• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Why is this female archetype seemingly always 'damaged' ?

arthunter888

Bluelighter
I have and always have had a strong romantic/physical attraction fetish/preference for brunette women that have very light skin. I just find this [dark hair + light skin] look incredibly attractive (idk maybe it's the visual contrast that catches my eye, or there's something about this that makes them look 'pure', innocent, or angelic, in some way - just brainstorming).

Anyway, I've noticed (from my personal experience) that these women all tend to have similar personality traits such as extreme shyness and passiveness. I realize women inherently tend to be more passive than men, but this type of woman seems to be even more passive than other types of women. Fortunately I happen to find shyness a bit attractive as well.

Unfortunately, I've noticed a lot of negative traits. It seems like they are always psychologically 'damaged' in some way. Some examples: they have much less ability to communicate internal conflicts than other women. Like they bottle up their emotions more and explode only when confronted about something. Also they tend to play psychological games in order to minimize or hide these conflicts. It also seems like they have an extreme need for attention (and often seek out compliments), but often become cold/distant when attention is given to them. Low self-esteem is present a lot.

Interestingly, these women (again the ones I have known personally) also tend to be more likely to have been in abusive or otherwise unhealthy relationships (and more often than not stay in those relationships) which would expectedly bring forth or influence the above negative traits.

I recently had my heart broken by a really cute pale brunette (not the first time by this type) for confusing and unjustified reasons, so I've been thinking about this concept a lot. I've also had my heart broken by women that did not have this look, and those relationships in general were more communicative, less mind-games, and more clear about the reasons it did not work.

Though my heart was broken, this isn't meant to be hostile, but is a genuine inquiry I've been having. Has anyone else noticed a trend of these negative, contradictory, and/or confusing tendencies in light-skinned brunette women compared to the rest of the female population? Any theories as to why?

My initial theory would primarily be social factors. In general, when people think of these women in a social context, they are usually not judged positively. They are more likely to be considered 'outcasts' or loners, and become ostracized and/or teased in school or other social groups. This is probably correlated with the fact that counter-culture-like subgroups such as 'Emo' and 'Goth' cliques are made up of them almost exclusively (not sure which factor is the 'chicken' or 'egg' though) . Not to mention the fact that the modeling industry and popular culture (in the USA at least) are obsessed with blonde women, tan women, and blonde + tan women, and largely ignore light-skinned brunettes. I guess that may add an exotic element to and contributes toward my preference.

Aside from the fact that this look is rare and hard to find, I just feel so unlucky that I am so obsessed with this look in women (which began as a teen way before I became involved in any relationships so it wasn't obv caused by anything); to the point that I would not be interested much in even a good-looking brunette whose skin is a little bit too tan (lol, I know I'm a little neurotic myself, not denying that). And not to mention, completely blonde women with golden beach tans are out of the question. Though I wouldn't automatically turn down a blonde or brown-haired girl if their skin is light enough, so I guess skin color is slightly more of a factor than hair color. I wish I would run into my preferred type and she would turn out to be reasonably functional and not so psychologically damaged. My personal experience with them is sufficient enough to be making these generalizations as a subject of inquiry at the very least.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now and would be interested to hear any similar or opposing observations, and supporting theories, etc.

some pics

Just some pictures to demonstrate what I'm admiring physically...

carly-foulkes.jpg

Pink-Leather.jpg

carly-2.jpg

04e27664f118406e35d47bcc34f2962d.jpg

18j2aix74v3sejpg.jpg

brittany-curran-paley-fest-precious-15.jpg

MV5BODgzMjc0NTkzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY0MTI2OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Last edited:
wow. so many random generalisations backed up by your own anecdotal experience. because that's a reliable way to judge females of a certain hair colour and skin tone.

everyone is different but for whatever reason you have drawn to you women with these kinds of personalities.

your the link in the behaviour patterns, not their hair colour.

^ Whoa defensive much? Where did I ever say or imply that I was judging them? Also a major part of my post is that I am extremely attracted to them.

I find this look very attractive also. However, I've never based the pursuit of a relationship on it. I haven't found what you've said to be true.

I really don't think that the behaviour you perceive in these women has anything to do with melanin. Perhaps, as po has said, you are subconsciously being drawn to women with these personality traits. It's not that you find them desirable, but that there is a certain familiarity to it; when you're picking up on some of these familiar traits, and the appearance matches, your brain may be getting switched on to think ''this is right''.

Also, who's the woman in the last picture? She's very beautiful!

