• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will increasing LSD dose help combat SSRI-induced trip weakness?

velmwend

Bluelighter
Not had much luck with LSD lately, possibly due to SSRIs. I take 10mg escitalopram. I was wondering: would increasing LSD dose help combat the weak trips, or does acid just not work at all when taking SSRIs?

I believe so but it might take a lot. I've never taken any SSRIs but I do know that they weaken psychedelic significantly.

I have to wonder why SSRI diminish effect seeing as they block repair reuptake and don't affect receptors directly. I'd honestly just assume it's a bad idea as those meds are used for a reason.

I think you will eventually get a little trip from non-5HT2A receptor activation, that will be pretty uneventful and kinda cheap. Things like swirling colours deep behind closed eyes, maybe some profound staring at objects, subject-object distinction breakdown, no mood change or euphoria and it'll all be over in an hour or so. I ate about 15 reasonably sized mushrooms and had this effect. I had previously eaten about 8 with the same effects. It seems it can't be overcome with massive doses, or at least it's not a linear relationship. Maybe ridiculous doses like 30 or so mushrooms would do something, or whatever the equivalent is in LSD.

I take an SSRI and I've had some very heavy acid trips and shroom trips so I don't know why people act like it's not possible and I think that's probably just incorrect.

I do know that a lot of my trips haven't been as hard as I wanted them to be or had as many visuals as I wanted, so I think probably if I'd taken more I would have tripped harder, but some of my trips have still been quite strong with visuals even while on an SSRI.

Also, I find that it's only the visual element of the trip that is often weakened, but not the mental component. I still definitely go to another world mentally.

Yeah I trip balls and I'm on 15 mg escitalopram. Never gotten my hands on acid (not for lack of trying) but LSA and shrooms have been a blast. My lady friend trips harder at the same dose on shrooms but I still get visuals and crazy mind fuck and increasing the dose works. I wouldn't do it with a more dangerous psych, because the negative effects won't necessarily diminish with the positive, but acid is an incredibly safe compound with a history of being fine at very high doses so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks guys. Interesting replies there, especially regards escitalopram not affecting trips. Think I'm gonna up dose because I may just naturally need higher as I get older. Cheers.

Oh I should mention I was on Abilify (antipsychotic) as well as the mirtazapine/zoloft or whatever I was on at the time. I think maybe that changes things, since it really goes for 5HT2A.