• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Suboxone kinda ease gabapentin wean?

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I know gabapentin works on the calcium channels. And I know my addiction to anything opiate needs to be curb by subs. I’m going to the doc today. So I need to know wether or not the Suboxone will kinda help my wean fro gabapentin. I’m really new to subs so I don’t know what to expect.

If you aren’t dependent on Suboxone, it may help you with any discomfort such as pain or hot/cold sweats, maybe help with anxiety some, but not so much...the tolerance builds faily quickly after which you won’t notice any of those benefits much any longer. I have heard Phenibut can help with Gabapentin WD and there are threads here on Bluelight about it, but be very cautious if you take the Phenibut as the withdrawal can be pretty nasty from it if you take it enough to become dependent on it. Sucks man the house always wins, no free lunch..

^ phenibut is also a VDCC blocker like gabapentin, so replacing gabapentin with phenibut is just that, replacing one drug with another of the same class. Buprenorphine (suboxone) is a very strong opioid for the non-tolerant, so yeah - it will help make the gabapentin WD more comfortable without interfering with the process of restoration of homeostasis of your VDCC receptor system (aka getting rid of dependence). But opioids are a class of drugs that one develops dependence to very quickly as well, and they can be quite addictive, so be cautious.

Does the heaviness eventually fade. I don’t want to feel like I’m wanting to go to bed all the time and that’s on 1/4th a strip.

Yeah if you keep on taking suboxone you will soon begin to feel simply “normal” and then you’ll be into the everlasting hell that is buprenorphine dependence and the only time you’ll feel good from it is the contrasting feelings of being uncomfortable withdrawl-ish, to “whew thank goodness I feel “normal” again.

Look I’m not hating on Suboxone it can be a life saver to a hell bent on death fiending addict, but please do not create a dependence to Buprenorphine if not absolutely necessary, it is a hell to get off of, just like with methadone. The withdrawal is awful compared to a short acting opioid. Hope you get to feeling better

There is nothing worse than Gabapentin or even worse Lyrica withdrawals....doing it now with burb and no I find it doesn't help alleviate WDs nothing dose !! its the worst,,,,,, would rather get off any opioid any day rather than this S**t

What dose are you down to ? I am doing it too but with Lyrica which is doubly worse

I had no idea that gabapentin or Lyrica wd was so bad/uncomfortable. I have only been on Neurontin for 2 months back about 5 years ago when I went into detox for Heroin addiction...the psychiatrist at the facility had me on Neurontin (gabapentin) and Suboxone...why she had me on gabapentin I do not know to this day. Possibly as a mood stabilizer?? Anyway, I was on it for 2 maybe 3 months and I just stopped and noticed no wd, I don’t think I was on a high dose so that’s possibly why I experienced no wd symptoms.