what I really want to talk about is if there is really a true afterlife such as heaven and hell will we ever get a break? I mean the world in which we live is already so tiring and sometimes you just want to sleep and kind of go away for a little. The thought of being "alive" for eternity kind of scares me. I hope I'm explaining this well but what are your opinions/feelings on this situation?

don't worry about heaven and hell
they're the carrot and the stick invented by religious leader to enslave humans to their dogma

however, i don't know if "you" will ever be stuck to another physical body again or not

perhaps-
find peace of self and an understanding with nature.

then ones soul might not have a need or longing want for this domain, how ever the body dies.

Edit:
far too open ended^^
whether or not what is personally found as peace and understanding will help,,, i cant imagine further then acceptance of what is, to only be of further acceptance. we are attempted all through out life to be conditioned for adverse as-we-can know acceptance.

Last edited:
I know I need to find personal understanding... I don't worry so much whether their is heaven or hell. I just ponder over the fact that although we die, death is not the ending of anything. Even if we get put in someone else's body or we end up in heaven or hell. Our body may be dead but the person who made up that piece of flesh will forever be wandering around forever.

This year has just been a crazy one.... yet there are a lot of moments that keep me still going. I may be mentally drained but I still got a lot of years. I just wonder about these things sometimes.

I know, a LOT can happen in a year. Imagine having 90 of 'em under your belt. Doesn't it blow your mind how much LIFE the old people in your family must have lived?
Death is the end of something, it might just be a transition, but the other side of that transition is absolutely opaque to us as we are, there's next to no point in even worrying about it. All we can do is live as much life as our organs will allow before they say "F U, I quit!"

Yes, it's also senior year and it's suppose to be amazing but then again it's very stressful. It does blow my mind about anyone living for so many years...I do grasp it but that's not what I really worry about. I'm not necessarily worried about the years we will live before death but the years after.... It's a transition but will it be a transition that never ends?

Senior year will be over before you know it, a great weight will be lifted from your back.

Life is a lot of transitions, but not all (I'm on 23, so I'm not that much older than you, but trust me, high school will be blink in a year or two...and you'll be happy about it.)

Thanks Neighborhood and I know senior year will be over. I have less than two months, the thing is I always had this question running through my mind even when the good times were happening. I think my mind just likes to think about things most people wouldn't really care much about at this time in their lives.

I wish I could answer that right now but the sad thing is I don't even have the answer right now. Maybe in time I will.

I pretty much just believe in karma. Not like idealistic karma, where I'm expecting great rewards in the afterlife, or being reincarnated into a dragon in the next life. But one thing that keeps me going is to just be in the mindset that if you do what's right, and try not to harm other people, than you will somehow be rewarded. Who knows how or why or by whom. No one can really know anything like that. I hope for an afterlife of some sort (heaven if you will), but I realize that shit like that alot of times is just wishful thinking. Who knows man.

I just ponder over the fact that although we die, death is not the ending of anything
i think i understand well what you mean by your first question

but on that matter, we can only have hypotheses rather than answers (raise your hand if you have the answer)

one could be :
you're around 20 and feel tired of these 20 years of being here

but maybe you've actually been conscious in some way since the birth of the universe

so that would be some 13.7 billion years that you don't find tiring at all since you don't remember them

20 / 13700000000

feeling the weight of 20 years?
well, you seem well rested for someone who's been around for 13.7 billion :)

anyway. if we actually do get rests in between periods of life here, we don't remember them, so it won't help to know the answer

actually, you may just have gotten a 1000 years rest in another dimension between reading this word ... and that word

" anyway. if we actually do get rests in between periods of life here, we don't remember them, so it won't help to know the answer

actually, you may just have gotten a 1000 years rest in another dimension between reading this word ... and that word
"

we are quite literally only compounded static, nothing is as solid as the sum of its parts - but our parts have many many sums, microscopic cells, which consist of further bits of energy particles.

if we can learn to ignore this, while being fully aware, we may defy our own learned ability to understand and perceive our surroundings, and ourselves.

this could cause an, animated re-combustion, re-placement, or glimpses sometimes of what inhabits here on a similar 'frequency'.

... in an instant for a millennium, but what is a "millennium" to the endless?

i think i understand well what you mean by your first question

but on that matter, we can only have hypotheses rather than answers (raise your hand if you have the answer)

one could be :
you're around 20 and feel tired of these 20 years of being here

but maybe you've actually been conscious in some way since the birth of the universe

so that would be some 13.7 billion years that you don't find tiring at all since you don't remember them

20 / 13700000000

feeling the weight of 20 years?
well, you seem well rested for someone who's been around for 13.7 billion :)

anyway. if we actually do get rests in between periods of life here, we don't remember them, so it won't help to know the answer

I'm seventeen by the way but I know you wouldn't know that. Yet anyways I agree with you in some ways. I know we will never have the answer which is what bothers me because what if we do die but are just given life again and again. I will not remember my life before (well deja vu) but this new person I have become will still be wondering the question I stated above.

I pretty much just believe in karma. Not like idealistic karma, where I'm expecting great rewards in the afterlife, or being reincarnated into a dragon in the next life. But one thing that keeps me going is to just be in the mindset that if you do what's right, and try not to harm other people, than you will somehow be rewarded. Who knows how or why or by whom. No one can really know anything like that. I hope for an afterlife of some sort (heaven if you will), but I realize that shit like that alot of times is just wishful thinking. Who knows man.

I think the same way but I'm not worried about where I end even though I hope its heaven....I worry about the fact whether I'm lost in limbo, heaven or hell and maybe even reincarnated I will be alive for eternity. I do hope there is something more than dying but I don't think I have to because I know there is.