The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Why isnt 4MMC popular here?

toolband

Greenlighter
Whatup BL. This is a new account (had to delete my old account for a few reasons) but I have been on this board for the greater part of the last decade or so (mainly lurking). Anywho, I was wondering why people in north america never really got into 4MMC? Is it because most people got scared off of it due to the medias demonizing it as being one of the active ingrediants in 'bath salts'? (Which usually had MDPV in it or a shitty MMC analogue anyways?)

I personally love the stuff, prefer the high much more to MDMA and Cocaine (the drugs which it is most commonly compaired to) and all of my friends who I have given it to have agreed (I am positive what I have is pure 4MMC and not 4MEC or some crappy drug). So... why did this drug seemingly blow up over the pond but never become popular state side? Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
idk, seems like methylone took the cake for most popular cathinone. over here it seems like we have better coke but shittier mdma, maybe thats the reason? maybe the states needed a mdma replacement and europe needed a coke replacement

4mmc was huge on my campus. i went through 5 oz of it in 1 month, having used none myself.

i think the EU has bad coke and meph replaced that. we have bad E and methylone replaced that. just like the other dude said. i mean meph is in the US but not to the extent methylone is......and furthermore meph is sold as just that while methylone is being passed off as molly.....so i dont know there. interesting topic though. sucks they are both illegal now. oh the memories.

Around here people just about refuse to take research chemicals. There was a point where I literally could not give away 2-CI for free to people I knew just because it was a research chemical. Some of those people finally came around but the vast majority did not. Legal highs just have too much of a negative connotation here IME, especially the whole bath salts thing with the guy supposedly eating another guy's face off.

Yeah I still don't get it... 4MMC is fantastic if used in moderation which I have been able to do very easily for the past three years or so (maybe indulging once every 3 months or so for the last 3 years? have had zero side effects doing it like this).. I know others can't exhibit that level of control tho so may get bad side effects.

It's weird. I personally am one of the few people who hates MDMA (have had real clean stuff which all of my friends loved... just was never my cup of tea) and also hate Cocaine (hate how it only lasts for 20-35 mintues... have had good coke before too... would always rather have d-MPH if going for that type of high)... however I absolutely love Mephedrone.

Like I said in the OP with no exception anyone who I have given clean 4MMC to have agreed with me in the sense that they like the buzz way more than MDMA and way more than Cocaine. Even though 4MMC is illegal now it is still possible to get if you know where to look (as are all drugs) so you would think that there would be atleast somewhat of a scene for it here in the states... but it just doesnt exist.

Around here people just about refuse to take research chemicals. There was a point where I literally could not give away 2-CI for free to people I knew just because it was a research chemical. Some of those people finally came around but the vast majority did not. Legal highs just have too much of a negative connotation here IME, especially the whole bath salts thing with the guy supposedly eating another guy's face off.

It depends on your group of friends as well. I know a large number of people who would not touch a research chemical let alone psychedelics/drugs. And other people who would be glad to hop on google and learn about a what a chemical is. People who have had a psychedelic experience are probably more open to using drugs for that purpose.

I know right?! Thought I had a "get rich quick scheme" set up dozens of times. Stocked up on rcs, but COULD NOT get them sold unless I just straight up lied about what it was. I don't understand people, the media bullshit scaring them oh and btw if you havn't heard yet the miami bath salt scare was a misunderstanding, that man had no "bath salt" ingredients in his system

It depends on your group of friends as well. I know a large number of people who would not touch a research chemical let alone psychedelics/drugs. And other people who would be glad to hop on google and learn about a what a chemical is. People who have had a psychedelic experience are probably more open to using drugs for that purpose.

I would never offer psychedelics to people who have never tried them, that's fucked up. Not exactly everyone can handle tripping. Those friends are more than experienced with a wide variety of drugs, including psychedelics.

Sir_Kit: I agree that the media is scaring a great deal of people and I know that the guy from Miami was not high on bath salts, but it never hurts to throw out information like that when people may be unaware.

Last edited:
Me and my GF went through a few ounces of 4-MMC last summer. And the lines at the headshop made it seem damn popular to me. I used to always see 3-4 people in line every fucking day when I went to buy mephedrone.

But as time went on quality went down and availability went down. First headshops then online.

I'd still be into it but i don't trust the sources.