• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Will marijuana lead to heroin relapse?

No. Heroine leads to heroine relapse. I've never smoked pot and said yeah now I want to shoot dope. It's usually the opposite actually. Alcohol on the other hand is a different story

Pot can be a stepping stone to and away from harder drugs, I've used it during withdrawals and it's amazing medicine, but it's not an end all be all cure all either. Just be careful OP, pot deserves healthy respect. That being said alcohol and benzodiazepines for me seem to lower my inhibitions to not use H. And it goes without saying prescription pain killers are way more likely to encourage a relapse. Best of luck to you

In my own recovery, I've found cannabis to be very helpful. The times I tried to remove all drugs from my life were, well, brief. More to the point, they were counterproductive--I always felt awful and relapsed (onto heroin) quickly. For me, using weed regularly reduces the feeling that I need to escape from myself, which is precisely what kicks off most of my impulses to use stronger drugs.

Eventually I hope to reduce my cannabis intake a bit. (I'm currently about a once-a-day smoker.) But that's a project for farther down the road.
I'm in the same boat, I'd like to reduce my use of cannabis but not at the expense of feeling so shitty I need to 'fix' it with H