I really don't think that the behaviour you perceive in these women has anything to do with melanin.

I'm not saying it's the skin itself that's causing these traits. Like I described in the OP, I believe it is how society perceives this look in general that contributes to those women developing the traits. Just to reiterate, in the United States this looks tends to be uncommon and also a little taboo (generally both pale skin is viewed as a negative, and dark hair is viewed as less attractive than lighter/blonde hair) so as a result these women tend to be part of 'outcast' subgroups or counter-culture sub-groups of our social society. It is this taboo quality about their appearance that may cause them to have low self-esteem, a feeling of not fitting in, and all the other stuff that comes along with those things. Just a theory, but a plausible one IMO.

Brittany Curran

Also, who's the woman in the last picture? She's very beautiful!

Her name is Brittany Curran. I first discovered her on the teen Nickelodeon show "Drake and Josh" (episode title: "Who's Got Game"). She's definitely gotta be among the top 5 most attractive females I've ever seen. I also really dig the whole 'rocker' chick type look she was presenting in this episode (the clothing, accessories, leather boots, hair style, etc.). You know, the type of look commonly put on by women in rock bands or women going to rock concerts. She has both the hair/skin contrast thing going on AND the 'rocker chick' look so she's damn sexy to me.

Here's some images from that show:

http://postimage.org/

Her Face is just perrrrrfect. Equal to Rachel McAdams...

free upload pictures

imagehosting

uploading pictures

photo uploader

image upload no ads

upload jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She's got a nice hour-glass figure too...

image upload
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and a BOOTY to go with it...

upload foto

upload a gif

image hosting 10mb limit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmmm that arched back...

imgurl

Last edited:
^ Whoa defensive much? Where did I ever say or imply that I was judging them? Also a major part of my post is that I am extremely attracted to them.

i'm not being defensive. if you make sweeping generalisations about behaviour and hair and skin colour you should expect that people will pull apart this nonsense pretty quick.

the confounding variable is you. you are are drawing these personalities to you for whatever reason.

you say these women "all tend to have similar personality traits such as extreme shyness and passiveness". bullshit. the only ones you've managed to get are the passive ones, probably because they respond well to your chat up tactics. I mostly work with women and they are not more passive than men.

the thing is if you want a different type of personality to your girlfriend you need to change your game

as for judging if you start saying "Unfortunately, I've noticed a lot of negative traits. It seems like they are always psychologically 'damaged' in some way." how is that not a judgement? lol

Last edited:
i'm not being defensive. if you make sweeping generalisations about behaviour and hair and skin colour you should expect that people will pull apart this nonsense pretty quick.

This isn't a persuasive essay I'm writing. It's a question ('has anyone else noticed the same things?'). I was not stating anything as scientifically proven fact, just my own personal observations.[/quote]

the confounding variable is you. you are are drawing these personalities to you for whatever reason.

I've already mentioned that most of my relationships with women of different looks have been much less confusing, dramatic, and psychologically taxing. Seriously it was like night and day. So that means I am not the confounding variable.

as for judging if you start saying "Unfortunately, I've noticed a lot of negative traits. It seems like they are always psychologically 'damaged' in some way." how is that not a judgement? lol

Just because the observations have negative associations doesn't mean I am being judgmental. For example if I say something like "elderly people tend to have poor health compared to younger people," I am making a neutral observing about something that happens to be negative, but I am not judging. A negative element in an observation does not make the entire observation negative. It's not equal to saying "elderly people disgust me because they always get sick and younger people should just let them die so we don't have to deal with these nuisances!" That would be a judgmental sentence.

In the context of my OP, if I were to say, "These women are complete bitches with all of their emotional problems. They should keep all their annoying baggage away from men and deal with it on their own", then it would be judgmental. It's understand some may interpret my post this way somewhat, but the reality is I am not BLAMING anyone. In fact I am sympathetic to them and go on to say that these particular troubled women are probably products of social conditioning as a result of having an unusual appearance = not their fault they have problems.

Honestly, I think that you just happen to be attracted the the females of that description (brunette, light skin) who happen to be "damaged". You just happened to be attracted to the ones that have some type of issue. Most people have issues, some way or another.

Those other girls probably felt like they weren't brunette, or antisocial, enough for you and it made them insecure.

You are probably just attracted to women (or this type of woman is attracted to you) with the personality traits you describe. I don't think brunettes have a monopoly on that type of behavior.

Well I was unaware of the traits of the women before I got involved with them so it's not a case of me being attracted to them because of these traits.